Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The warnings are happening even if you don't have AP on. Or is it suppose to work that way?
Yes. In fact it wouldn't make much sense to have lane departure warnings when AP is on, it's supposed to keep you in the lane anyway!

The "Autopilot" menu includes options for all of the driver assist features, not just things that apply when Autopilot itself is enabled - things like "obstacle aware acceleration" and "automatic emergency braking".

A bit of weirdness on 2022.28.1 the last couple of days:
  • On Saturday, I parked at a supermarket and went inside, the app didn't connect to the car during the time. Almost as if the SIM card wasn't connecting. (I park here often, not a problem with mobile signal). Couldn't confirm that sentry was on, but when getting back to the car everything was normal, it was just the mobile connectivity. It was fine when I was at home but it connects via Wifi there. The next time I had an opportunity to check was this morning after arriving at work and it was fine.
  • This morning, I had the radio on, but the scroll wheel didn't adjust the volume (though it did bring the slider up on the screen, but level didn't change), nor did the ones on the touch screen. Also noticed the indicators made no noise. Both fixed themselves within about 2-3 minutes of driving.
Nothing major but odd that it's all happened in the few days since the last update.

Yes. In fact it wouldn't make much sense to have lane departure warnings when AP is on, it's supposed to keep you in the lane anyway!

The "Autopilot" menu includes options for all of the driver assist features, not just things that apply when Autopilot itself is enabled - things like "obstacle aware acceleration" and "automatic emergency braking".
I have had that emergency crap go off while on autopilot requesting me to take control immediately. I was cruising on AP on M1 motorway in first lane. Some idiot in 3rd lane realized he had to take the exit, so cut across the whole motorway and probably about 5m ahead of me through my lane, but did not leave the lane fully at that point leaving edge of their car about 20cm into my lane, the car went nuts and all the warnings triggered. I took over and indicated and moved to second lane, but the alarms still flared for about 10 sec after. Was rather annoying. That was on 2022.24.8.

I've been on 28.2 for the past 2 days but only just now have received my first alternate routing option. I was not just in D but also moving when that was offered, so doesn't seem to be limited to P.

If you clear the navigation and re-navigate it will offer the alternate options.

I wish they would either stay up (like Google maps), or touch the address (so it shows the whole route) and it would re-calculate them.

Reactions: Hairyman
I've been on 28.2 for the past 2 days but only just now have received my first alternate routing option. I was not just in D but also moving when that was offered, so doesn't seem to be limited to P.
Did your other journeys require a charging stop along the way? This short video was mentioned on a couple of threads that shows the problem and how to get around it

The auto high beam issue is a difficult one to judge. As I pointed out in my lengthy post last week much of it boils down to it being an issue of personal preference and driving behaviour. To some it is acceptable to turn high beams off when the oncoming traffic is visible. To others (myself included) this is too late.
Even if auto high beam dipped reliably when an oncoming car was visible would be a huge improvement for me. I'm not personally on Tesla vision (and won't be updating) but a mates on 2022.24.6 was dipping, but then turning them back while the oncoming car was still visible! That car must have thought we were flashing them!

I disagree that lane departure should be on when not in cruise control (TACC) or autopilot. I never use steering assistance. Don't do enough highway miles, mostly country roads and around towns and villages. I don't want blaring beeps and red warnings when I just adjust the car's line for potholes, ragged road edges, standing water etc when I am not in cruise or autopilot.

I disagree that lane departure should be on when not in cruise control (TACC) or autopilot. I never use steering assistance. Don't do enough highway miles, mostly country roads and around towns and villages. I don't want blaring beeps and red warnings when I just adjust the car's line for potholes, ragged road edges, standing water etc when I am not in cruise or autopilot.
So just turn it off as described above. I did.

Just got 2022.28.2. Now have alternate routes!

B0fHNKW.jpg

For those who are familiar with Tassie, you’ll be shocked to see it preferring to route through the highlands. That’s how bad the Midland Highway roadworks are!

[Edit: To clarify - I received 2022.28.1 a few days ago, then 28.2 today. The release notes didn't specifically include "alternate routes" - I just happened to test it immediately after getting the new version.]

Last edited:
Reactions: Vostok and caskings
Just got 2022.28.2. Now have alternate routes!

B0fHNKW.jpg

For those who are familiar with Tassie, you’ll be shocked to see it preferring to route through the highlands. That’s how bad the Midland Highway roadworks are!

[Edit: To clarify - I received 2022.28.1 a few days ago, then 28.2 today. The release notes didn't specifically include "alternate routes" - I just happened to test it immediately after getting the new version.]

Wait - there are toll roads in Tassie?!?

Reactions: AussieOwner
Even with it off it will still sound alerts at you if it concludes that you've left the lane. I had it ping me when I went over the double white lines at the RSL club carpark doing around 10km/h.
I have noticed that also. When driving and happen to have an obstruction in the lane, then taking evasive action if I go over a line, it sets off its lane departure alarms and asks to take control immediately, even though I am in control and I intentionally went over that line to avoid hitting an obstruction in my lane. This has happened also a few times in roadworks areas where they have not painted over the original lines, so you are forced to go over solid lines. For some reason the car assumes you are not in control and panics even though you are not using autopilot at the time and are in full control.