Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my car yesterday and haven't yet received the 2023.6.9 update. Any advice to get it sooner rather than later?
Patience. It's effectively random selection. Previously people have waited up to three months for an update while others get it in the delivery centre.

Very few have 2023.6.9 at the moment and only a bit above half have 2023.6.8

TeslaFi gives stats for a decent subsection of the global fleet at any point in time.
teslafi.com/firmware.php

Patience. It's effectively random selection. Previously people have waited up to three months for an update while others get it in the delivery centre.

Very few have 2023.6.9 at the moment and only a bit above half have 2023.6.8

TeslaFi gives stats for a decent subsection of the global fleet at any point in time.
teslafi.com/firmware.php

I'm still on 2023.2.12 on the Model 3 and 2023.6.8 on my wife's Model X....both are on advanced blah blah....I've given up many moons ago worrying..it'll come when it comes...

So wondering a bit if its the software version, my car or the area where I drive that is causing this annoyance. I upgraded my car from M3 SR+ to M3 AWD LR about 3 weeks ago. At about the same time I got the update to 2023.6.8 for both my old car and new one. I sold the old car about 2 days after the update and I barely drove it, so dont know if it had the same issue. after the update.
On the old car when driving in the dark with some street lights the car would occasionally dry wipe with the wipers even on clear and dry evening drives. Since upgrading the car and getting the new software, I have been getting that dry wiping happening every evening when driving and the worse part is that I cannot disable wipers when on TACC, and when doing half an hour on M1 every evening, its really annoying as the choice is between constant dry wiping or no TACC. So wondering if it has just got worse because of the software update or is there an issue with the newer car? On the old car with older software I had that happen a couple of times a week, but not every night.

Reactions: positiv
So wondering a bit if its the software version, my car or the area where I drive that is causing this annoyance. I upgraded my car from M3 SR+ to M3 AWD LR about 3 weeks ago. At about the same time I got the update to 2023.6.8 for both my old car and new one. I sold the old car about 2 days after the update and I barely drove it, so dont know if it had the same issue. after the update.
On the old car when driving in the dark with some street lights the car would occasionally dry wipe with the wipers even on clear and dry evening drives. Since upgrading the car and getting the new software, I have been getting that dry wiping happening every evening when driving and the worse part is that I cannot disable wipers when on TACC, and when doing half an hour on M1 every evening, its really annoying as the choice is between constant dry wiping or no TACC. So wondering if it has just got worse because of the software update or is there an issue with the newer car? On the old car with older software I had that happen a couple of times a week, but not every night.
I’m still on 2023.2.12 and this issue is happening on my 2020 3L. I feel it’s worse in recent months at night or dusk, but is it due to recent software update or a bug caused by particular circumstances?

I'm also having the same wiper problem with my 2020 M3P on 2023.2.12. I'm pretty sure you can turn off the wipers when on TACC, but not on Autopilot?
Unfortunately since some update late last year, you can no longer turn off auto-wipers when on TACC without AP or lane assist. It is of late one of the more annoying changes they have made.

Yeah the forced auto-wipers has been a major annoyance for me since a disastrous update late last year (the one which ended the use of the radar and wiped all my settings). Always in the evenings with the sun low in the sky the moronic wipers start scratching their way across the windscreen. And yes it's TACC and AP both. 😠

Reactions: Maximillan
Yeah the forced auto-wipers has been a major annoyance for me since a disastrous update late last year (the one which ended the use of the radar and wiped all my settings). Always in the evenings with the sun low in the sky the moronic wipers start scratching their way across the windscreen. And yes it's TACC and AP both. 😠
So even when you have radar equipped it is still disabled? Would that apply to my 2023 Model 3 as well?

And tonight I discovered they also come when car is manually driven. But at least then I could turn them off using the pop up control.

Any idea how long an update will take to install after it finishes downloading?
You can never be sure, and there have been people on this forum complaining that they've stuck waiting for the car to update and it's taking longer than estimated.
The safest way to ensure that the time it takes for the installation to complete isn't an issue is to schedule it to happen whilst you're asleep.

Reactions: paulp and cafz
You can never be sure, and there have been people on this forum complaining that they've stuck waiting for the car to update and it's taking longer than estimated.
The safest way to ensure that the time it takes for the installation to complete isn't an issue is to schedule it to happen whilst you're asleep.
Wish I saw this before hitting the update... Now it's at the 30 min mark but only 60% done

So even when you have radar equipped it is still disabled? Would that apply to my 2023 Model 3 as well?
Yes even cars with radars are no longer using them, as I understand it.

I don’t know when (or indeed if) Aus’ delivered cars lost radars. They still have ultra-sonic sensors right?

Longest update on my car took over an hour and a half. That was the one which erased all the settings.