Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bug with 2022.4.5 model s version. It does not push notification of an upgrade available. The good news is its only a problem once, presuming its fixed by 2022.4.5.3. Could also be the app update from a couple of days ago.
I would have thought that is an app problem rather than the car software.

I noticed that 2022.4.5.3 was available on the car yesterday but hadn't received a notification. I went into the app (pre-4.6.0) and the software update was showing as available. i.e. the app knew about it but just didn't notify.

I have since upgraded the app to 4.6.0 so will see if that makes a difference.

I should add that the car was previously on 2021.44.30 so if it was a bug in the car software, it was there before 2022.4.5.

• Informative
Reactions: paulp
So noticed this morning that my Nav data has updated to AU-2022.8-13684. Yesterday it was still 2021.32. I also noticed that the car has downloaded 2022.4.5.3 firmware. Will apply later today to see if it changes anything, but coming from 2022.4.5.1, I doubt there is much difference. Anyone in AU got that remove sentry viewing yet, or no hope for us on that front?

I have not received any additional notifications of new software updates since not installing the most recent one. My currently pending update is 2021.44.30.12 which I have ignored for more than a month. I am currently on 2021.40.6.

Ha ha… it turns out my car somehow lost its Wi-Fi connection in the garage and so was not downloading any new updates. I only noticed that a few days ago. I re-connected the car to Wi-Fi and presumably it will soon notify me of a more recent update. Unless there is a hurdle and updates subsquent to 2021.44.30.12 can be installed only if 2021.44.30.12 has been installed. There’s never been a hurdle before that I have noticed but there’s always a first time.

Hooray, software update for my Model S 85, last version 2020.48.37.8 has been running for about a year, new version is 2021.24.28 so is 7 or 8 months old already.
No waypoints in navigation, no fixes to AP1, just extra languages and WiFi on the move, which I thought I already had. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ha ha… it turns out my car somehow lost its Wi-Fi connection in the garage and so was not downloading any new updates. I only noticed that a few days ago. I re-connected the car to Wi-Fi and presumably it will soon notify me of a more recent update. Unless there is a hurdle and updates subsquent to 2021.44.30.12 can be installed only if 2021.44.30.12 has been installed. There’s never been a hurdle before that I have noticed but there’s always a first time.
I had the same problem a few weeks back. It immediately started downloading 2022.44.5 and also showed that it was updating the maps. I got the firmware, but maps are still the old version.

There have been some more additions to the app. It has better customisation for TOU and now includes the value of the power you have saved by having a solar system and Powerwall if you have a Powerwall.

Helpful for understanding the rates of return my home solar & battery system. The car costs are still better understood with the Tezlab app (an app I find impressive and which continues to improve).

So noticed this morning that my Nav data has updated to AU-2022.8-13684. Yesterday it was still 2021.32. I also noticed that the car has downloaded 2022.4.5.3 firmware. Will apply later today to see if it changes anything, but coming from 2022.4.5.1, I doubt there is much difference. Anyone in AU got that remove sentry viewing yet, or no hope for us on that front?
So, got back home from work and applied the 2022.4.5.3 update and 30 minutes after the update completed noticed the car was downloading an update again. I was a bit confused as yesterday there was no update available, then this morning it had installed the new navigation update and had this one downloaded and as soon as I finished installing this I have another one downloading. so I kicked the other one off installing now. Its installing 2022.4.5.5 now.
I think update gods are smiling on me this week :)

So, got back home from work and applied the 2022.4.5.3 update and 30 minutes after the update completed noticed the car was downloading an update again. I was a bit confused as yesterday there was no update available, then this morning it had installed the new navigation update and had this one downloaded and as soon as I finished installing this I have another one downloading. so I kicked the other one off installing now. Its installing 2022.4.5.5 now.
I think update gods are smiling on me this week :)
Also downloading 4.5.5 after having 4.5.3 for a day.

Initial comments on 4.5.3 were that the braking and stopping have improved... Much gentler than certain circumstances in the past (wasn't all the time).

As an added benefit, not as much nagging for steering wheel pressure. It had got to a point recently where I felt I was really forcing the steering wheel to make some of the lane changes which made the exercise pointless with that level of intervention.

See how 4.5.5 goes over the weekend!

My car is staring me down, daring me to install 2021.44.30.11.

There have been some more additions to the app. It has better customisation for TOU and now includes the value of the power you have saved by having a solar system and Powerwall if you have a Powerwall.

Helpful for understanding the rates of return my home solar & battery system. The car costs are still better understood with the Tezlab app (an app I find impressive and which continues to improve).
The problem is you can only put rates in to the nearest cent. All my rates go to 2 decimal places (e.g. 13.73c/kWh) so it will only every be an approximation.