Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reduced price by $2k for M3, $5k for S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SR is and has always been a software-limited SR+ so effectively there is no difference. Previously, you could order online, then only via calling, then people were advised to do as you have and purchase a SR+ and have it downgraded.
Right, thanks. I know the hardware is the same but I was told a year ago (by someone here) that the SR was "off-menu" and wasn't being offered, unless you knew to ask, secret-handshake-like.

Right, thanks. I know the hardware is the same but I was told a year ago (by someone here) that the SR was "off-menu" and wasn't being offered, unless you knew to ask, secret-handshake-like.
Yea still functions as an off-menu option so someone will have to inquire w/ Tesla if any changes were made to SR pricing/availability since we can't check that on their website. My bet is that SA's know nothing for a while, just like when SR was first introduced...

Yea still functions as an off-menu option so someone will have to inquire w/ Tesla if any changes were made to SR pricing/availability since we can't check that on their website. My bet is that SA's know nothing for a while, just like when SR was first introduced...
I just called my local Tesla store and was told you can't special order the standard range anymore. The lowest pricing and model for the model 3 is what is on their website.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
I just called my local Tesla store and was told you can't special order the standard range anymore. The lowest pricing and model for the model 3 is what is on their website.
Very interesting.... I was surprised it had stayed an off-menu item for so long but I thought it might stay due to the importance of the $35k target.

When Tesla made AP standard it was an outlier and now with the recent price changes, having a SR w/ AP @ $38k just made no sense.

I thought they discontinued the SR about a year ago. I got mine by buying a SR+ and having them back out the software upgrades and 20 miles of range, because I was told there were no more SR models- maybe they just meant in local inventory. ??

Nah, the SR is still available, but not through the website.

However the price difference between the SR and SR+ is now a fraction under $3K, and $3K is the price to add AP to the SR, so the justification for the SR is even less.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
The prices have now been reduced in Canada. I am unsure if it is the same across the board, but the AWD Model 3 has dropped by just over $900 - likely a $2000 US reduction lessened by the worsened exchange rate. That's roughly my monthly payment anyway, and I've had mine for over two months, so I'm happier to have had my car to use and enjoy and pay for the extra month :)

The prices have now been reduced in Canada. I am unsure if it is the same across the board, but the AWD Model 3 has dropped by just over $900 - likely a $2000 US reduction lessened by the worsened exchange rate. That's roughly my monthly payment anyway, and I've had mine for over two months, so I'm happier to have had my car to use and enjoy and pay for the extra month :)
M3 AWD LR is now $63,600 where I paid mine last year at much higher price. This is so tempting, I ordered MY AWD LR and I don't know when it will arrive, no discount on MY though.

Nah, the SR is still available, but not through the website.

However the price difference between the SR and SR+ is now a fraction under $3K, and $3K is the price to add AP to the SR, so the justification for the SR is even less.
So, does this mean I could call up and have my SR re-converted to an SR+, get AP and an 30 extra miles of range for under $3,000?

For the Model S, there have been several events that reduce the value of the car;
1. No longer is their Free Unlimited SuperCharging (FUSC)
2. Charging for Premium Connectivity - Multimedia subscriptions for all cars after 1 July 2018.
3. Limiting the Drive Unit and Battery warranty to 8 years or 150K miles, whichever occurs first effective Feb 1, 2019 verses Unlimited miles for up to 8 years.
4. Adding exclusions to the warranty that didn't exist prior to Feb 1st 2019
5. No PANO sunroof option

upload_2020-5-27_23-6-4.png

Last edited:
clearly you didnt do your homework to realize they shafted those who took the initial tax incentives by jacking prices up.

You don't exactly know when did he/she picked up the car. At 500 miles, even before the whole COVID-19 lockdown, he/she very likely picked the car up sometime during this year, when there's no more tax credits for Tesla vehicles.

Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia