Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2021.4.6 yesterday arvo. It appeared to have broken driver profiles. When I adjusted my seat position, the normal pop-up window did not appear to save my seat settings. When I brought up the driver profile screen, the Save button is grey out.

Did a soft reboot, same thing. May try a hard reboot today.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Installed 2021.4.6 yesterday arvo. It appeared to have broken driver profiles. When I adjusted my seat position, the normal pop-up window did not appear to save my seat settings. When I brought up the driver profile screen, the Save button is grey out.

Delete and recreate the profile?
It’s just like Windows XP all over again?

No, all good for me

Installed 2021.4.6 yesterday arvo. It appeared to have broken driver profiles.
I’m still on 48.12.1, but my driver profile issue is that even though I have defined my phone to be the “primary key”, my wife’s phone still wins. Every. Single. Time. Even if I’m already sitting in the damned car and she’s still walking up, the seat will move forward, steering column drops down, mirrors adjust...

Has anyone had success with that “feature”?

I’m still on 48.12.1, but my driver profile issue is that even though I have defined my phone to be the “primary key”, my wife’s phone still wins. Every. Single. Time. Even if I’m already sitting in the damned car and she’s still walking up, the seat will move forward, steering column drops down, mirrors adjust...

I wasn't referring to whose profile wins when both of us enters the car (I got wifey a key fob but that's a story for another day :D).

I was referring to changing my seat position and not being able to save. I can't recall if I changed my seat position with 2021.4.3 (got that only 6 days before) but before that when I changed my seat position, a popup menu would appear next to my profile name inviting me to save my changes. With 2021.4.6, no popup menu appears, and when I press my profile name, the SAVE button is greyed out :(.

I wasn't referring to whose profile wins when both of us enters the car (I got wifey a key fob but that's a story for another day :D).

I was referring to changing my seat position and not being able to save. I can't recall if I changed my seat position with 2021.4.3 (got that only 6 days before) but before that when I changed my seat position, a popup menu would appear next to my profile name inviting me to save my changes. With 2021.4.6, no popup menu appears, and when I press my profile name, the SAVE button is greyed out :(.
I can save driver settings model s 2021.4.3

I’m still on 48.12.1, but my driver profile issue is that even though I have defined my phone to be the “primary key”, my wife’s phone still wins.

The priority phone setting is to set the preferred device for bluetooth handsfree / audio operation once a given driver profile is set. It's not about preferring a phone key to choose an associated driver profile when more than one key is in range.

Your wife's phone wins because the car sees it approach the car first.

2021.4.6 actually downloaded over LTE for me, must be fixing some pretty critical bugs.

this morning before the update BOTH DISPLAYS went black. Completely.
Thankfully indicators still worked as I could see the reflections since it was dark outside.
I performed a two thumbs reboot with no feedback obviously and some time later the screens booted back up.

update came an hour later...

Did a hard reboot this morning. Driver profile save is still broken, however, it's only broken for seat position changes. The popup menu appeared when I changed the position of mirrors, steering wheel and following distance to front vehicle and I could save by tapping the SAVE button. I even created a new profile---everything could be saved except for seat position.

Another potential improvement with 2021.4.6 is the immediately termination of YouTube/Netflix back to the entertainment screen. For the past few software releases, I would be watching a video while waiting for the wife in a car park. It took up to 30s for the screen to revert from YouTube/Netflix back to the main screen. The audio would revert back almost immediately to the radio that was previously playing but the screen would freeze and prevented me from unlocking the car, etc. Very annoying when the wife is standing next to the car waiting for the door to unlock.

I say potential improvement because I tested this in the garage after a hard reboot. I will test again when out driving later in the real world.

I had the same issue recently with my MX (fob, not phone) - my wife’s profile would take preference and I’d be slowly crushed by the seat. Her fob was nowhere near the car in each case so clearly a bug, but since I removed my fob from my profile and added it back in, I’ve not had the issue. (currently on 2020.48.37)

Last edited:
On another topic... I only just realised that my car no longer recognises speed limit signs on private roads, whereas the previous updates did (I’m only on 48.12.1 though). It used to detect 10 km/h speed signs on private property, even 5 km/h speed signs in car parks... but now it doesn’t do that, the speed limit stays the same as the last public road it was on. It doesn’t even display the speed limit sign graphics on the screen.

Did a hard reboot this morning. Driver profile save is still broken, however, it's only broken for seat position changes. The popup menu appeared when I changed the position of mirrors, steering wheel and following distance to front vehicle and I could save by tapping the SAVE button. I even created a new profile---everything could be saved except for seat position.

Another potential improvement with 2021.4.6 is the immediately termination of YouTube/Netflix back to the entertainment screen. For the past few software releases, I would be watching a video while waiting for the wife in a car park. It took up to 30s for the screen to revert from YouTube/Netflix back to the main screen. The audio would revert back almost immediately to the radio that was previously playing but the screen would freeze and prevented me from unlocking the car, etc. Very annoying when the wife is standing next to the car waiting for the door to unlock.

I say potential improvement because I tested this in the garage after a hard reboot. I will test again when out driving later in the real world.

I found a workaround to save my seat changes in my driver profile.
  1. Make changes to seat.
  2. Make a token change to steering wheel/side mirror. This causes a profile popup to appear where you can click SAVE. I can confirm that the seat changes are saved as well.
Unfortunately terminating YouTube/Netflix still freezes for about 13s before the entertainment screen appears.

Unfortunately (X2) 2021.4.6 again broke the NoA High St Rd exit from Eastlink Fwy southbound (which was fixed in 2021.4.3). Sigh!

• Informative
Reactions: paulp and jason66
Still a slow rollout. Only about 45% on 4.3 and 4.6.
And a new 4.10 just starting to rollout.

Have any non-FSD cars got the 2021.4 updates yet?

My car updated to 2021.4.6 on Saturday 20th Feb, it's a 2021 non-FSD M3P

Initial observations:
  • Phantom braking appears to be reduced, still had a few unexplained slow downs on a 300km drive yesterday. Slow downs/braking typically occurred on country highway, going up incline, especially if there is an oncoming car coming over a crest and slight left turn in the road.
  • TACC maintains set speed well around right hand corners, slows down excessively for left hand corners
  • Speed signs are better detected, especially roadworks
  • Sentry mode viewer disappeared, had to remove and re-plug USB drive

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: paulp and moa999