Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another big price change:

Price change P11249: from 90500 to 79900

P85+ Grey, 21" wheels, pano, 10k miles.

85 kWh Performance Model S P11249 | Tesla Motors
1. Do you have logic to check for spec changes as well (or just price)?
2. Consider adding something to your UI that shows (different color background?) any of the details that have changed (price, spec, location, etc.) for each listing.

We might see a pattern of "overpriced because the mileage was incorrect" or somesuch.

Also...
Looking at the link for P11249, I noticed "Onboard maps and navigation for North America with free updates for 7 years." I wonder if that clock resets for CPO purchase.

Yes, sort of, I'll explain later.

Thanks so much again for putting this interface together. It is so useful and well designed I bet Tesla employees are using your interface to find CPO cars for their customers.

The Tesla interface is completely ridiculous and it was designed by someone who has no clue about how people go about looking for cars with the options and color combinations they want.

Just wish you could somehow display this same information for available inventory cars :)

Absolutely!

Or should I say: Abs-so-fricking-lutely!

- - - Updated - - -

If Tesla makes the site public, Hank should be able to. The "front-end" inventory search system in the store in nearly identical -- even the region selection and filtering.

Next time anyone is in a gallery looking at inventory cars, take careful note of the URL.
devil.png

If Tesla makes the site public, Hank should be able to. The "front-end" inventory search system in the store in nearly identical -- even the region selection and filtering.

I hope they open up the interface for inventory cars or at the least hire Hank to design a similar UI to pull up available inventory cars :) Whenever I go to the gallery to look up available inventory cars based on my selection criteria it takes them about 5-10 minutes to look up what is available in each geographic area. The Tesla interface is beyond dumb. If I am looking for a certain color and option configuration I could not care less where the car is located and even when reviewing cars available in a city you have to manually scan dozens of cars to find any cars that might meet your requirements.

I honestly feel bad each time I have them look up cars for me because it is a huge waste of time based on the idiotic interface on the Tesla Web site. I look up available cars about every 7-10 days so if something comes up in between I am going to miss out.

Why would a "Technology Company" make their interface so useless, manual, and laborious... I'm glad we have a better developer on this forum than whatever committee at Tesla that designed the interface :)

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely!

Or should I say: Abs-so-fricking-lutely!

- - - Updated - - -

Next time anyone is in a gallery looking at inventory cars, take careful note of the URL.
devil.png

I did. The URL was pretty straightforward as it is on their Intranet but is behind a username and password screen. I almost made a note of the username and password but decided not to do that :) Don't want to access their inventory cars in an unauthorized way and then get banned from ever owning a Tesla again! I think they should make the inventory listing interface public as the information is essentially public already but why make your customers go through the hassle of going to a Tesla Gallery to look up this information...

- - - Updated - - -

By the way some of the prices on the CPO site make no sense. Look at this pre autopilot P85 for example. They are asking $93,500 for it and at that price with the $7,500 rebate you can buy a brand new 85D nicely optioned for less and the 85D will have the benefit of all the newest improvements and enhancements.

http://www.teslamotors.com//models/preowned/p46387

Last year when I bought my inventory car, my sales person did the search for me, and sent me an excel spreadsheet with all the info extracted from their system. It did have all the relevant info for each car (options, etc), and the perfect car I wanted was on that first list, so I never had to go back a second time. But they really should allow open access to the list, maybe with some disclaimers and caveats you'd have to agree to first.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way some of the prices on the CPO site make no sense. Look at this pre autopilot P85 for example. They are asking $93,500 for it and at that price with the $7,500 rebate you can buy a brand new 85D nicely optioned for less and the 85D will have the benefit of all the newest improvements and enhancements.

http://www.teslamotors.com//models/preowned/p46387

"No waiting"

The same lame excuse most people try to use when posting cars for sale here on TMC that are way over-priced.

Last year when I bought my inventory car, my sales person did the search for me, and sent me an excel spreadsheet with all the info extracted from their system. It did have all the relevant info for each car (options, etc), and the perfect car I wanted was on that first list, so I never had to go back a second time. But they really should allow open access to the list, maybe with some disclaimers and caveats you'd have to agree to first.

That is good to know. A spreadsheet would be ideal for my needs to figure out a good option. Did they list their entire list of available inventory cars on the spreadsheet or did it list a few cars close to what you are considering? Did they have to do something special to get you "the spreadsheet" or is it something readily available? Just wanted to figure out what they have access to before I ask for the information. A spreadsheet listing the available inventory cars with the available options is definitely the way to go as opposed to using their clunky interface.

"No waiting"

The same lame excuse most people try to use when posting cars for sale here on TMC that are way over-priced.

Yeah good luck with that "No Waiting" argument :confused: Most people looking to buy a Model S are not carless and they already likely drive something quite nice albeit an ICE. I think most people looking to buy a CPO are price conscious and are looking for a good value. The P85s priced in the mid 60s are great values and make sense. Some of the others listed close to 100K are IMHO horrible values and likely few will consider buying them as at those prices might as well buy new. This is why a new car around $100K looses about $15K the moment you accept ownership as $7,500 of that has to do with loosing the rebate.