Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model 3 in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been playing with the HOLD mode; it requires to fully lift your foot from the pedal for the car to stop, or not creep when stopped.

It's not a very natural position, and after 1h in heavy traffic I started to get a cramp.

well without hold mode you still need to lift of the accelerator pedal to slow down and stop or lift off and tap the brake lightly for the last few km/h?

Reactions: kieranu
Smart summon works fine. Don't really care about the road regulations debate and will be using this when safe to do so. I'm sure Tesla have gone through the appropriate steps.

Interestingly there is also "require continuous press" for summon which means I can disable having to hold the summon button down and the car just keeps driving until told otherwise. Kind of like cruise control for summon. (This feature is disabled in the EU). I have turned it off now, and can summon with just a single click.

This enables auto park when you leave the vehicle. .

I’d be VERY VERY careful turning off the continuous button pressing while summon is happening. I watched enough videos of smart summon on YouTube where the car literally almost drove into things including kerbs, walls and poles because there was a shadow or something that confused it.

I’d rather have the continuous button pressing as a dead man switch (which is what saved those guys at the last second) than relying that I could initiate a command again via the app with microseconds left before disaster.

I’d be VERY VERY careful turning off the continuous button pressing while summon is happening. I watched enough videos of smart summon on YouTube where the car literally almost drove into things including kerbs, walls and poles because there was a shadow or something that confused it.

I’d rather have the continuous button pressing as a dead man switch (which is what saved those guys at the last second) than relying that I could initiate a command again via the app with microseconds left before disaster.
I agree. Your thumb moving off the screen is a good dead man switch

Reactions: MonicaPlease
Enough is enough...I have been given false hope from the delivery team and I have pulled the pin and cancelled. As a result I have for sale 2 x Gen2 keyfobs 1 x Electric trunk opener and closer 1 x Electric frunk opener and closer. PM me if interested in purchasing.

Not sure of the full history of your interactions but I gotta admit I too have been close to spitting the dummy and cancelling orders for 2 cars after waiting several months. Now that I have them though, I am very glad to have stuck it through and would not change them for any other car. Although to be honest, I did not have any other car anywhere close to the X and 3 on the want list.

Also, I just had a service appointment for the X yesterday and the quality of service was phenomenal - took care of all the minor niggles I had no pushback whatsoever. So in my mind, I am chalking up the poor delivery experience to high demand and teething issues because the rest of the service has been great.

Enough is enough...I have been given false hope from the delivery team and I have pulled the pin and cancelled.
Well obviously that is up to you but I went for the zen approach: submit an order, put it out of my mind, and then one day I’ll receive a phone call. I received the phone call yesterday. Can’t be disappointed with false hope if one never seeks hope in the first place.

Well obviously that is up to you but I went for the zen approach: submit an order, put it out of my mind, and then one day I’ll receive a phone call. I received the phone call yesterday. Can’t be disappointed with false hope if one never seeks hope in the first place.
Super genius :)

2c8.png

Enough is enough...I have been given false hope from the delivery team and I have pulled the pin and cancelled. As a result I have for sale 2 x Gen2 keyfobs 1 x Electric trunk opener and closer 1 x Electric frunk opener and closer. PM me if interested in purchasing.
Sorry to hear of your frustration. Hope you are able to pass on the parts quickly and move on with no further regrets/angst.

It won't do any public roads and it only summons 12.5m away so I'm guessing that is the reason for a unique firmware for Oz as the US definitely seems to have a far higher range that what we are getting.

12.5 is definitely not correct. I am getting at least 100m. I summoned the car from the other end of the Costco parking lot yesterday without issue.

must be the new version that limits it...

correction: I have 2.2 and I am getting way further than 12.5

12.5 is just the limit for basic summon, not smart summon.

Last edited: