Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the AP/TACC became unavailable after 26.8. Now that does not mean they are related.

As with FB posts they are very hard to find once so unable to screenshot the post.
I havent had any replication of this issue with 26.8

Folk like that rather than giving a whole bunch of user stories would be far more better off screenshotting the service mode alerts and giving real data.

I'm developing certain areas of my own vehicle (secret squirrel currently) so Im often in their reading DTCs, or just the alerts across FACTORY - SERVICE - USER etcetc. Knowing how verbose Tesla are in their setup and how good the doco is I mean great majority of entries are linked to manuals etcetc and it isnt even needed most of the time to get into the toolbox knowledge base for mystery time that makes no sense on bizzare logging entries. So knowing how Tesla are there wouldve been a crap tonne of logged entries giving a much bigger picture of what actually was going on rather than the users view of it.

Yes I got up to speed on the history there brother. Definite possible maybe (lol as the internet rumour goes plus if someone did know for sure Im pretty sure they would pretend to not know beyond rumour cos reasons right ;);););)) is that deep rain is all over as a concept as were post release 4 now on the wipers and its not "actually smart wipers" cos deep rain didnt work we all agree its kinda ridiculous and below what we expect of our beloved brand. Theyve moved onto the approaches they use in all the other training models they use for other systems in AI decision making. That is the training for the neural net is composted all round video training not one feed from one sensor. One sensor which annoyingly gets ditry and then the wipers go spaz mode on ludicrous speed rubbing away on a high frictiondry bit of glass....This is the last system still on their old skool training approach. I get people are over it and I agree. It needs to be fixed and shortly.
If only there were a cheap, reliable solution!

Installed 2023.26.7 today and was pleased to find a couple of fixes:
- The UMC firmware update now works, so I was able to update my Australian UMC from 8A/12A to 10A/15A
- The bug where the navigation directions didn't show at the top of the driver's side panel if the map panel was obscured with another screen has been fixed

Unfortunately auto-high beam still sucks - but I guess that was asking a bit much for 'minor improvements'...
I have been on 2023.26.7 for two weeks and charged the car twice, but the UMC update doesn't seem to be happening. I am judging this from the iOS Tesla app on my phone which will not go higher than 12A. I double checked the tail and it's definitely 15A.
Is there some trick to this? I usually charge overnight so The UMC is plugged in for a long time after it gets to the 80% level. Should I be looking at the screen in the car, not the app?

I had to rig a long internet cable lead and wifi box from my home internet to the garage to get the 2023.26.7 downloaded, the car has not had wifi access since downloading that very large update. But it is on premium connectivity.

cheers

Last edited:
I think the car limits the charging amps based on the voltage drop it detects while ramping up the amps. The longer the cable, the larger the voltage drop will be - try a 15A extension lead with a larger cable diameter. Watch the charge voltage drop after you plug it in. Mine usually indicates 247V on start, and ramps up the amps slowly until the voltage sits at 232V at 8A.

I have been on 2023.26.7 for two weeks and charged the car twice, but the UMC update doesn't seem to be happening. I am judging this from the iOS Tesla app on my phone which will not go higher than 12A. I double checked the tail and it's definitely 15A.
Is there some trick to this? I usually charge overnight so The UMC is plugged in for a long time after it gets to the 80% level. Should I be looking at the screen in the car, not the app?

I had to rig a long internet cable lead and wifi box from my home internet to the garage to get the 2023.26.7 downloaded, the car has not had wifi access since downloading that very large update. But it is on premium connectivity.

cheers
Forget my post. Just plugged in again and to my surprise it is now allowing up to 16A on the 15A tail. Must have done it in the most recent charge.

Anyone have any idea what the latest patch was for? No release notes and took about 25 mins to install.
IMG_6587.jpeg

Anyone else getting these? Started a few updates ago where it follows multiple cars and often in other lanes. It’s not phantom braking, but takes it to a different level when you’re trying to pass someone on a freeway! Scrollwheel reset does nothing

515F7B3F-5C10-4468-896A-597ED7C08A90.jpegBA160BFE-264A-4CC2-A662-100D6F4BEA06.jpegBB5F623E-68A1-457C-A0CB-F02B63137C12.jpeg

Last edited: