Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The BMW X5 eDrive45 I drove for a week (when holidaying in Noosa) last week was extremely graceful with its version of AP, some of the things I noticed:

1. It’s like Tesla’s free version of AP
2. It’s doesn’t bong on and off
3. When one indicates you take over to change lanes
4. Once changed lanes within 5 seconds it auto reengages

Absolutely brilliant…much better than how free Tesla AP handles it.

I also noticed it’s much nicer at moving the car within the lane without feeling like your fighting the steering wheel to then just have AP disengage.

This X5 only has 80km of full electric but in hybrid mode it achieved about 4-5litres per 100km, it’s really quite impressive…and it’s ultra smooth/quiet, no rattles etc.

This makes me quite excited about the iX, I’ll be test driving the iX as soon as possible.
Items 3&4 above seem much more sensible. Pity its a bmw. Never doing one of those again. Tesla service is brilliant (in Adelaide). BMW have a very firm grip on the other end.

• Funny
Reactions: Maximillan
Tesla does #3. Then it's just double stalk to re-engage (or button on the new S/X wheel).

Not sure if it's a great idea to have automation take over automatically, if say your making multiple overtakes or nearing an exit etc.
I have an X (previously an S) with FSD (EAP now I guess) and a 3 (with free AP) and I can assure you Point 3 in the BMW is vastly superior than how Tesla is doing it in the case of Free AP….go test drive one and you’ll see what I mean….

Reactions: paulp
Hey has anyone else had their LTE die with the latest software update? I was fine and then suddenly it's stopped working after I updated last night. Tried the thumb wheel reset, didn't help.
Also, because of this, I'm usually unable to wake the car via the app. Right now the car is plugged in, not charging and asleep. It won't respond to start charging, so I will have to go out and wake the car physically. I have opened a service request.

Also, because of this, I'm usually unable to wake the car via the app. Right now the car is plugged in, not charging and asleep. It won't respond to start charging, so I will have to go out and wake the car physically. I have opened a service request.
If you cant wake the car via LTE using the app try doing it via BT using the app. Unlock and relock your car using the app when you are withing BT range. That will wake it & should bring the LTE or any Wifi connection you have back. Then try the start charge command from app. A work around, but useful at times.

When I have had the loss of LTE issue in the past it has required service to reflash the modem or replace the sim card to fix it.

Anything to get excited about with this update?
I came from 2022.16.3 to 2022.20.6 yesterday - my release notes included the green light traffic chime function (new for anyone without EAP/FSD) and using Tesla Vision with the seat belt restraint system. I think there was something else but can't remember, some background feature I'm guessing.

I just checked 2022.20.6 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates and there are a few undocumented changes too.

Reactions: maxkonji
I came from 2022.16.3 to 2022.20.6 yesterday - my release notes included the green light traffic chime function (new for anyone without EAP/FSD) and using Tesla Vision with the seat belt restraint system. I think there was something else but can't remember, some background feature I'm guessing.

I just checked 2022.20.6 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates and there are a few undocumented changes too.
I find often that the release notes don't match what actually comes out even in cases where it says available worldwide (what shows on the car is less that what release notes shows). Must have something to do with model year, etc

I find often that the release notes don't match what actually comes out even in cases where it says available worldwide (what shows on the car is less that what release notes shows). Must have something to do with model year, etc
Australia is often left out of the worldwide releases. I suspect Tesla does not consider us as part of the world. We are rather far behind on many features available everywhere else.

Australia is often left out of the worldwide releases. I suspect Tesla does not consider us as part of the world. We are rather far behind on many features available everywhere else.
Tesla declared years ago that worldwide only means USA. When they first rolled out autopilot it was announced it was for “worldwide release”. Only one country recieved that initial release.