Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These sub $40K CPOs are becoming like UFO and Sasquatch sightings. Please snap a pic or screenshot for the rest of us to see and analyze. Any eye witnesses that can report what $39.6 was buying?

Prices like these are more in line on what these should be going for.

I dont have thr one for the $45K 2012 s85 though. Not that i would buy any tesla before 2014.
Screenshot_2016-07-14-18-17-32.png
Screenshot_2016-07-14-18-17-22.png

• Informative
Reactions: Wshowell
60 kWh Model S P04030 | Tesla Motors

39,5 for a well equipped 60. Wow

I was enticed to switch because this one has quite a bit of options but unfortunately no tech package. Also didn't list where it was (but I guess can't be worse than cross country...unless it's in Hawaii).

Seems like today a flurry of cars were dumped onto the site. Thanks to the alerts from ev cpo site I ended up switching from my sweet deal 39.4k S60 (+1.5k delivery) to a nicer deal 45.2k S85 (local). By paying 4.3k more I got bigger battery, metallic paint, pano roof and air suspension. So excited!

I did test drive a couple of new cars back-to-back a few weeks ago and got to try out Autopilot on both of them (one a 75D and the other a P90DL). I did this because, like many, even though I was shopping for CPO cars (pre-AP price points), the "new 60" came out at its own attractive price point. While AP was well-executed, I didn't find it to be that compelling. A lot of this has to do with my use case. I am not making hundred mile slogs regularly or sitting in stop and go traffic all the time. If I were, I might have viewed it as a God send. I had a similar reaction with the new Volvo XC90 we had as a loaner (with TACC). Oddly enough, I was more impressed with self-parking (pretty slick).

What was much more compelling was getting a "new" car at that price point with zero miles. Alas, as a "car guy" the performance delta between the 75D and P car was also pretty noticeable and I also preferred the air suspension over coils (I can tell the difference before I pull out of a parking lot between the two). As an aside, the whole "simulated performance of a 70" thing they do in in the performance cars on test drives isn't really that accurate. We tested the P90DL in 70 mode and I thought "Man, this thing pulls pretty good" and even queried the rep about "Do 70s really feel like this?". However, the test of the ACTUAL 75D was not at that same level. It wasn't bad by most normal standards (by any means) but it just doesn't have the same pull. I think the simulated mode does reduce the performance, but not enough (which isn't surprising).

I found myself thinking that I knew I would miss the performance which meant I would really be comparing a CPO P85 to an 85D or better. The price delta to the latter is still pretty healthy and the they aren't that far into their depreciation curves (unlike the former).

Just my .02...OK, maybe .03.

Reactions: Whistle2Whine
Cab...yeah your experience is a good example of why I'm now more and more open, as a fallback, to some lower-mileage private sale used P-cars. I was pretty curt with a lady at Buena Park who KNOWS I've been on the lookout for the right P85+ but came at me about the 60 and 75D's. I know there are plenty of CPO shoppers who can be enticed by comparable new lower-powered Teslas. I'm not one of them. I'm buying a PERFORMANCE luxury sedan for my next car. This car is being shopped against CPO AMG and BMW M cars, not just other Teslas, and it seems like Tesla isn't paying attention to WHY there are a lot of people looking for 65-75k P-cars. They can't be, seeing as they've intentionally crippled the CPO program. I'm getting tired of checking in with my CPO advisor for the 'Hidden' list

• Love
Reactions: Tucker48
Wow, a 2012 P85 just popped for under $50k. And some nicely optioned 85s in the low 50s.

Wish I was ready to pull the trigger, but I have another month or so before everything is in order.
Feels like the camel's nose just entered the tent.... Hopefully this is just the start of sub $40K 60s and sub $45K 85s and sub $50K P85s. Under that scenario and the new lower S60 and X60 pricing strategy CPO cars with AP should fall into the $55K - $80K range depending on options.

Reactions: Az_Rael
Am cancelling my reservation for a P85 Signature Series. It is located in Chicago.
52k miles
ok Chaitu... did you snag a different one or are you just waiting?

I was enjoying not being the only one in limbo!

At least my loan was approved and my electrician is coming out to install the HPWC Monday. That will feel like progress.

Cab...yeah your experience is a good example of why I'm now more and more open, as a fallback, to some lower-mileage private sale used P-cars. I was pretty curt with a lady at Buena Park who KNOWS I've been on the lookout for the right P85+ but came at me about the 60 and 75D's. I know there are plenty of CPO shoppers who can be enticed by comparable new lower-powered Teslas. I'm not one of them. I'm buying a PERFORMANCE luxury sedan for my next car. This car is being shopped against CPO AMG and BMW M cars, not just other Teslas, and it seems like Tesla isn't paying attention to WHY there are a lot of people looking for 65-75k P-cars. They can't be, seeing as they've intentionally crippled the CPO program. I'm getting tired of checking in with my CPO advisor for the 'Hidden' list

Yep. I'm actually pretty surprised at the level of activity now for the CPOs. I see 4 more P85s were added today and the two 2014s have parking sensors (which seems petty unless you are a crappy parker and realize this is a big car). Another P85+ has also popped up.

One nice thing about these cars - they are at least halfway into their depreciation curves so the "risk" buying one (in terms of resale) is already reduced substantially. Some of the original sticker prices...yikes!

... and the two 2014s have parking sensors (which seems petty unless you are a crappy parker and realize this is a big car)...
I would have thought much the same before getting my car (sole option was the tech package of mid 2014). However, besides it being a big car the parking sensors are useful because Teslas need to be backed in to many charging stations, including nearly all Superchargers. The hood is long and the front bumper is way out there, so the sensors help with front in parking as well. The parking sensors, with the dash display of distance to objects and the audible warning tones, are a big help. FWIW.

Reactions: Az_Rael
Peer pressure! Din't feel right to go against everyone's recommendations. Will wait it out and hopefully buy one next year. The recent news articles are definitely not helping.

While this is ultimately your choice, but if you were feeling peer pressure not to buy a Tesla (or any other car of your choice) and the media misrepresenting things unduly influenced their behavior towards you, I would take another look at these "friendships".

Reactions: Skione65
While this is ultimately your choice, but if you were feeling peer pressure not to buy a Tesla (or any other car of your choice) and the media misrepresenting things unduly influenced their behavior towards you, I would take another look at these "friendships".

Mostly family ! even though objectively they might not be right , i didn't want go against their wishes. Priorities.