Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else select the wrong payment method. I select self-arranged loan, but I am now going with Tesla.
No way to change online. All the anxiety around not delaying the delivery ;)
Yer I did that too.

I just rang 1800 686 705 and the guy one the other end of the phone was only too happy to change it for me and fix it up, he also fixed my DOB at the same time. Within 24 hours later I am no 'Credit Application Pending' and the guy at Macquarie (I rang them because they accidentally sent me an application for finance form) said that this was totally normal and in Tesla's side from Macquarie's perspective I was approved.

Yer I did that too.

I just rang 1800 686 705 and the guy one the other end of the phone was only too happy to change it for me and fix it up, he also fixed my DOB at the same time. Within 24 hours later I am no 'Credit Application Pending' and the guy at Macquarie (I rang them because they accidentally sent me an application for finance form) said that this was totally normal and in Tesla's side from Macquarie's perspective I was approved.
True. I tried calling a couple times. No luck getting through yet. Will try again. The company that contacted me is Pepper. Not Macquarie.
Wonder if everyone is getting the same rate. 3.89% from memory with Pepper.

Wonder if everyone is getting the same rate. 3.89% from memory with Pepper.

Macquarie and Money pepper are all the same for everyone that I've heard. Though they were originally 4.3% but I believe the people who got approval then would have had their rates dropped as well. Only better one is ANZ but only for business finance, at 3.29% which I'm doing (on a floating rate, on the basis I think I it is only likely to stay or go down for some time, and means no break costs)

Macquarie and Money pepper are all the same for everyone that I've heard. Though they were originally 4.3% but I believe the people who got approval then would have had their rates dropped as well. Only better one is ANZ but only for business finance, at 3.29% which I'm doing (on a floating rate, on the basis I think I it is only likely to stay or go down for some time, and means no break costs)
I was told by Macquarie that for personal finance for Tesla the rate was 3.99% and for Novated it was 5.7%. Pepper said the personal car finance for Tesla was 3.89% and they do not do novated at all.

• Informative
Reactions: jaykaye
I was told by Macquarie that for personal finance for Tesla the rate was 3.99% and for Novated it was 5.7%. Pepper said the personal car finance for Tesla was 3.89% and they do not do novated at all.
I have a confirmed 3.9% with Macquarie.
Pepper I believe is .01% less so (3.89%).

In saying that I am also wanting the web portal that Macquarie offer so I can monitor the life of my lease without having to call up and get someone to provide my readouts of my account, etc.

Does anyone in NZ still have their page looking like this? Mine has been like this almost since completing the form on the first day. I have confirmed with UDC my finance is all ready to go and approved so a bit unsure. Obviously have a case of the delivery anxiety's with my status stuck on this for so long.
Mine looked like this and I called Auckland Tesla directly and they fixed it.

I believe that a "Business Authority to Register" is literally a letter signed by someone with authority (like a director) to allow you to act on behalf of the company. The person signing the letter could be you if you are a director. I have had to do this from time to time with other companies, like Telstra.

I just found an old business authority to register for my current car. It actually is a letter authorising the dealer (Tesla) to register a vehicle in your company name. Here's what I have uploaded:

I, _______________, give full authority to TESLA MOTORS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD to register one new Tesla Model 3 __________________ in the above mentioned Company Name (ABN XXXXXXXXXXX)

The authority is also given to access the ASIC database to confirm any details required.

The Company RTA customer number is XXXXXXXX

Foo Bar

signature

Director, Barbaz Pty Ltd

I just found an old business authority to register for my current car. It actually is a letter authorising the dealer (Tesla) to register a vehicle in your company name. Here's what I have uploaded:

I, _______________, give full authority to TESLA MOTORS AUSTRALIA PTY LTD to register one new Tesla Model 3 __________________ in the above mentioned Company Name (ABN XXXXXXXXXXX)

The authority is also given to access the ASIC database to confirm any details required.

The Company RTA customer number is XXXXXXXX

Foo Bar

signature

Director, Barbaz Pty Ltd

If you give Tesla a call or email, they generally have templates such as 'Request authority from Bodies Corporate to install a wall charger', etc.

They're actually really good templates too.

Reactions: baillies