Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What about wipers that work, removal of phantom braking, a working voice recognitian system, and less flakey tacc?
Auto wiper works well on my 3LR.
I haven't had phantom breaking for months now.
The phantom exit/slip road problem seems to have been fixed in the last or immediately prior release, although I did have a weird one today that I don't think was exit related where it dropped the TACC MAX from 115 to 110 and then back to 115 within a space of 20 seconds.
Voice recognition is a complete joke.

I still haven't worked out how to save a dashcam clip.

Auto wiper works well on my 3LR.
I haven't had phantom breaking for months now.
The phantom exit/slip road problem seems to have been fixed in the last or immediately prior release, although I did have a weird one today that I don't think was exit related where it dropped the TACC MAX from 115 to 110 and then back to 115 within a space of 20 seconds.
Voice recognition is a complete joke.

I still haven't worked out how to save a dashcam clip.
I no longer use tacc in my tesla as its a rear ender just begging to happen. When its light drizzle I have to press the button for each wipe as the auto is a complete giggle. Maybe its a model S problem as its eqully problematic on both of mine. Can’t see my next car being a tesla.

I no longer use tacc in my tesla as its a rear ender just begging to happen. When its light drizzle I have to press the button for each wipe as the auto is a complete giggle. Maybe its a model S problem as its eqully problematic on both of mine.
Interesting!

1. TACC on my 3LR NEVER changes the speed up or down. It sits on what was first set and that's it! Maybe I prefer that to having it suddenly change speed dramatically......Also no problem with phantom braking.

2. I find my auto wipers excellent. Lots of different conditions and have not had to override or modify settings or press anything.

3. I also find the voice control good, unlike many other people. No idea why as I definitely do not put on an American accent (though I have visited the USA 104 times!)

Interesting!

1. TACC on my 3LR NEVER changes the speed up or down. It sits on what was first set and that's it! Maybe I prefer that to having it suddenly change speed dramatically......Also no problem with phantom braking.

2. I find my auto wipers excellent. Lots of different conditions and have not had to override or modify settings or press anything.

3. I also find the voice control good, unlike many other people. No idea why as I definitely do not put on an American accent (though I have visited the USA 104 times!)
I have no issue with tacc maintaining speed. Unlike my driving skills, it can‘t help itself to not slam on the brakes at random.
The model s wipers are a joke. Other than they dont work so well in drizzle, there is a 100mm line that never really cleans in the middle of the drivers side wiper. No brand of blade seems to fix that. Can’t think of any cheapy nasty car that degrades itself to that level of quality on wipers. Had 4 model s…all the same problem, so after 7 years it seems tesla still havnt designed the correct system for model s.

Interesting!

Aus doesnt really get the USA/European drizzle where autowipers really suck as the cameras arent seeing any rain. i find such rain quite uncommon in australia.

Aus doesnt really get the USA/European drizzle where autowipers really suck as the cameras arent seeing any rain. i find such rain quite uncommon in australia.
Come to the Southern Highlands of NSW. All the drizzle you can handle.
In my Model S I put it on the second intermittent setting but still have to regularly press the single wipe button.

When its light drizzle I have to press the button for each wipe as the auto is a complete giggle. Maybe its a model S problem as its eqully problematic on both of mine.
Might be the cameras on the S vs 3. Auto works great for me even in light drizzle. I've probably had to hit the button manually twice in light drizzle for in the 21 months I've had the 3.

Sometimes it engages too quickly before there's been enough water on the screen and then you just get smearing of the few drops that were there.

The only other time I have to use the override button is when the car in front of me on the motorway decided to wash their windscreen at 100km/h and most of the water hits my screen. I'm guessing the cameras don't see that as rain and don't engage.

I find the wipers on my Model 3 mostly work fine on Auto, and I find the the occasional push of the button on the stalk as needed quite therapeutic and not at all annoying or irritating.

I have no idea how drivers of the stalk-less Model S Plaid cope.

My notes on holiday update:
  • Biggest UX improvement is not hitting seat heaters accidentally - though hard to realise if you've left the seat heaters on till you feel it.
  • Split button (for dual heating controls) is a little hard to hit
  • Adjusting the fan kind of sucks too as it's too jumpy (if you want to go from 2 to 3, there's no +1 type of option).
  • You would think ordering of the expanded menu would be an option, but it's not, so you need to learn where the "occasional" apps are.
  • Auto seat heaters would be good to use, but since M3 isn't good at blocking car fumes, until we all drive electric, I use recirculate mostly which is not supported on auto (Traditional Elon fans would say that is wrong to use recirculate but they are all probably driving Model S's).
  • Bug: I had my auto wipers keep coming on for no reason after the update on one section of a drive (maybe shadows looked like rain) - Did a full reset, but there was definitely a bug effecting auto at one point.
  • Picking the wrong driver is a common issue for me too, but not a big deal to switch quickly once you realise (which is not necessarily obvious at first) it's just one extra tap.
  • Tidal - what's playing next is nice (expanded music half view), but feel we've lost random play? Not getting up next on Spotify but hope that's just the playlist I selected?
  • Blind spot video - actually positioned poorly and a little nauseating for all so turned it off pretty quickly) - Would be useful with FSD but not for general driving IMO (turning your head is still safer)
  • Here's the list of custom lightshows being maintained that could be useful to look at too: Tesla light show repository - My K.I.T.T.T. music is there and looks pretty cool!
  • Still no custom ring tone selection to get rid of annoying Ring Tone, or answer/hang-up option on wheel (though hanging up is easier with this update and hopefully the text message during getting a call meaning you can't answer the phone is fixed)
Hopefully this is a step change to allow quicker improvements rather than a fixed UX for the next 2 years...

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
Interesting!

So my experience with my M3SR+ has been mostly good. I use TACC on 80-90% of my driving even in city traffic. It did have phantom breaking more than 2 years ago, firmware fixed that mostly 2 years ago around Christmas, since then had no issues with phantom breaking until that phantom slowdown of set speed started probably about 4 updates ago for me, it has got better but even on the latest Christmas update I had once that phantom slowdown, so it is not fixed. Autosteering I use only about 50-60% of time but that has been rather good for me also.
Now wipers were 95% of the time really good on auto, but over the years I have had to kick it off from the stalk button in low drizzle, however since the last update, it seems to be way more sensitive to start and keep wiping for another minute after the rain finishes, so I suspect needs to dial down the sensitivity a bit, but even so I have not had any issues with the auto wipers.
Voice commands for me have been very good. I have had no issues with any voice command except "bug report". That is the only command it does not understand from me. I use voice commands daily with no other command having problems.

My notes on holiday update:
  • Biggest UX improvement is not hitting seat heaters accidentally - though hard to realise if you've left the seat heaters on till you feel it.
Hopefully this is a step change to allow quicker improvements rather than a fixed UX for the next 2 years...

instead we now hit the temperature control when moving the tracktime bar around haha.

toybox, light show.
Make sure the kids are close by 😂

I also learned my 21 update had the newer headlights. I thought the ‘Tesla’ displayed in the headlights was only for the brand spankers, but the kids pointed it out as the car was dancing.