Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There appears to be speculation that this car assignment started in NZ because the cars arrived on a container ship. If that is the case, then the most likely ship appears to be SEOUL EXPRESS that arrived recently and will be going on to AUS with estimated arrival this Friday:
SEOUL EXPRESS - Container Ship (IMO: 9193305, MMSI: 211331640) | MyShipTracking
So this could be it, or it might just be wishful thinking. If they did arrive, they still have to get processed by customs and what other hoops the governments have set for importing vehicles, so don't any one hold their breath and just wait for Tesla to sort that all out.

Once I have the final invoice, I can theoretically take that and register the vehicle. What happens if Tesla changes the VIN after this point?

Since I am registering in ACT where they aren't dealers I have to do it myself. All they require is the invoice and a form and will register in 5 mins.

Cannot find the VIN. In fact in the next steps list, I have actually gone back to the first step. Earlier prepare for delivery was complete.

upload_2019-8-6_18-16-44.png

There appears to be speculation that this car assignment started in NZ because the cars arrived on a container ship. If that is the case, then the most likely ship appears to be SEOUL EXPRESS that arrived recently and will be going on to AUS with estimated arrival this Friday:
SEOUL EXPRESS - Container Ship (IMO: 9193305, MMSI: 211331640) | MyShipTracking
So this could be it, or it might just be wishful thinking. If they did arrive, they still have to get processed by customs and what other hoops the governments have set for importing vehicles, so don't any one hold their breath and just wait for Tesla to sort that all out.

The advice was vins on arrival. I think some UK vins were assigned for Triumph Ace a week before arrival. I’ll confirm in the next hour. It could be Seoul (nothing sighted in Auckland yet) or it could be Cap Capricorn

The vin format is this (taken from the car at car advice day so is public)

5yj3f7eb6kf409672

5yj3f7e will be for all of them
Pos 8 A - single motor, B - dual motor
Pos 9 check digit between 1 and 9
Then “kf”
Then the sequence 409672
By the way, can probably say it now without consequence. The Caradvice car BAR079 had the wrong number plates. VIn 409672 was supposed to have the plate BAR081. Noticed it when I snapped a photo of the door sticker vin and then looked at the VicRoads registry. Paul Maric and Tesla were notified.

• Love
Reactions: one4spl