Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
517xxx is right at the end of the queue. Melina Sep 20 arrival. Vin reg Aug 11.
It would be hard to deliver by end of quarter given logistics time.

I have some doubts about this range. At the moment it looks like a placeholder. @RobDickinson had it for quite a while until it changed. It is a long way out.

Your best best is that it changes. The good news - it is some movement on your account.

Ah okay, fair enough. We'll see I guess, some news may be better than no news? Wonder if the fact that it's a white interior makes a difference. I'll keep an eye on it. Wonder why they would even use a placeholder.

Years ago when I was still having children, my wife made a "ready for hospital" bag we could just grab.

I've just started one for the model 3 pickup that so far contains a pre-formatted and ready SSD for cameras, and the wireless charging pad. What else do i need to get ready for the pickup and drive home ?
Same. I have a semi-small cardboard box with:
- Samsung T5 SSD
- Jeda wireless charger
- Centre console wrap
- Door opening sticker
- 12V Warp charger for my Oneplus 7 Pro
- Screen protector
- Aero wheel lug nut covers
- [Hopefully arriving soon] Jeda USB Hub

• Love
Reactions: jaykaye
Yeah I had a look at Veda's list and it looks like my VIN's ship (if it's even final) is the Melina or perhaps the Tongala. This makes sense given that it is a white interior.

I have a feeling I won't be receiving mine until October if it arrives the 20th, given 2 weeks for prep etc. But Tesla will hopefully be end-of-quarter desperate. Who knows.

Hi Meowsers - You have white interior and a VIN?? You lucky beggar!!!!

I have reluctantly resigned myself to the thought that there is no chance for a September delivery date for my Blue 3P+ with white interior to Perth. Now working on the expectation (blind faith??) that it might be October if I am lucky. . As of today I, and no doubt many others, remain VINless until otherwise (v)indicated by Tesla!. The suspense is killing me.

Yep, that’s what I’ve read too in Electrek. The factory in Shanghai will be supplying the Chinese market only. That might change in the fullness of time, but it’s not the intent or plan at the moment for it to supply other markets.
That the current plan is for Shanghai G3 to only supply China maintains my optimism that my LR RWD (with white interior) will eventually come from there.

Reactions: tom_kauf
I just got assigned a VIN 5171XX and white interior P3D+
Definitely appears like 5171xx is the start of the white interior batches.

@Vedaprime my VIN is slightly before these ones - 5036xx, however on the same ship. I have a midnight silver P- on order. Maybe they ran out of this config, that's why my VIN is so high?

Still hoping it changes again to a lower VIN.