Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting yes, I do have 2024 maps
I just updated to 2024.2.2.1 but only have 2023.32 maps (but the copyright notice in the map display says 2024!)… BUT it does have some 3rd party chargers on there now. 3rd party chargers show a grey icon on the map.

You may have to zoom out to find one?

Make sure you select to display the lower power chargers as well (single lightening bolt) and a wide array of 3rd party do show up.

Not sure the criteria to be on there as some of the ones listed near me are the smaller less popular ones, when larger more popluar ones nearby are not listed (eg 2 stand Exploren at John McGrath Kia is listed, yet the 6 stand Chargefox at the Australian Mint less than 5 mins away is not). It also seems a bit out of date as some Tesla destinations that were removed 6 months ago are still listed.

Also the major and AWESOME Ampol investment at Pheasants Nest on the freeway to Sydney isn’t there. Its a regular stop for me and almost better than a Supercharger as there is such an array of food/amenities there. Its annoying I have to try and trick preconditioning by picking the nearest supercharger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jules22
I have software version: 2024.2.21 and navigation version 2023.32-14753. I can confirm:
  • The 3rd party chargers show up for me
  • The car pre-conditions when you navigate to them
  • The car does not use them in route planning
The requirements to be listed are here: https://www.tesla.com/en_au/support/improving-access-third-party-fast-charging

Note that the requirements are dynamic, so chargers may appear and disappear based on usage and reliability.

An example of the ones that show up for me below. Note there are many other sites which are similar specs to these (a few Evie 350 kW sites, many other EHT Kempower 80 kW sites, etc) so that shows it's likely the "dynamic" filter based on recent usage, rather than a fixed standard based on speed or stall count, etc.

1707432761222.png

Last edited:
Just had a look this morning, weirdly I am on the old software 2023.44.30.8 and also 2023 navigation update, but the third party charging stations are there.

Difference is when I'm purposely navigating to one of it, precondition doesn't happen (I'm guessing this needs the new 2024 software update)

I am on the old software 2023.44.30.8 and also 2023 navigation update, but the third party charging stations are there.
Interesting. So likely similar to new superchargers - they just appear in the nav when they're open, they don't come down with software updates, etc. The code to do it would have been in there ever since the first European ones opened, there just wouldn't have been any sites published in Australia until now.

On a dual lane onramp (called a slipway in Oz?) with the left lane merging into the right before the onramp merges onto the freeway, my car indicates LEFT when on AP and driving in the right lane. Bizarre.

And yeah. There's the 40 sign on buses. And the lane open indicators in tunnels and on bridges. 4 years later, it still thinks those are traffic lights.

Facepalm.

That’s weird… I was notified a week ago that Software Update 2024.2.2 was available to be installed, and I kept ignoring the nag each drive, but today it had gone. Software not installed, and no longer available to be installed 🤔. I’m still on 2023.44.30.8.

First time that has ever happened.

• Informative
Reactions: elddum
Something I found today that I completely forgot to check yesterday - if you select the "1 lightning bolt" you get not just AC chargers but also DC chargers that are < 75 kW!

They should definitely be separate to the AC chargers.

(Apologies for the moire pattern on the resized images!)

IMG_5681.jpeg
IMG_5682.jpeg
IMG_5684.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5682.jpeg
    IMG_5682.jpeg
    657.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Something I found today that I completely forgot to check yesterday - if you select the "1 lightning bolt" you get not just AC chargers but also DC chargers that are < 75 kW! They should definitely be separate to the AC chargers.

Yep. I reckon it should be:

1 lightning bolt = AC chargers
2 lightning bolts = DC chargers up to 120 kW
3 lightning bolts = DC chargers 120 kW and above (i.e. capturing all Superchargers)

That’s weird… I was notified a week ago that Software Update 2024.2.2 was available to be installed, and I kept ignoring the nag each drive, but today it had gone. Software not installed, and no longer available to be installed 🤔. I’m still on 2023.44.30.8.

First time that has ever happened.
I believe that's because 2024.2.2 may have been withdrawn. My M3 recently installed 2024.2.2.1

• Informative
Reactions: Vostok
I have both the 2024.2.2.1 update and 2024.2.xxx navigation update.

I had 3 issues with navigation previously, and pleasantly this update has fixed two of them (one of which I reported to TomTom several months ago - I don't know if that helped or not.

1. It can now take the correct exit off the (Melbourne) Westgate Freeway outbound to the Ring Road (that changed at least 12 months ago. You now need to be in the right land not the left lane.
I am Still on 2023.x and last week wish I'd had this update then. Heading home from Port Melbourne to Greensborough the plan was on westage fwy at Montague St, over Bolte Bridge and home in about 45 mins.
Instead, not being used to these roads at all, I got in the wrong left turning lane at Montague St (middle one instead of behind all the trucks in the far left lane). So instead of heading for the Bolte Bridge I cursed to find myself stuck on the ramps to the Westgate Bridge and no way off. So OK, I'll go ring road home maybe 1h. Well then the traffic stopped (mid afternoon weekday) at the foot of the Westgate bridge. Mega roadworks I was completely unaware of. Took 30 mins to get past Millers Road, temperature rising, AND THEN following the Tesla Nav I stayed left and found myself heading for Geelong not the ring road. Aaaarrrgghhh. Took another 15 mins to reach Altona turnoff and do a uturn over the freeway before finally reaching the ring road after just under an hour and home in about 1h40. My original mistake magnified many times over, felt like punishment by the Auto Gods.