Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Until your Vehicle is registered in your name, you may cancel your order at any me, in which case you will receive a full refund of your Order Payment. Until your order is matched to a vehicle, you may make changes to your Vehicle Configuration. If you make changes to your Vehicle Configuration, you may be subject to potential price increases for any pricing adjustments made since your original Order Date. Any changes made by you to your Vehicle Configuration, including changes to the delivery location or estimated delivery date, will be reflected in a subsequent Vehicle Configuration that will form part of this Agreement. Your Final Tax Invoice will include a credit to the final Drive Away price of your Vehicle equivalent to the amount of the Order Payment you paid. The Order Payment and this Agreement are not made or entered into in anticipation of or pending any conditional sale contract"
According to this the Order Agreement is not a sale contract and not entered into with anticipation of getting a sale contract out of this. So when you agree with the sale contract and they change things after that, you can sue them, not sure how far this can be taken with the order agreement though.
Contract law overrides whatever Tesla prints on paper

read the Privacy and Legal page of the Tesla website

Ah yes, I completely forgot that you can unilaterally override contract and consumer law by posting arbitrary legalese blurbs on a website. :D

How do we purchase Tesla floor mats?

But anyways, that's a good question.

For floor mats and other things like wheel-cap kits, possibly sunshades, and also a key fob (because the wife is certain both keycards and phones are "stupid" ways of unlocking a car, so refuses to use either). Thought there'd be an AU Tesla shop going by now, but so far it's still just the placeholder page linking to S/X brochures.

Reactions: andygen21
Ditto. Our mazda 6 sport hatch is almost exactly the same physical dimensions as the 3. The hatch seems like such good idea. But I guess you can't have the one-piece glass roof if you do that.
The roof is actually two pieces. But my understanding is they went for the glass roof all the way from the centre of the roof to the back of the car as it's thinner than a typical roof this giving more headroom, something the original was lacking.
This resulted in the inability to have the hinging style of rear door a hatch would require

Ah yes, I completely forgot that you can unilaterally override contract and consumer law by posting arbitrary legalese blurbs on a website. :D

But anyways, that's a good question.

For floor mats and other things like wheel-cap kits, possibly sunshades, and also a key fob (because the wife is certain both keycards and phones are "stupid" ways of unlocking a car, so refuses to use either). Thought there'd be an AU Tesla shop going by now, but so far it's still just the placeholder page linking to S/X brochures.
Got a link for the shop anyway? For future reference?

Just setup her phone for her, and give her a random keyfob from somewhere. She will walk up to the car, press the button on the keyfob and the car will be unlocked. When she gets out, she will press the button and walk away and the car will lock. Simples.

The "free pass" was in reference to people saying (rougly) that Tesla is totally justified in not including advertised features if they want and that Australian purchasers should have somehow been more aware of the internal machinations of Tesla's assembly line in April 2019 than the features they were publicly advertising on their order form when orders went live in June, etc.. And more about Homelink than the connectivity thing.

This particular issue does seem like fertile ground for a class action.
Class action, no. Small claims, yes.

Got a link for the shop anyway?

The shop URL's seem to go like:

shop.tesla.com/[country]/[language]/category/vehicle-accessories/model-3.html

as in:

US - shop.tesla.com/us/en/category/vehicle-accessories/model-3.html
Canada - shop.tesla.com/ca/en/category/vehicle-accessories/model-3.html
Netherlands - shop.tesla.com/nl/en/category/vehicle-accessories/model-3.html

...so I'd expect an Australian shop to exist at shop.tesla.com/au/en/category/vehicle-accessories/model-3.html, if/when we ever get one. However nothing currently exists there; all we get at the moment is this page: Vehicle Upgrades & Accessories

Reactions: andygen21
So...... if they say it is not going to be included when you go to take delivery, will you walk away without the car?
Because if you sign on the dotted line, you are accepting the car as is and would have no further recourse.

Personally, I think you and others are just going to spoil your delivery day over something that was a mistake in the original document, and Tesla will not acquiesce to.

I have purchased an Ismartgate which for the same $300 will work for all my cars (it uses phone geofencing through IFTTT), and I will be able to enjoy my delivery day with my family, which I am very much looking forward to.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Similar. I have been using a gogogate2 and IFTTT for a number of years to achieve this.

Hi all

Just got THE call:
M3 SR+ Black, res 20 Feb 19, order 6 June. No changes. VIN 4427##.
Delivery 23rd September (tentative).
Should have invoice in next day or two.
Tesla Account updated to reflect deliver to home address in Perth.
Perth seems to be doing well at the calls and setting dates. I'm hoping when the Brisbane team finally start making calls the dates are actually earlier than this. Not a lot of action for Brisbane at all.
Today I went for a test drive of the Performance. Man, that thing is FAST!
I was thinking to upgrade which is why I went in, but I don't need that speed. Full-on!
I'm partially tempted by the range on the LR but not for $30k.
Happy with the original decision for the SR+ now.

So my source in the shipping industry has given me updated information on model 3 tracking. Not sure how trustworthy the source is now, so take it as a rumour.

Apparently, now there are only 100 cars on each ship as Tesla is not booking space on them. Rather, they are continuing to just fill spare space that would be otherwise unused. Each ship after Cap Capricorn still has cars on it apparently.

This sort of makes sense because there seems to have been a limited number of calls to organise delivery which would be caused by an actual lack of cars.