Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good try andygen21!

I am not going anywhere until I have received THAT phone call!

Also, I am more of a ship than a train spotter - might go back to Botany Bay when the Kota Express arrives on Monday (as long as I have received THAT call by then).

Incidentally, I never posted the link to all my photos that I took of the Cap Capricorn, so here it is:

Dropbox - Cap Capricorn - Simplify your life

I hope that link works, given that I am somewhat technologically challenged.

The sunrise pictures did not turn out all that well - sorry!
Ooooh 1st, this is NSFW. Very awesome photos. My sincere thanks. We know in hindsight this was not a wasted effort. Cap Capricorn Delivered.

Last edited:
Interesting... I wonder if they had problems uploading to website and just emailed manually
Yes I wonder as well. I was definitely told "today" for the invoice but it was already 5pm local. I haven't seen anyone else saying the have an invoice, here or elsewhere.

Have also seen a couple of people claim that erroneous invoices were posted briefly and then taken down...

Last edited:
You got an email and you're in perth? I'm perth with an appointment of September 16 apparently but no email yet
Ya Andy, email was time stamped 4:36pm Perth time...been checking the Tesla account 3 times a day and nothing.. I only check email morning and evening nowadays and there it was. I'm sure your car will be on same truck as mine and maybe 4 or so others so fingers crossed.

Reactions: andygen21
Man, the stamp duty and LCT are a killer aren't they? from my order agreement (NSW) they are $4000k $5300 respectively. I have the same car less the FSD.

Is it possible that FSD adds $2k in LCT? If so man, that stings.
You missed GST, and the fact that you have to earn way more than the purchase price and pay tax before you buy your car with the proceeds.

Man, the stamp duty and LCT are a killer aren't they? from my order agreement (NSW) they are $4000k $5300 respectively. I have the same car less the FSD.

Is it possible that FSD adds $2k in LCT? If so man, that stings.
You right Ploddy, LCT is evil, supposed to protect local car manufactures which we don't have anymore.(same goes with payroll tax but don't get me started) Been nagging my local Federal member here in Perth regarding this for last few years...also lined him up for a test drive once I get the Tesla...since he is assistant minister to prime minister hoping to get some traction...but its always glacial...

Reactions: technerdx6000