Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an illustration of how slow I am, I discovered these two handy things on the weekend - which possibly everyone else already knows about 😄:
  1. If you are waiting in your car at night and want to turn the lights off, tapping on the headlight icon brings up the mini lights menu and you just tap “Off”
  2. And if you are waiting while the car is in Drive, people can’t get into the car because the doors will be locked. Tap the padlock at the top of the screen, and the doors can be opened from the outside.

As an illustration of how slow I am, I discovered these two handy things on the weekend - which possibly everyone else already knows about 😄:
  1. If you are waiting in your car at night and want to turn the lights off, tapping on the headlight icon brings up the mini lights menu and you just tap “Off”
  2. And if you are waiting while the car is in Drive, people can’t get into the car because the doors will be locked. Tap the padlock at the top of the screen, and the doors can be opened from the outside.
I have been using the door lock button for years but that option to turn off lights, I have not seen. Last year when I went to drive through cinema I had major issues trying to get all lights to turn off as it still wanted to keep the parking lights on or turn the car radio off to stop the sound, was a bit of a balancing act. I have to try this "Off" option again to see if it actually turns the lights all off.

The door lock icon was added around 5 years ago after owners complained that scrolling through three screens to unlock a door was not good

I have been using the door lock button for years but that option to turn off lights, I have not seen. Last year when I went to drive through cinema I had major issues trying to get all lights to turn off as it still wanted to keep the parking lights on or turn the car radio off to stop the sound, was a bit of a balancing act. I have to try this "Off" option again to see if it actually turns the lights all off.
And, once again, how hard would it be for a voice command to be created. "Turn off all lights" Honestly in old ICE cars this task was so rudimentary.

I have to try this "Off" option again to see if it actually turns the lights all off.

It turns all the exterior lights off, but cabin lights will stay on for a minute or so if they are on (e.g. you have put the car into Park and are not just sitting in your car in Hold). I’ve also noticed that if you stay in Hold for more than 5 minutes, your car is automatically put into Park.

Just done 800km with 2022.40.30 from Sydney to Central Tablelands and back. Clean cameras. Clear days, slightly cloudy, little wind.

I have had my car for 12,000km now

1. AP unusable- lots of phantom braking from cars in the opposite direction. Plus not much 4 lane road. So off except for 10km. Definitely only usable on multi lane freeways (for me anyway).
2. TACC behaved quite well. As usual, speed control is brilliant even on very steep mountains (Blue Mountains- Bell's Line of Road). Following distance working okay.
3. Speed sign recognition an absolute nightmare. At least 15 Sydney buses detected as 40km zones. Some active school zones missed. Most roadworks speed limits actually detected which is a big first for me (big improvement). 5 or 6 "phantom"=non-existent and incorrect speed limits detected.
4. No phantom wiping until the end of the journey approaching the garage with the sun behind it. Deemed acceptable.

A long way to go.

Apart from the above, as usual, car very efficient and a delight to drive (if one discounts the continual Boings and the phantom braking).