Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can do this now in these software builds

Long press the left button is a customised action button

So choose wipers, long press, adjust as you desire via the wheel
Yes, but that's no better than the standard method of pressing the stalk button to bring up the menu and then using the left and right - it still requires a sequence of two actions and overloads the volume control. I'd rather just have left and right on the other scroll wheel permanently assigned to the wipers.

Yes, but that's no better than the standard method of pressing the stalk button to bring up the menu and then using the left and right - it still requires a sequence of two actions and overloads the volume control. I'd rather just have left and right on the other scroll wheel permanently assigned to the wipers.
Ok, what about hey siri on iphone or if you speak yanky accent go the Tesla voice commands

What is your following distance set too? I fine 3 or under, TACC will start to exhibit what you have described.
I believe 3 is the default, I usually leave it there, unless other drivers annoying me too much. (In our region drivers tend to squeeze in even when the following distance is already too short, if I leave it unmoderated the car will slow down more and more.....)
My observation is the different behavior of previously and now, without changing the settings or my driving behavior.

Could you elaborate, please: mobileye? I didn't come across this term yet.
To be sure, my car is a 2023 model without USS, hence relying solely on cameras.
Hardware version 1 cars and some version 2 had an autopilot system designed by israeli company mobileye. In my opinion it was more stable, reliable, relaxing, and safer than the tesla designed system that was implemented in version 2 hardware and above. Mobileye has since been aquired by Intel and supplies autosteering systems to many other brands. I dont think tesla autopilot has surpassed it yet.
@mellocom has a car of that age, hence I was asking mellocom if he still has the mobileye system or if the tesla designed system was forced to the car. Elon claimed version 1 cars would eventually drive themself even though they only had USS, a radar at the front, a camera at the front, and a camera at the back. This was the version that he stated would be the last car you ever have to buy as it will keep getting better. If you get a chance its worth waching some presentations by the founder of mobileye (Youtube). He comes across as extremely clever…like seriously next level smart.

I just today had TACC set itself to 40 from 110 on the highway north of Brisbane... I didn't see a 40 sign anywhere. But it often does stupid stuff like that. Mobileye was very reliable. 10+ years ago. I knew Elon was overpromising and underdelivering when I bought my car. But I did expect the basics to work right. You know, the crap others have made work already years ago.

Hardware version 1 cars and some version 2 had an autopilot system designed by israeli company mobileye. In my opinion it was more stable, reliable, relaxing, and safer than the tesla designed system that was implemented in version 2 hardware and above. Mobileye has since been aquired by Intel and supplies autosteering systems to many other brands. I dont think tesla autopilot has surpassed it yet.
@mellocom has a car of that age, hence I was asking mellocom if he still has the mobileye system or if the tesla designed system was forced to the car. Elon claimed version 1 cars would eventually drive themself even though they only had USS, a radar at the front, a camera at the front, and a camera at the back. This was the version that he stated would be the last car you ever have to buy as it will keep getting better. If you get a chance its worth waching some presentations by the founder of mobileye (Youtube). He comes across as extremely clever…like seriously next level smart.
Great info, thank you. I didn't know this. Well, I am following Tesla only for a couple of years, and only got to own one some few weeks ago. I guess I still have lots to learn :)

Reactions: paulp
I just today had TACC set itself to 40 from 110 on the highway north of Brisbane... I didn't see a 40 sign anywhere. But it often does stupid stuff like that. Mobileye was very reliable. 10+ years ago. I knew Elon was overpromising and underdelivering when I bought my car. But I did expect the basics to work right. You know, the crap others have made work already years ago.
The car’s idea of what the speed should be on the highways around Brisbane is almost uniquely rubbish. No idea why.

Reactions: johnchidgey
I had similar issues around xmas on the big road around Caloundra and Maroochydore [not from Qld, may not be accurate]
I suspect the endless roadworks are involved somehow but I can’t be sure because I don’t don’t know how satnav data is collected

RE The service alert DTC about the removable SIM in my vehicle, Ive come to think it unrelated to the software update

I suspect the G forces the car has seen might have popped it or it wasnt fully inserted at the factory etcetc

I dont have a Tesla toolbox subscription so itll be a warranty thing where the service centre will probably have to get it out and ensure its seated fully

SIMreplace.jpg

They told me the MCU had been fried and the repair would cost over $3000.

My car was just a few weeks out of waranty

Product warranty does not replace the Consumer guarantee under Australian Consumer law. In fact a warranty is really irrelevant.

I would have invoked:

I believe the car does not meet the legislative requirements under Australian consumer law becasuse the law guarantees me that the product should be of acceptable quality - that is it is durable and free from defects. A warranty does not stop the clock on "durability"

Note a consumer guarantee does not have a time limit.

Product warranty does not replace the Consumer guarantee under Australian Consumer law. In fact a warranty is really irrelevant.

I would have invoked:

I believe the car does not meet the legislative requirements under Australian consumer law becasuse the law guarantees me that the product should be of acceptable quality - that is it is durable and free from defects. A warranty does not stop the clock on "durability"

Note a consumer guarantee does not have a time limit.
There is no mechanism for penalty for companies that refuse to participate

There is no mechanism for penalty for companies that refuse to participate
Maybe no rapid super easy mechanism but what about:

1. The state dept of fair trading and them taking on the cause. Ive had success in those areas generally
2. Small claims court where Im told its faster than other courts, costs less and as long as its under I think from memory 10K in dispute your good to go

Reactions: Quickst