Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Latest update (model s, donā€™t know about X, 3 or Y) has either caused a bug or tesla engineers are seriously out of line.
When you watch youtube on the browser the seat adjusts to very high and forward. Placing foot on brake or restoring the sea position causes the feed to stop and go back to the home screen. Try to watch again and the cycle just repeats. I didnā€™t try other entertainment channels.
Iā€™m hoping its a bug and not tesla deciding how I should be sitting in my car.

I do like the new options for the left hand scroll wheel and the new search function in the controls screen.

You access the extra functions of the left scroll wheel with a long press, so you donā€™t lose the audio functions, and you can select the default then easily change it if you need it.

I have it set to acceleration mode, but there are several others available including wipers.

The search function will bring up the control options for the function you are looking for at the same time as giving the results. For example, the new gear change chime was a bit irritating, so I hit search, typed gear change, and up came the results and a toggle to turn the chime off.

I do like the new options for the left hand scroll wheel and the new search function in the controls screen.

You access the extra functions of the left scroll wheel with a long press, so you donā€™t lose the audio functions, and you can select the default then easily change it if you need it.

I have it set to acceleration mode, but there are several others available including wipers.

The search function will bring up the control options for the function you are looking for at the same time as giving the results. For example, the new gear change chime was a bit irritating, so I hit search, typed gear change, and up came the results and a toggle to turn the chime off.
Can you set it to control AC?

Notes on 2023.12.1

Any comments on how big the Large Text is..

I note it lists Speed Assist is listed for Australia, which correlates with a post I saw on FB about the car now detecting slower roadwork speed signs.

Just in time to prove my last rant wrong: Got 2023.12.1 installed a few days ago and we actually have some new behaviour in Australia!

It now correctly identifies speed limit signs on highways (including roadwork), and it doesn't change the AP speed based on those, thankfully, because it's unreliable. It sees the LED based signs about 50% of the time, they may also have fixed the 40 sign on a bus recognition (I've been behind and passed numerous buses and it hasn't set the limit to 40) and it sometimes detects speed signs that are not meant for the road you're on, such as when headed south towards the Sydney CBD at the northern end of the bridge, the Cahill Expressway bus lane is about 10 meters above the M2 and as they vertically approach towards the beginning of the bridge, it has a few 40 speed signs, which are incorrectly detected in the car as applicable to the M2. But fret not, you have a 50% chance of the LED based sign being picked up before entering the bridge. :)

Lastly, when it still falsely detects the lane open indicators on the bridge as traffic lights, it now resorts to protesting loudly only, rather than protesting loudly and braking hard. That's an upgrade in my book.

Last edited:

Are there any additions for the right hand scroll wheel? The only things Iā€˜ve ever used the right scroll wheel for is long-press for voice commands, and scroll up/down to change set speed in TACC. Does it do anything else?

What should be added is, when there is an incoming phone call, a short press of the right scroll wheel will answer the call, long press will reject it, and if there is an active call, short press will end the call and long press will mute.