Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
March 2020 M3 SR+ non-FSD here, running 2022.24.6.5 and confirmed Tesla Vision. Just noticed that I no longer get to see oncoming traffic in the visualisation - everything on my side of the road (e.g. traffic ahead of me going in my direction, traffic cones, line markings, rubbish bins etc etc) all show perfectly. Have checked and can confirm that Full Self Driving Visualisation Preview is enabled. Is this something that changed with Tesla Vision ?

the Issue is that they don’t dip. Especially on a four lane highway. If the oncoming car is separated by a wire divider the Tesla seems to ignore them and blasts them with high beam.

the other issue is they dip far too late.

2022.28.1 improves auto high beam a lot compared with 2022.24.8
Auto high beam will be disabled when you push left stalk forward under auto steer (AP). It will be enabled automatically after you enable auto steer again.

Last edited:
Quite unlike me, I installed 2022.24.6.5 when it became available on my car. I had a drive to Wollongong and back again, and I could not believe how jittery the car was, regularly complaining that I was about to depart my lane (I wasn’t) and it needed to take “corrective” action. And this happened both with and without TACC on. Also a couple of phantom braking events although a bit gentler than previous instances. Phantom braking had just about disappeared with the previous version I had installed.

WTH?

What maps does Tesla use for navigation?
I thought it got things wrong once or twice but tonight it really baffled me
Going to whiteman st south bank, crown and it told me to go kings way then turn right in the middle of the bridge
What, am I suppose to fly the car?
WTF??
Stupid thing, mental note, don’t follow it

What maps does Tesla use for navigation?
I thought it got things wrong once or twice but tonight it really baffled me
Going to whiteman st south bank, crown and it told me to go kings way then turn right in the middle of the bridge
What, am I suppose to fly the car?
WTF??
Stupid thing, mental note, don’t follow it
The maps themselves are from Google maps but the navigation and routing I believe is from MapBox. I wish they would just use Google for the navigation as well ='(

Reactions: positiv and lazjen
2022.28.1 here
A positive!!! Something I like about Tesla vision is it seems to see stopped vehicles further away than before, and actually start to brake, rather than leaving it to a game of chicken to see who brakes first.

Erm, after that, nothing, if anything I found it less assured.

And route selection came up after 24 hours. Either we're all getting it now or there's just some delay on some cars.

I have recently been travelling in the UK and NZ and can tell you that we have a much better experience with google maps/navigation here in Australia than either of those countries do.
It helps that Google Maps was originally developed in Australia, and the code base continues to have teams in Australia working on it.

Reactions: positiv
2022.28.1 here
A positive!!! Something I like about Tesla vision is it seems to see stopped vehicles further away than before, and actually start to brake, rather than leaving it to a game of chicken to see who brakes first.

Erm, after that, nothing, if anything I found it less assured.

And route selection came up after 24 hours. Either we're all getting it now or there's just some delay on some cars.
So two positives now, AHB seems to work better on the 2022.28 and also the above....
That is giving me hope

Reactions: Maximillan
March 2020 M3 SR+ non-FSD here, running 2022.24.6.5 and confirmed Tesla Vision. Just noticed that I no longer get to see oncoming traffic in the visualisation - everything on my side of the road (e.g. traffic ahead of me going in my direction, traffic cones, line markings, rubbish bins etc etc) all show perfectly. Have checked and can confirm that Full Self Driving Visualisation Preview is enabled. Is this something that changed with Tesla Vision ?
I just noticed this as well. Must be a new feature:
Ignore oncoming traffic

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: Vostok and David G
Quite unlike me, I installed 2022.24.6.5 when it became available on my car. I had a drive to Wollongong and back again, and I could not believe how jittery the car was, regularly complaining that I was about to depart my lane (I wasn’t) and it needed to take “corrective” action. And this happened both with and without TACC on. Also a couple of phantom braking events although a bit gentler than previous instances. Phantom braking had just about disappeared with the previous version I had installed.

WTH?
It's a big step backwards. I'm on 2022.24.8 and get the same when I'm not even on cruise control. I drive mostly on country roads and neither I or my wife need red warning messages and loud beeps when taking corrective action and even tugging steering wheel when I move or swerve to avoid a pothole or bad road edging.

Reactions: Maximillan
I drive mostly on country roads and neither I or my wife need red warning messages and loud beeps when taking corrective action and even tugging steering wheel when I move or swerve to avoid a pothole or bad road edging.
You can turn off Lane Departure Warning and Emergency Lane Departure Warning, they're in the Autopilot menu. I'll probably do so before I next take a drive in the country.

@lazjen do you need to be in park for alternative routings to be offered or does it work even when routing while driving?

The auto high beam issue is a difficult one to judge. As I pointed out in my lengthy post last week much of it boils down to it being an issue of personal preference and driving behaviour. To some it is acceptable to turn high beams off when the oncoming traffic is visible. To others (myself included) this is too late.

Reactions: dasn and lazjen