Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone.

M3 reservation holder here. First post in this thread.
Almost decided M3 the way to go.
Holding out for a few more months before putting an order in as my current lease goes back at the end of November.
Like some of you hoping for white interior option to be made available by the time I have to put the order in.

Rang Shannons today and received a quote for our M3P-, they had it on the system already so that was good. Around 1250 with 950 excess. I’m nearly 50, have a few cars with them and a clear history. Garaged and a reasonable risk location in rural Queensland (150km west of Brisbane).
Never insured with Shannons. Would they consider Model 3 as a first enthusiast's car for me to insure with them. I have owned Toyota's for the last 20+ years. Toyota Echo, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Prius

Never insured with Shannons. Would they consider Model 3 as a first enthusiast's car for me to insure with them. I have owned Toyota's for the last 20+ years. Toyota Echo, Toyota Yaris, Toyota Prius

You are a car enthusiast - was toyota, now Tesla. The fact that you're on this site supports that too. You can comfortably tell them you're a car enthusiast. I've insured many cars with them prior, and there is no objective test on what makes an enthusiast.

Good luck!

Reactions: ICUDoc
Yeah i was thinking about that price. Roughly half way between. Fingers crossed it will come. Sounds like plenty people want LR mid spec. Its available in S and X. Cmon Tesla!
I was hoping the Long Range RWD would have been around that 78 - 82 K drive away AUD - I am after the range more than the AWD or better speakers :) ($96449 for LR Performance is outta my range for the range - and $72,575 doesnt buy me enough range for what I want to do) so waiting to see if something in the middle price wise pops uo with LR i will push the buy button.

Reactions: raynewman
Yeah i was thinking about that price. Roughly half way between. Fingers crossed it will come. Sounds like plenty people want LR mid spec. Its available in S and X. Cmon Tesla!
There was actually a little better than educated guess available as one of the users here pulled the numbers out of the Tesla website code:
Tesla Model 3 AU prices
so the AWD model prices depending on the state were from ~83700 to ~87700 so depending on where you are a little more than 82k with onroad costs.

• Helpful
Reactions: mmui90
There was actually a little better than educated guess available as one of the users here pulled the numbers out of the Tesla website code:
Tesla Model 3 AU prices
so the AWD model prices depending on the state were from ~83700 to ~87700 so depending on where you are a little more than 82k with onroad costs.
Thanks dude.
BTW, I wonder what the re-registration costs are to buy new in ACT & drive to NSW/VIC

Hey all,
Could the August date be real? So many delays but we have kept the faith and settled on the standard plus model with metallic blue color. Paid the 3k deposit and website mentioned deliveries starting in August. Total was approximately 82k. Forget saving for the kids future! We're just spending their inheritance..sure they will understand. Customised plates on the way (T5SLA3) in Navy Blue through vplates. Don't think we have been this excited since we got a classic 1973 E-Type Jag a few years ago.