Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
80% is actually worse for stasis than 90%... so i do wonder where this is coming from. or maybe they have done internal research and most ppl use a wallcharger and charge just before departure...

On teslafi it seems that most people get around 12-13% degradation and then it just stays there. (10% rated range loss)

Have you checked your range loss overnight or over a couple of days?…and I wouldn’t hopeful of that call
Range used to be bad overnight (vampire drain), however these days it is quite low of aroud 1-2km's over night.

The issue is the driving range has never been anything like what Tesla advertised...at best 60% but more often around 52% of the 417km's Tesla clearly advertised to me.

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp
How do you know you are at 24%? I don't keep figures like yourself, however is there an eye way I can do a test?

The “simplest” way is to use the API for the local PW2 Gateway via a web browser. You need to find the IP address of your Gateway on your local network (often something like 192.168.0.xxx or 10.0.1.xxx) - the admin page of your home internet Router should reveal it as one of the connected devices (TEG - Tesla Energy Gateway).

Open a web browser and go to that IP address (https://192.168.0.xxx). The device you are using for your web browser must be connected to the same network as the PW2 Gateway e.g. WiFi to the same modem your Gateway is connected to. You will be asked to enter your Tesla account email address and the password is the last 5 characters (numbers & letters) of the serial number of your Gateway. You’ll then get a status screen like this:

IMG_0580.jpeg

To get the current system status parameters, you need to type this address in the address bar of your web browser:

This will return a JSON object containing a bunch of system status parameters. One of them is “nominal_full_pack_energy”, which is the current capacity of your PW2 in Watthours. Mine currently shows 9992 or 9.992 kWh.

An unofficial document explaining the PW2 Gateway API and all its commands is below. But beware - if you don’t know what you’re doing you could easily mess up your PW2 settings, shut it down, or take it offline.

Hey friends, I just noticed that slow chargers appear in the Tesla maps. Has this always been there? I'm a relatively new owner.

There's a "two lightning bolt" symbol that is showing but appears empty. I wonder if 50kw chargers may appear there in the future? Perhaps signs that non-Tesla fast charger support is coming?

Attachments

• PXL_20230810_214341506.jpg
    PXL_20230810_214341506.jpg
    561.1 KB · Views: 25
You mean the Not Even Damm Close (NEDC) range that the Aus Govt forced Tesla to use,

We do not us NEDC here. WLTP is the standard. And a misunderstood one. WLTP is not meant to be the vehicle’s range in “real world” driving (whatever that might be) but is a standardised means of comparison between different vehicles.

If you want a metric that is closest to “real world” range that appears to be EPA.

I find my “real world” range is very close to what the Tesla battery icon shows, which is not NEDC, WLTP or EPA.

Reactions: OzTzlaBloke
We do not us NEDC here. WLTP is the standard. And a misunderstood one. WLTP is not meant to be the vehicle’s range in “real world” driving (whatever that might be) but is a standardised means of comparison between different vehicles.

We don't now, but we did until around late 2019. Prior to that, the ADR used the NEDC cycle

"Australian Design Rule (ADR) 81/02 requires that fuel consumption and CO2 emissions be determined according to the NEDC test cycle."

If you want a metric that is closest to “real world” range that appears to be EPA.

Agree - it appears to be the most accurate of the bunch. The PRC standard "CLTC" is the most ridiculous of the lot. It must be done downhill with a tailwind

• Funny
Reactions: Vostok
Hey friends, I just noticed that slow chargers appear in the Tesla maps. Has this always been there? I'm a relatively new owner.

There's a "two lightning bolt" symbol that is showing but appears empty. I wonder if 50kw chargers may appear there in the future? Perhaps signs that non-Tesla fast charger support is coming?
It's been like that always. I don't think the "two lightning bolt" has ever shown anything in the 5 years I've been an owner.

• Informative
Reactions: mukaibot
I have requested management call me
Time to get the claim moving forward - see a solicitor
I would do the following
Completely ignore the terms "warranty"

Write a letter to Tesla Australia
Include the following in the letter
You allege Car is not of acceptable quality, not fit for purpose and does not match the description of the advertising. (These are word for word your consumer guarantees under the law).
You believe the Tesla with respect to VINnumber XXXXXXXX is not meeting its Consumer Guarantee obligations provided for under the Competition and Consumer Act

Dont mention" warranty" because the warranty from a legislative point of view in Australia is additional to your consumer guarantees. Consumer guarantees applies regardless of the warranty. A warranty cannot exclude a consumer guarantee

Then put in a claim in whatever tribunal your solicitor advises.

Reactions: EcoCloudIT
Time to get the claim moving forward - see a solicitor
I would do the following
Completely ignore the terms "warranty"

Write a letter to Tesla Australia
Include the following in the letter
You allege Car is not of acceptable quality, not fit for purpose and does not match the description of the advertising. (These are word for word your consumer guarantees under the law).
You believe the Tesla with respect to VINnumber XXXXXXXX is not meeting its Consumer Guarantee obligations provided for under the Competition and Consumer Act

Dont mention" warranty" because the warranty from a legislative point of view in Australia is additional to your consumer guarantees. Consumer guarantees applies regardless of the warranty. A warranty cannot exclude a consumer guarantee

Then put in a claim in whatever tribunal your solicitor advises.
Then kiss goodbye to $200k on solicitors, and if you lose another $200k for tesla’s solicitors….and you still have the car albeit now tarnished with copius quantities of media that the mainstream outlets will delight in.

I find my “real world” range is very close to what the Tesla battery icon shows, which is not NEDC, WLTP or EPA.
My real world range I my 3 if fairly accurate to my typical range that I have it set to, my X is at best another 20% less than typical therefore around 50% less than advertised…

But what is your Wh/km usage and how does that compare to other Xs with similar usage patterns.

No idea other X's, we drive like grandma's (never had the half shafts replaced and on first set of tyres at 55,000km's is proof of that), have the power saving mode on, temp set not to use my engergy and in winter we are often at 285 Wh/km which means at best we will get 235km's on a 90% charge, or some 20% less than what the car says it will do when set to typical (not rated) range.

So yeah...no good.

We do not us NEDC here. WLTP is the standard. And a misunderstood one. WLTP is not meant to be the vehicle’s range in “real world” driving (whatever/ that might be) but is a standardised means of comparison between different vehicles.
We don't now, but we did until around late 2019. Prior to that, the ADR used the NEDC cycle

"Australian Design Rule (ADR) 81/02 requires that fuel consumption and CO2 emissions be determined according to the NEDC test cycle."

Agree - it appears to be the most accurate of the bunch. The PRC standard "CLTC" is the most ridiculous of the lot. It must be done downhill with a tailwind
My October 2021 build November 2021 delivered 60kWh SR+(yes it was that quick), has a 556km sticker rating. The WLTP rating at the time was I think quoted at 490km in the order process with the in car EPAish rating starting at 439km and now down to 419km. I assume the 556km figure on the sticker was the NEDC figure. So I think it was not until sometime in 2022 that we stopped the use of NEDC.