Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure I saw an accidental glimpse of what a component of the new UI will look like, right after I downloaded 44.1.
It only appeared for moment, then went black then went back to normal.
Whilst in Park, the car graphic, which is usually from a front/side profile, appeared completely from a front profile, with what looked like the ability to perhaps move it around.
It may have simply been a glitch, who knows, but guess we will wait and see.

I've noticed with the most recent update (I think) that the climate control, when set to Auto, sometimes begins to heat instead of cooling, even though the temp. is set to 18. The night before last I tried everything to get it to cool but it wouldn't. I had to stop the car and reboot the display and it then worked fine. That was the third time this has happened recently.

I've noticed with the most recent update (I think) that the climate control, when set to Auto, sometimes begins to heat instead of cooling, even though the temp. is set to 18. The night before last I tried everything to get it to cool but it wouldn't. I had to stop the car and reboot the display and it then worked fine. That was the third time this has happened recently.
I am not sure what happened today, but mine set itself to LO (minimum temp) for one of my drives today. I don't know if it imagined a signal sent from the app, but we hadn't changed anything in the app or on screen.

Yeah I think there’s some bug in the AC code. I think I mentioned this a little up-thread. I’ve seen the AC change status, the temperature change, etc. It seems to me to be associated with changing profile but this is hard for me to check because it’s mostly my wife driving the Model 3; when I drive it I’ve almost always switched to my profile. It only ever changes one thing (so far), which is still annoying. Music is similarly afflicted, often just keeps playing what the previous profile had playing. 😞

I wish there was a way to have the rear fan come on all the time, not just when passengers are detected. Our dogs are in boxes that hang off the headrests, so aren’t detected as passengers, and I have to turn on the rear fan manually every time.

I wish there was a way to have the rear fan come on all the time, not just when passengers are detected. Our dogs are in boxes that hang off the headrests, so aren’t detected as passengers, and I have to turn on the rear fan manually every time.
Can you connect a seat belt buckle so the car thinks there is someone there? I think my rear vents run all the time because I have a seat belt extender plugged in for a child's booster seat.

Can you connect a seat belt buckle
1)Buckle up the seat belt?

2) Or get a pet tether
IMG_2034.jpeg

3) or get a seat belt insert
IMG_2033.jpeg

I don't know if that enough or if the seat also needs to detect a weight??

Can you connect a seat belt buckle so the car thinks there is someone there? I think my rear vents run all the time because I have a seat belt extender plugged in for a child's booster seat.
With model s it uses seat weight sensors, so the issue is overcome with some weight on the seat, but you have to connect the seatbelt or the chime drives you crazy. The wife’s handbag is sufficient mass.

Where did you get the extenders? I got some but are not compatible 🤦‍♂️ Does it work for the middle seat too?
I had trouble finding them in Australia, at least for the length I needed, so ordered from Seat Belt Extender Pros® - Your Source for Safe Seat Belt Extenders
They have a configurator to ensure you are ordering the right one for your car.

It works for the side and middle rear seats (I haven't had a reason to try the front seat), although I can only vouch for that for my specific 2023 MYRWD.

Reactions: SO86