Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK ladies and gents, it’s quiz time.

Stick your head in the boot. No, not the frunk, the boot. That’s better.

Now look up at the ceiling of the boot. Do you see...

a) a carpeted ceiling like the rest of the boot
b) painted metal like the outside of your car, or
c) Bare metal covered in primer only?

Hint: mine is c)

OK ladies and gents, it’s quiz time.

Stick your head in the boot. No, not the frunk, the boot. That’s better.

Now look up at the ceiling of the boot. Do you see...

a) a carpeted ceiling like the rest of the boot
b) painted metal like the outside of your car, or
c) Bare metal covered in primer only?

Hint: mine is c)

It's bare metal primer coloured for all. There is a little mesh thing leading into the cabin, which lets the subwoofer acoustically transmit sound to the cabin. (If you have a premium interior)

If you are extra OCD you can buy this thing from Aliexpress to cover it.

US $86.4 20% OFF|LUCKEASY shock absorption and Noise reduction for Tesla Model 3 2017 2019 Custom Fit Car Trunk noise reduction mat on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Reactions: TaylorP and Haza
Thanks for the info re install.

So long as you've done your sums. Off-peak on Smarthome is longer and cheaper than on EV plan. To be worse off with Smarthome over EV or standard plan you'd need to be consuming at least 28% of the power off the grid in the six hours between 3pm-9pm as you do off the grid in the 10 hours between 9pm and 7am. For me that will happen at most three or four months of a year between April and July and then the other 8, particularly in summer more than makes up for it.

Yeah, one way or another batteries need to be a third of the cost per kWh to be worth while otherwise you're better off just paying the RECs (to offset my grid use with RECs would be about $300 per year) unless you really need to be protected from blackouts.
I rechecked and turns out you're right. Especially in summer or if charging the car more as long as don't go overboard with the cook'n. Called Synergy before they did the meter re program and went to Smarthome. thanks for that.

Finally got a call from Tesla. My hidden VIN 5170XX car is seemingly ready to pick up.

Today (Wednesday) they were pushing for a Friday delivery which is a public holiday in Melbourne. As long as I provide proof of payment it doesn't have to have cleared either.

Negotiated Sunday instead as I'm away. They are certainly pulling out all the stops to maximise Q3 deliveries.

thanks for that
You're welcome. Yeah, I also made the mistake of not doing it at the same time as solar so had to program twice. But reckon just the Smarhome factor saves me over $400 a year due to the differing time of use charges. If you've got a decent solar system you'd have to go pretty hard between sunset and 9pm for it not to work out better. We also cook twice at night most nights with electric, once wife for kids and then again when I get home I cook for me and wife.

Reactions: Techno-phile
Here is an unusual one. Had my first "experience" with sentry mode today. I drove in to work and parked the car in the Wilson parking (383 Kent St in Sydney) and upon getting back to the car it informed me of some sentry entries. Got home, plugged the USB in and voila, I have footage of a guy breaking into the car next to me and stealing stuff from inside it and then closing the door and walking off. I also have footage of him walking around the car park a minute earlier trying to find a car to break into.
Sentry mode is a saviour. Lets just hope they don't work out A) how to break into the Tesla, and B) How to remove the USB for Sentry Mode...

My P3D- is due for delivery on Friday and my phone just rang, it was 02 8424 95XX.... Tesla in Sydney and it made me nervous considering how some other people have been delayed.

Are they confirming ? Is there a problem ? Are they going to delay delivery...

Thankfully, everything is fine, they have the money but not the rego documents, told them I sent it back the same day they sent the invoice. They found it, all is good.

Cat on a hot tin roof time, less than two days to go!
What rego info did they need? I’ve got mine due for pickup this Saturday, but other than my drivers license and address details haven’t given anything. Or is that it for the rego details?

What rego info did they need? I’ve got mine due for pickup this Saturday, but other than my drivers license and address details haven’t given anything. Or is that it for the rego details?

They sent over the NSW RMS registration form which needs to be filled out, signed, scanned and returned to them so they can register the vehicle before delivery. I dare say some lucky person has to set down and register 40 cars every morning or afternoon for the days / next days delivery. With our Model S they did it on pickup, but concierge service is a distant memory with Tesla now, so is being advised of any finish issues - Our S had issues with the paintwork under the clear coat.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
T
They sent over the NSW RMS registration form which needs to be filled out, signed, scanned and returned to them so they can register the vehicle before delivery. I dare say some lucky person has to set down and register 40 cars every morning or afternoon for the days / next days delivery. With our Model S they did it on pickup, but concierge service is a distant memory with Tesla now, so is being advised of any finish issues - Our S had issues with the paintwork under the clear coat.
Thanka. Looks like it’s time for me to start hassling them.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
For those that are interested, ive been through 4 tolls in the car now and no matter where I place the thing, I have not had it beep once. Tried in the middle of the windscreen, to the left of the rear mirror, the right of the mirror... no luck. Will ring the RMS later and ask to be put on the "tag doesnt work" list

My tag worked from the cup holder because I forgot to hold it up to the windscreen! It is now mounted on the windscreen in the usual position next to the mirror and works just fine. If others are having trouble it might be older generation tags?

Please also note that any issues with body work not flagged within 100Km will not be covered for repair.

Does that go by the total shown on the odometer, or total kms driven since taking delivery? Doesn't actually make a difference in my case, since Google Maps says it's exactly 101kms between the Tesla shop and home. :eek:

I guess that means I have to stop somewhere halfway and do an inspection? Doesn't seem right, especially since they only give you 15 minutes at the service center and home delivery doesn't kick in until you live 250kms away. They should probably allow a larger grace period. Like...around 250kms worth would seem about right.

Thanka. Looks like it’s time for me to start hassling them.

I've attached the file (NSW only, that's what they sent me)

Here's the text from the email they sent me -
As discussed, please find your registration documents attached to fill out, sign and scan back to us.

NSW Personal:

Please answer questions 1, 2, 9, 10 and 12. Two signatures are required, one on question 14 on page 2, and the other on page 4, just sign the Representative's Authority (don’t fill out your details). Please check over all the pages and send them all back to us.

I have attached your invoice as well. Bank transfer payments must be cleared 2 business days before pickup, and all the bank details are on the invoice. Please send a receipt of the payment to [email protected] once payment is made. Note we do not accept cheques of any kind, including bank cheques.

If you have not organised a quote for your wall connector installation, we would recommend doing that between now and taking delivery. If you would like to have one of our recommended installers reach out to provide a non-binding quote, please fill out this online form: Home Charging Installation Request Australia

HTH

Attachments

• 1. NSW Application for Registration_Personal_SAVEABLE.pdf
    274.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Love
Reactions: OFDM