Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are the station logos just for FM stations or do we get logos for DAB stations as well? (still waiting on anything higher than 2022.36.2 here)
Oh, you are lucky to have got to 2022.36, I'm still waiting for anything away from 2022.28.2 as that seems to have consistently random issues with LTE and Wifi needing a reboot every 1-2 days from me. It's almost as bad as the 2022.12.3.2 version I was stuck on half a year ago, so any update either way would be really welcome for me.

Reactions: Sir Surfalot
@Zigman does this answer your question? This is the DAB station list.

IMG_3440.JPG

so any update either way would be really welcome for me.
Wow, that does seem very frustrating. Have you been in touch with Tesla support to see if they can push an update to your car? I'm not even sure they can do that, but maybe worth an ask.

Or could you try this ...
... as I think there is a software reinstall function ... I'm not sure, but if it's geofenced (i.e. it doesn't work!) you might need to do it outside your local Tesla service centre (again, not sure if this correct either). It's just something I read online ... and of course we believe everything we read online!

Do I need to say it ... Caveat Emptor :)

Wow, that does seem very frustrating. Have you been in touch with Tesla support to see if they can push an update to your car? I'm not even sure they can do that, but maybe worth an ask.

Or could you try this ...
... as I think there is a software reinstall function ... I'm not sure, but if it's geofenced (i.e. it doesn't work!) you might need to do it outside your local Tesla service centre (again, not sure if this correct either). It's just something I read online ... and of course we believe everything we read online!

Do I need to say it ... Caveat Emptor :)
I can confirm that I have had a tesla technician force an update to my car remotely after it had missed several updates. One of the updates got a bit stuck and prevented any others following it.

Reactions: Zigman
Another interesting observation: The app refreshes quicker from here (Europe) than from home in Australia. Lends further evidence to my suspicion that the Tesla in-car SIMs are in fact US based home network SIMs requiring a round trip from Aus to the US for all comms. And thus is quicker from Europe (100ms ping time to US vs. 250ms to US from Aus)

No. Tesla uses Telstra SIMs. Roaming SIMs would be nuts - the data charges would be extortionate.

Mine works in downpour, at night and when the evening sun is shining into the cabin. Oh, in max speed too!

When I did my road trip though the bush in north-central NSW, I once had the wipers come on I suspect due to the bug splatter on the windscreen. The cameras must have thought they were raindrops, and unsurprising that turning the wipers on didn’t fix it!

Another interesting observation: The app refreshes quicker from here (Europe) than from home in Australia. Lends further evidence to my suspicion that the Tesla in-car SIMs are in fact US based home network SIMs requiring a round trip from Aus to the US for all comms. And thus is quicker from Europe (100ms ping time to US vs. 250ms to US from Aus)

No. Tesla uses Telstra SIMs. Roaming SIMs would be nuts - the data charges would be extortionate.
If @ZeeDoktor's latency observations are correct this may be explained by Tesla using a VPN connection back to the USA rather than using a USA mobile SIM. Or even simply that the Tesla app needs to communicate with servers in the USA for such actions.

I did open a service call because of the connection issues and they asked me to restart the car, which fixed it at the time, so they cancelled the service call and the next day it came back and since the restart is one of the first things they ask me to do and it fixes it for a day, its kind of annoying. I had very close to same thing happening on 2022.12.3.2 firmware for over a month, then next update came and fixed it for a few months, so I am waiting again for next update. I asked if they could push an update and they said I was on the latest for my car.

Just helped scratch your windscreen no doubt…. :-(

Well I haven’t noticed any scratches, but dry wiping of bug splatter did make a mess of my windscreen and it took repeated sprays from the wipers to clean it up. I then manually turned the wipers off so it wouldn’t happen again, and cleaned the windscreen at my next stop with a squeegee (I took one with me on that trip).

Interesting. I wonder if this has some national security implications.
Pretty sure Tesla had to set up servers in China separately for that reason, as China was worried about Tesla cars spying on them.