Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the 2024.14 nav data for some time (a couple of weeks from memory). The speed camera warnings disappearing didn’t appear to coincide with any updates on the car, making me think there is some master mothership on/off toggle for them which got toggled off by Tesla on the weekend for whatever reason and remains off now. The switch for them is still there in the UI in the car, but it doesn’t matter which way it is toggled now since the weekend.

…and just to follow on from my previous post above, when I passed the speed/school zone camera yesterday - which had been indicated correctly previously - once again it wasn’t warned about at all (with 2024.20.1 firmware).
Hmmm. I’ve just updated & installed my old Garmin DC57. That will handle the radar camera problem while Tesla fixes their code.
Pity about this. The 14.7 update was very pleasing. It fixed a lot of irritating bugs and added some good features that worked well. 14.9 & 20.1 have undone some good work.

I've done 2 trips in the past week, one on 24.14.8 and the other on 24.14.9 and both times the nav kept suggesting I get off motorways (M1 and M3 in Brisbane), almost like the avoid motorways option for Google Maps. I do normally have avoid tolls and ferrys options activated, but the section of the M1 I normally use does not have tolls and the M3 doesn't either. Initially I thought it may be due to traffic congestion, but when I tool avoid tolls off it routed through the motorways and when I switched back it tried to avoid them again. It appears someone mucked up some coding. Anyone else noticed this?
Updated to 24.20.1 yesterday morning, navigated around 90km around Brisbane and the issue appears to be resolved with the latest update.

I updated to 20.1 yesterday and had to drop my wife at the BNE airport in the wee hours this morning and then do the school run. There are far too many people on the M1 at 4 am in the morning. What are they all doing?!

Anyway, everything was fine, except for more dry wipes! I pulled up to some lights, about 5 mins into the drive, and it just started wiping for no reason. I used some wiper fluid to stop it. Then it did it again, but just for a couple of wipes on the M1 and then coming out of the garage this morning for the school run.

No speed camera alerts up or down to the airport, whereas I previously had at least 2.

Reactions: Gavarse
20.1 just came through. I assume we’re still behind with the adaptive headlights?
I got it this morning, haven't had a chance to test it yet, but notateslaapp.com reports these (two different ones?!)

1718237250219.png

That's strange. I think my nav data updated to 2024.14 during the 14.8 update (I didn't opt in, it just happened), and I'm subsequently on 14.9.
The nav data update came down separately (like the game updates do). If your car was on WiFi the whole time you probably didn't notice when the map update happened (because it doesn't require confirmation or a reboot, and is quite fast).

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and dronus
Anyway, everything was fine, except for more dry wipes! I pulled up to some lights, about 5 mins into the drive, and it just started wiping for no reason. I used some wiper fluid to stop it. Then it did it again, but just for a couple of wipes on the M1 and then coming out of the garage this morning for the school run.

No speed camera alerts up or down to the airport, whereas I previously had at least 2.

I think I have consigned myself to the fact that auto wipers will never be fixed. I really get quite teary when jumping into one of my antique vehicles and use the old fashioned wiper stalk.

• Funny
Reactions: karlos22
I think USA only get the adapt for curves, but we get both curves and normal matrix? thats what it sounds like reading some of the US posts

According to tesla-info:
  • US/CA - Curves only
  • AU - Matrix only
  • EU - Matrix + curves

If we take the original matrix/adaptive rollout then we should get it in about a month as I believe we were about that behind the EU when they originally got matrix/adaptive.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-13 205031.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-13 205031.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 1
So interestingly in my pursuit of all things science, i got my superloop FTTP internet provisioned yesterday (Side note, wow! the speed is crazy!).
The car was asleep until this morning when it started charging and preconditioning for my drive to work.

Now, some will still say this is coincidental, but to my joy the 2024.20.1 update had downloaded overnight and was ready to install when i got in the car. Maybe it was my old NBN service, who knows, i had connected the car to the new NBN before i went to bed.

I left the install queued until i parked at work and kicked the update off.

When i got back into the car this arvo there was another notification that there was a game update ready to install, and i had to connect the car to wifi.

I hotspotted an optus phone to the car, but the download wouldnt start.

I got home and connected the car to the old nbn wifi (optus) - no bueno.

I connected it to the superloop wifi (telstra) and it downloaded straight away.

Probably all coincidence but who cares, it will be interesting to see what happens next time.

I grabbed some mesh wifi extender things to put near where i park the car so it will be covered.

Few things i noticed this update
- when navigating and using full screen 3d visualizations - the map with the lines over at the top left looks bigger and clearer which is good.
- It finally rained this evening - the wipers were really good, no complaints.
- the boot proximity thing is still pretty sensitive. I guess people would complain if they had to wait more than a nano second for it to start beeping but either having it location aware, or delaying the countdown for a second or two would prevent nuisance beeping (first world problems).

Other than that, im still loving every second driving this car!