Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is someone else in the queue receives an unexpected call offering an earlier delivery date.

Yeah that’s what I suspect as well. Some poor other bastard ends up with a banged up vehicle and zero effort made in between to rectify any of the issues.

Let’s see how long they get away with it. Once all the hardcore long term fans that have waited ages are done, I suspect the average Joe isn’t going to drink the kool aid of “it’s a tech package, the rest of the car doesn’t matter” and accept cars that look worse than a 5 year old used car.

Ironically I sold my old car a couple of weeks before the Tesla arrived. My 5 years old car was in MUCH better condition with less scratches, dents and defects than my brand new one!!

blinded by the drive to the point of accepting sub-standard CARS

Most are minor blemishes/cosmetic issues that are being/will be rectified, not structural or performance issues. Yes Tesla should be detailing the cars properly prior to delivery, but they have the stupid end of quarter delivery targets plus everyone screaming at them for their cars. As someone else mentioned, all manufacturers have damage to cars in transit or factory blemishes...they just fix them prior to delivery (a mate of mine has a GTI on order, which just arrived, but he was notified it would be another 10 days before he can get it as they have to detail it...read fix issues).
I'd be a lot more concerned if I plonked down a wad of cash on an i-pace or e-tron to then find out the range/performance was nothing like advertised. Good luck taking your car back and getting a refund or having it rectified

Most are minor blemishes/cosmetic issues that are being/will be rectified, not structural or performance issues. Yes Tesla should be detailing the cars properly prior to delivery, but they have the stupid end of quarter delivery targets plus everyone screaming at them for their cars. As someone else mentioned, all manufacturers have damage to cars in transit or factory blemishes...they just fix them prior to delivery (a mate of mine has a GTI on order, which just arrived, but he was notified it would be another 10 days before he can get it as they have to detail it...read fix issues).
I'd be a lot more concerned if I plonked down a wad of cash on an i-pace or e-tron to then find out the range/performance was nothing like advertised. Good luck taking your car back and getting a refund or having it rectified
I wonder that if there is no longer going to be a mad rush (now that it's October), whether cars that are delivered now will be more carefully detailed? Might be the silver lining for those of us in Tassie still waiting for cars delivered on the Cap Capricorn!

Well, three and a half years after placing my deposit, I am now the proud owner of a Deep Blue Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance.

After a few days driving around, I can conclusively say that this is the best car I have ever driven. I love this car more than I could have possibly imagined.

It is easily the smoothest and quietest car I have ever driven, it is also the fastest and most fun to drive. Every single passenger that has been in it so far has been stunned by how great a car it is. Every time I punch the accelerator I can expect profanity, followed by uncontrollable giggling from passengers, so far, EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It has a +500km range and can be charged for free from the solar panels at work or at home. If I am out and about there seems to be free charging stations popping up everywhere.

The technology it comes with is staggering (no exaggeration, everyone who takes a ride is amazed by the tech), I don't have a key, I don't unlock or lock it, I don't start or stop it, I just walk up, get in and drive silently away. It can already drive itself on most roads and with the next few updates will be able to do much more (eg navigate all by itself from where you parked it to come and pick you up from where you are waiting for it).

All that aside, it is amazing that this thing can literally run on starlight rather than burning fossil fuels.

I love this car. Without a doubt THIS IS THE FUTURE.
View media item 120400View media item 120401View media item 120398View media item 120396View media item 120397

GREAT WRITE UP and pics.

Let’s see how long they get away with it. Once all the hardcore long term fans that have waited ages are done, I suspect the average Joe isn’t going to drink the kool aid of “it’s a tech package, the rest of the car doesn’t matter” and accept cars that look worse than a 5 year old used car.
This is what I used to think - that this would be the death of Tesla, and Tesla was no longer the company it was. I kept waiting for the next "Tesla killer" to put the final nail in the coffin.

Problem is, there is just nothing that beats the absolute pleasure that driving a Tesla brings.

Jaguar iPace - nope. Drives like an overpriced soggy rag.
Leaf ZE1 - nope. Drives like a boring Sunday driver in a church parking lot.
Hyundai Kona - nope. Getting close. Drives like a P plater on methamphetamine - responsive but jittery.

My 5 year old Model S P85DL - Still drives like :D:D:D:D. Every time.

2 years ago we outright rejected the idea of a Model 3 as a replacement for my wife's BMW i3 because we were unimpressed with the direction the company was heading in.

Now after test driving all of the above alternatives, looks like she'll get a Performance Model 3 after all.

O
I wonder that if there is no longer going to be a mad rush (now that it's October), whether cars that are delivered now will be more carefully detailed? Might be the silver lining for those of us in Tassie still waiting for cars delivered on the Cap Capricorn!

Or those of us in WA still waiting on cars from the Cap Capricorn.

Well, three and a half years after placing my deposit, I am now the proud owner of a Deep Blue Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance.

Nice, and I can see why you are in love with your car. sounds like you are on a high from a great experience.

Mine was made on a Friday and needs work. Door alignment and incomplete paint. Kind of takes some of the enthusiasm out of it.
I personally will be cautious about singing the praises to family, friends and strangers.
I've emailed a request for service to take a look no response yet.
Called a number of times but couldn't get through.
Left a phone message but no response.

Hopefully end of quarter madness will calm down and they can get staff answering the influx of support issues.

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Well, three and a half years after placing my deposit, I am now the proud owner of a Deep Blue Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance.]
Can you share when you put your reservation and order in? I assume that since you say 3.5 years that it was pretty early? I am trying to figure out where the cutoff was for this configuration (since it is identical to the one that I ordered), since I am still VINless.

Thanks!

P.S. Hopefully you have not abandoned the forum now that you have your car :)

I

Have you booked it in to be fixed yet?

I booked it into the panel beaters tomorrow to “take a look at it”. I want to find out from them exactly how they plan to rectify the issues but the paint damage is so significant several panels will certainly need respray.

As to the question “why did I accept delivery” well I was stupid enough to read some comments on the forums about how if you declined a delivery you would have to cancel your order, they wouldn’t allocate your a new car and you wouldn’t be allowed to order the same spec again for 12 months. In hindsight now that was all probably horse sh*t but it was enough to throw me off and make the dumb decision to accept the car.