Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yikes. RACV quotes me $2000 per year insurance (comprehensive), Shannons $3300. Disappointing as I'm with Shannons for home and the other car. But even $2k seems a lot to me (never owned a car this expensive before, no way near). I understand there's discussion on Facebook about Model 3 insurance - for those of us not on Facebook, any recommendations?

Here's the RACV quote I got for SR+ on agreed value of $72K.
edit: quote includes rental car and windshield

Keep in mind there are several things that may affect your quote:
- suburb
- age of driver(s)
- agreed excess
- membership and multi-policy discounts

I mentioned in the insurance discussion that it is best to call them and speak with a consultant to get an exact quote rather than an online estimate.

Attachments

• RACV.jpg
    RACV.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Having read that post about the appalling verbal attacks on Tesla staff I wonder if some folks need to challenge themselves to not look at this forum for 24hrs.

No one ever said VINs were final, no one ever said all of our cars were on Cap Capricorn, no one ever truly believed it would all be sorted by 30 Aug.

Right now I have no car, am paying for Ubers everywhere and have no Tesla phone call....oh well, life sux I guess.
I agree, it’s frustrating but there are bigger issues in the world. I feel for the Tesla employees that have had no control over the situation and must be getting abused daily. At the end of the day we will all get our cars ..... hopefully

Reactions: 1st in Line
Yup. I emailed them about 30 minutes ago chasing up my order and they've already got back to me (Tesla could learn a thing or two!).

"
Thank you for your email and your order with us! All Jeda USB Hubs will ship within 4 weeks from the initial order date. Your order is set to ship by 9/2. We will send out an email update with shipping batch information, as well as information on choosing the best storage device for your Tesla Model 3 dashcam/sentry. This email will be coming soon.

Thank you again.

"

Just seen someone on twitter has got their hub now so they are actually heading out to people

Reactions: andygen21
Hidden VIN in 488 series waiting for the phone to ring (best guess based on vins + shops delivery around 20 September).

I emailed Tesla NZ the other day to see if they could give me any more info re delivery timings. They didn't have anything to add other than they will be in contact soon so I followed it up with a few words of encouragement...

I feel for you and your team - it's going to get pretty crazy with lots of very excited people out there. Keep up the good work!

And got the following reply...

Thanks for your positive words. It is rather hectic this end but we are just working through each case one by one. Sit tight, as soon as your turn comes around we will be in touch.

Sitting tight!

So this might sound a little stalker-ish but I had to go on a long training run today (19km) and thought I’d end it at the delivery centre in Richmond.
Very nice place with 4 SC out the front with what looked like 3 model 3s in the service area around the back.
It was totally not the time for photos but they looked like they were getting prepped for delivery to me for whatever that’s worth.
I’m a long way from getting ours. Ordered in June, no resv, lost our hidden vin early this week, no calls no dates

Calibrate your expectations to mid or end of September and you shouldn't be disappointed :)
Constant emails, phone calls to local Tesla staff just slows things down for everyone.

Very sensible and agree. In the meantime it is a pleasure to share the joy of fellow forum members getting to progress their orders through. Tracking ships and following the chats here have been more fun than haranguing Tesla staff for more info.

From the NZ delivery people...

If I was Tesla, I would simply bump anyone calling a few spots down the list - and let them know this.

My rationale: Any call takes up finite staff resources that could otherwise be applied towards expediting deliveries. Prioritise customers who take up least resources.

Second and third "follow up" calls?!? Block numbers. Surely if we are able to block nuisance callers, corporations should be able to do the same.

Just im-probablynotverypopular-ho

Hidden VIN for the first time today 4491XX! Yippee! I know some of you have been at this stage for a while, but I’ll celebrate every little step at the moment.
SR+
Reserved Nov 2018
Ordered 31 May 2019
Melbourne
No trade in
Pepper finance.

Will update the tracker shortly.

First Post,

Just got a call delivery date confirmed. Sydney 12th Sep 1:30pm

Day one Reservation holder, order 31st May.

I have purchased as a business car.

20 days away but I'm happy to have a set date.

Great forum should of got on here sooner. instead of trawling twitter and youtube for the last 5 or so yrs.
First Post,

Great forum should of got on here sooner. instead of trawling twitter and youtube for the last 5 or so yrs.
SR+ or Performance?

First Post,

Awesome Tom, so happy for you.

Can you tell me, did you ever have a hidden VIN? If so, how long ago did you first notice it?