Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While playing around with the VIN sheet, it looks like people that have just ordered (no rev) and have custom plates aren't getting much love from Tesla. I can see a few people with orders after me with no custom plates have VIN's and pick up dates.
Can sort of understand that as you have to drop off the plates before pickup.
Any idea orders with trade-in? I think they leave them last

Am feeling very left out. Am I one of the only ones?

Never had a hidden VIN (check every day), no phone call, nothing.

mid 2017 res, 31st May order, SR+, Red, Sydney, Cash.

Also sold our 2nd car (the rego was running out) and so have been running the household off 1 car for the last 2 weeks due to my stupid ignorance that Tesla would honour their "August Delivery". If I have to wait till the end of September or later for the house to have 2 cars again, my wife may divorce me.

No you are not alone.

Reactions: TASKA9
How many others have the steps stuck like this?
I have pepper finance approved. Reservation 9/4/16, ordered 31/5/19.
Getting paranoid that it's somehow stuck and not progressing as it should.
Brisbane SR+ White +FSD.

I feel your pain.
I’m in a similar situation. Reservation March, ordered 31/5/19, updated a few weeks later to M3P+. I have a self arranged loan and my financier has been in contact with them / requested an invoice. No VIN either.
Melbourne M3P+ red.

I’ve written to them about this. I hate the feeling that I may be missing “my” place in the queue because of some system glitch that they aren’t aware of and/or don’t have time to fix. Don’t mind waiting, just hate the lack of information.

/rant

I feel your pain.
I’m in a similar situation. Reservation March, ordered 31/5/19, updated a few weeks later to M3P+. I have a self arranged loan and my financier has been in contact with them / requested an invoice. No VIN either.
Melbourne M3P+ red.

I’ve written to them about this. I hate the feeling that I may be missing “my” place in the queue because of some system glitch that they aren’t aware of and/or don’t have time to fix. Don’t mind waiting, just hate the lack of information.

/rant
There are people (like me) who reserved 3.5 years ago who don't have anything official yet either. Don't get too upset :p

Reactions: youmi
How many others have the steps stuck like this?
I have pepper finance approved. Reservation 9/4/16, ordered 31/5/19.
Getting paranoid that it's somehow stuck and not progressing as it should.
Brisbane SR+ White +FSD.

I had the exact same only Macquarie. I was working with the Macquarie rep this week and had finance approved on Thursday night.

As my Tesla manage page had not updated at all, I sent him a quick email asking if I needed to do anything to help update the Tesla system. He sent me a screen shot a few minutes later of his Tesla screen indicating my finance contact, application and approval date were all done at 6:04pm Wednesday (literally two minutes after I sent the email). He obviously went in and updated it all at the same time. I then immediately went into my Tesla screen and sure enough it had changed but it looked just like yours. It was indicating credit application received and did not move to next steps. So clearly the first update to credit applied for was automated between the systems but approval needed some manual action from Tesla as the systems were out of sync. Since it was after 6pm I thought I would wait until the morning to see if Tesla had updated.

By 11am Friday (today) it still said credit applied for only. So I sent a very nice email to [email protected] explaining my credit was approved along with the Macquarie screenshot and asked if this was normal or if I needed to do something for the Tesla system to correctly reflect my approved finance. I did not receive a response but less than 30 minutes later I went back to my manage page and it had moved to next steps!

Still no vin or delivery date, but my guess is I am now in some other queue for allocation. So long story short, send a nice email to [email protected] and they will update your account to the correct status.

• Helpful
Reactions: jason3w and paulp
Got a call yesterday.
Performance-, in blue
Reservation on 31/03/2016
Order 01/062019, changed from grey to blue on 05/06/2019
Delivery scheduled for September, 2nd 11am at Richmond Tesla store.
Forgot to add, don't know if that's relevant but those were the only questions they asked me to confirm: no finance on the vehicle and no trade-in.

VIN originally showed as 488XXX then disappeared early this week to change to 443XXX on Wednesday

Ok. Analysis complete of the vins.

The simple answer is 4490-4492, and 4611, 4617 cannot be on Cap Capricorn, It should be a a good view to help align expectations, even with hidden vins changing. It is better to have any vin rather than being #model3vinless where to set your own internal expectation.

What is interesting is build dates, not in the data below.
. Cars are being built a little out of sequence depending on the variant - lines up with production runs, but only a day or two difference.
. Now invoices are being issued, and we know cars are being assigned final invoiced vins after arrival, it means every car invoiced so far has been on Cap Capricorn. This is a fact, and not speculative. What is interesting is the build date of July 11 in earlier post. Cap Capricorn loaded between July 12 and 13. That’s fast. I do want keep an eye on build dates. There might be some information to get from this.

I am still vinless, my internal expectation clock is sitting at September 30 11.59pm precisely - Elon wants deliveries before end of quarter. If early orders are speculated about 2500, and 500 are on each ship, there is enough time to complete all of the early orders depending on mix production runs. This gets complex though as orders change, and options/variants changed along the way.

E6A2D4D4-FB8C-4279-AF1B-87841AC85370.jpeg

I am still vinless, my internal expectation clock is sitting at September 30 11.59pm precisely - Elon wants deliveries before end of quarter

Nice analysis @Vedaprime. End of September is what I have in mind. Works well with the holidays.

Tesla might be happy to just target “invoice and payment” dates for the books. Delivery can happen outside this quarter and does not affect the bean counters - I think.

Reactions: Vedaprime
Nice analysis @Vedaprime. End of September is what I have in mind. Works well with the holidays.

Tesla might be happy to just target “invoice and payment” dates for the books. Delivery can happen outside this quarter and does not affect the bean counters - I think.

Thanks.

Tesla is very strict on revenue recognition. They only count a sale on the books at Delivery, not in transit. So every quarter end is a mad rush. Some good financial commentary summaries here Investors Overview | Tesla, Inc., and the quartely investor calls with Elon are good to listen in on.

• Informative
Reactions: 1st in Line
I can't see how my VIN that only appeared could be correct or mean anything. I've got a 4427 VIN. That puts it on the first delivery. Still not phone call or invoice. Didn't have a reservation. Was given a September timeframe when ordering. Think I'll still be lucky to be sitting in the car by end of September