Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can’t seem to get the update in a MY22 - reset my router, off and on and all that. Even tried hot spotting to my phone. Is the release staggered? Anyone else not getting the update?
Welcome to the game of "when will my car update", you're likely to get it sometime within the next 5minutes to a week. Although note the cars only check for an update once a day.

Reactions: ARMARM
Welcome to the game of "when will my car update", you're likely to get it sometime within the next 5minutes to a week. Although note the cars only check for an update once a day.

I have my SW update set to “Standard” and often don’t receive updates until a month or more after they are first reported here. I can recall only one time when I was among the first.

I’m currently on 2022.28.5. I’ve been ignoring the nag to install 2022.40.4.1 for the past 3 weeks, no new update has arrived since then.

Last bug report I made was more than a year ago. I receive the updates usually within a few days of them beginning to appear in the wild. I have my updates set to advanced.

That’s not to discourage you from reporting bugs by any means. I stopped because I found the process awkward,

Got the update to 2022.44.25.1 yesterday.
I now see an option in the mobile app to set the Cabin Overheat Protection temperature - it's set to 40C, but each time I try to set it to a different value, I get "Command failed" message (with a very helpful submessage of "Command failed"..).

Got the update to 2022.44.25.1 yesterday.
I now see an option in the mobile app to set the Cabin Overheat Protection temperature - it's set to 40C, but each time I try to set it to a different value, I get "Command failed" message (with a very helpful submessage of "Command failed"..).
Same. If you don't have the option to change the temp in the car's settings, then the app COP temp doesn't work. Some cars got the option, while others didn't.

Got the update today.

I really really like the auto-cancelling indicators. They dont get cancelled when you move to lane that has the left/right turn symbols which is very nice. Bit annoying when you are switching to another lane to turn left/right but the lane doesn't have symbols, the indicators will still get cancelled. But other than that, no complaints.

I don't really like the new music controls which have been moved to the bottom right. When I'm sitting at a traffic light and have my indicator on, the blindspot camera blocks the controls, and I don't really want to move the position of the camera feed. I have the steering wheel buttons to control the music anyway so don't know why they were moved. If anything, it makes it harder for the passenger. I don't think you can keep it semi pulled up to expose the Recent/Up next/Source controls like the old music controls had either. It just minimises after a while.

Reactions: dasn
New version of iOS app - 4.16.

Looks like it includes "See Charge Stats for the entire year" - nice!

CIStRkc.jpg

Clean your windscreen :p
I had my first dry-wiping episode on a drive recently (2022.44.2 - pre-Christmas update).
Beautifully fine day, but at certain sun angles the wipers would fire up, even though the windscreen was generally clean.
I found that on TACC or AP, there was no way to turn them off. That is a real "dick-move" by Tesla (to use an american term).
When I went to wash the windscreen in front of the cameras, I noticed that there is an upwards-facing sensor (I don't know if it is a camera) that lies outside the wiper's sweep area. The glass there had some water spotting from previous washing.
After I had cleaned the whole area in front of the camera nacelle, I had no more dry-wiping episodes.
Perhaps this is common knowledge in the community, but it was the first time I'd encountered it.