Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S CPO Website - Now Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have/experience discrepancies in 'stats' or options on the CPO listings and which takes precedence?
If there's a listing on the EV/CPO site which shows 21" under 'wheels' and when you click on the car the Tesla page shows 19" Silver Cyclone which is correct?

Ski

Are you referring to VIN: 5YJSA1CN2DFP20300? It appears that the codes say it has 21" wheels, but Tesla shows 19". I will look more at the code later today to see exactly what it shows. I would imagine that somewhere along the lines they swapped out the 21" for 19". I would go by what Tesla shows on their page.

Thanks Erik

Are you referring to VIN: 5YJSA1CN2DFP20300? It appears that the codes say it has 21" wheels, but Tesla shows 19". I will look more at the code later today to see exactly what it shows. I would imagine that somewhere along the lines they swapped out the 21" for 19". I would go by what Tesla shows on their page.

Thanks Erik
Erik,

There is some issue with the website. Looks like some are taking the "After EV incentives price" while others are not. This makes it looks deceptively cheap!!! LOL.

If y'all thought Teslas CPO prices were high, check out this delusional dealership

4Blvw0f.jpg

I wasn't sure if I was at a dealership or comedy club.
Driving by, a red model S caught my eye, stopped in for a look and had myself a great laugh

Edit: side note, I always laugh when dealerships try to beef up their "features" by mentioning the car has air bags!.... Show me a new car without air bags? It's like saying the car comes with wheels! Round ones!!! Not the square ones you'd get if you buy straight from the manufacturer

On the flip side, there are clueless dealerships that price used S's way below market as well. I know a guy that picked up a used '13 S85 that a Toyota dealer priced like a base, barebones 85, but it turned out the car had a bunch of extra options (tech package, premium sound, sunroof, air suspension, etc..). I think he picked it up for $50k....and that was at least 6 months ago.

Anyone have/experience discrepancies in 'stats' or options on the CPO listings and which takes precedence?
If there's a listing on the EV/CPO site which shows 21" under 'wheels' and when you click on the car the Tesla page shows 19" Silver Cyclone which is correct?

The wheels attribute on EV-CPO is one issue which I will resolve today. As with any specific issue or problem, it's always helpful to post the VIN or VINs that are exhibiting a problem or inaccuracy. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65 and Fiver
The only thing to consider when getting a 90D vs P90D is the insurance cost i guess. I suspect the insurance on the P90D will be higher than the 90D. Not 100% sure, but something to consider.

^- That is why I did not get the Performance with Ludicrous. It made my insurance quotes "ludicrous" also. Like 4-6k extra per year!

Erik,

There is some issue with the website. Looks like some are taking the "After EV incentives price" while others are not. This makes it looks deceptively cheap!!! LOL.

^- ahh, I see. I will get that fixed tonight. It appears that some are pulling the correct price and some aren't. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks Erik

^- That is why I did not get the Performance with Ludicrous. It made my insurance quotes "ludicrous" also. Like 4-6k extra per year!

What's the best way to obtain quotes? I use Geico, and their website does not recognize Tesla VIN numbers, and it also has a poor selection for the model S. Seems that there's very little difference in prices between the cars.

What's the best way to obtain quotes? I use Geico, and their website does not recognize Tesla VIN numbers, and it also has a poor selection for the model S. Seems that there's very little difference in prices between the cars.

I have an insurance lady in town that works with several different companies who I have used in the past. Otherwise I have just called around.

Thanks Erik

I have no professional affiliation with them, but Progressive was the best quote for me. Some (*cough*Farmers*cough*) were like $6,000 a year! Progressive was under $1k. Also they didn't change my rate when I switched from a P85 to a P85+.

Thanks Erik

Let me know what you find out. Will they swap back to the 21's if you ask?

Ski

Can anyone help me on the 2014 Model differences ?

I am targeting a pre owned 2014 with 85 kwh pack. I can only find info on the new models on Tesla website . What are the options on 2014 models ? I noticed Performance 85 . Is there a standard 85 and other packages ?

Can anyone help me on the 2014 Model differences ?

I am targeting a pre owned 2014 with 85 kwh pack. I can only find info on the new models on Tesla website . What are the options on 2014 models ? I noticed Performance 85 . Is there a standard 85 and other packages ?
The biggest outward changes happened in the fall of 2014 with the release of the Autopilot models and the D models. Prior to that there were tons of small changes, but as far as I recall nothing to write home about. The previous 'major' update happened in late fall of 2013.

(I say major, but really it was just a rejiggering and minor addition of options and the ability to add parking sensors.)

Thanks for the link . So , it seems for 2014 there is P85 , P85D , P85+ . Is there a regular 85 as well ?
It seems like every photo on Autotrader has a 85 badge . Did they do away with the P , P+ badges ?
Early in 2014 the only models available were: 60, 85, P85, and P85+. Around late fall 2014 they killed the P85 and P85+ and replaced them with the new 85D and P85D. They continued to make the 60 and 85 also. The 60D was announced, but cancelled (never produced in 2014 or 2015 but was re-introduced in 2016).

There are a handful of P85 and P85+'s out there with autopilot equipment, but it's not too many. The vast majority of Autopilot equipped cars from 2014 are 60's (few) 85 (few) 85D (many) and P85D's (not as many).

/edit I should add, the majority of used Tesla's from 2014 are 85's, P85's and P85+'s. While there are some 85D and P85D's from 2014 for sale, most are being held onto as they have autopilot and whatnot. Lot's of people traded in high performance older cars for newer, higher performing cars.

Someone else can confirm on or about what VIN the autopilot hardware started being added, I know it was roughly mid-September.

Last edited:
Early in 2014 the only models available were: 60, 85, P85, and P85+. Around late fall 2014 they killed the P85 and P85+ and replaced them with the new 85D and P85D. They continued to make the 60 and 85 also. The 60D was announced, but cancelled (never produced in 2014 or 2015 but was re-introduced in 2016).

There are a handful of P85 and P85+'s out there with autopilot equipment, but it's not too many. The vast majority of Autopilot equipped cars from 2014 are 60's (few) 85 (few) 85D (many) and P85D's (not as many).

/edit I should add, the majority of used Tesla's from 2014 are 85's, P85's and P85+'s. While there are some 85D and P85D's from 2014 for sale, most are being held onto as they have autopilot and whatnot. Lot's of people traded in high performance older cars for newer, higher performing cars.

Someone else can confirm on or about what VIN the autopilot hardware started being added, I know it was roughly mid-September.

You may have read Autotrader as "Auto Pilot " . I should have spelled it as two words . It seems the badging on all 2014's is just the number 85 with no P , D , or P+ . Does anyone know the different HP ratings on the P85 , P85+ and P85D for 2014 ? I went on Wikipedia , but it's all jumbled together .

Slightly off topic but why do people often cover up the VIN numbers when they are trying to sell their cars? What nefarious activities are they trying to eliminate? I have a general idea of age and features associated with VINs (sub 1K = signature, >20K has sensors and folding mirrors, >55K has AP etc) so the VIN contains useful info for me. I don't understand it so its kinda' a pet peeve, it's not their social security number. Oh and why don't people disclose what they sold or bought a used car for? How is that really "personal information"? Help me understand...