Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Software updates - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I consider 2.3 to be a Nodate. They are not all Updates. I put software changes into 3 categories: Downdates, Nodates, Updates. I'll let you work out which is the least common.
I think it is a downdate!

I was using the recently new Mobile App feature of charting (and costing) your charging history - very nice indeed! Since updating to 2023.2.3 it has disappeared!!! 😡
Seems the car is no longer providing that data to the app.😩

Yes they do. The last YT demo of FSD12 that the Rocket man and his AI guy did included a roundabout

They are sometimes called Traffic circles in the US
Finally catching up to 1960s technology that has been successfully serving the rest of the world well 😀
1708552196080.png

Recently picked up a Model Y and less than impressed with the TACC and EAP after system calibration.

Repeatable example is when on a wide lane or road where a bicycle rider is in their own bike lane with 2m to 3m space to spare, the car will brake hard to match the push bike speed. There is plenty of space to just pass. Then in stop start traffic the car would brake late all the time. It drives like someone who can only see 50m ahead. Even if say at 75 or 100m, the cars are stopped with brake lights. Its apparent the cameras just can't see that far ahead. When we drive past kerbside bins or cones, there's always a crap load more bins or cones rendered on the visualisation screen than reality.

During crawling stop start traffic, the braking is also sudden and when going into a double lane roundabout, it wants to launch into cars coming from the right.

My wife in the passenger seat commented, it was like driving with a new L plater. We won't be using any auto pilot or tacc unless it was a nicely marked motorway.
Tesla tacc is very low quality for city use. As far as I know the latest merc tacc is the only one that can respond to roundabouts and navigated left/right turn in the city

Repeatable example is when on a wide lane or road where a bicycle rider is in their own bike lane with 2m to 3m space to spare, the car will brake hard to match the push bike speed. There is plenty of space to just pass. Then in stop start traffic the car would brake late all the time. It drives like someone who can only see 50m ahead. Even if say at 75 or 100m, the cars are stopped with brake lights. Its apparent the cameras just can't see that far ahead. When we drive past kerbside bins or cones, there's always a crap load more bins or cones rendered on the visualisation screen than reality.

I don't use autopilot except on separated carriageway motorway-type roads (honestly I don't think it would buy you much around town anyway), but I use TACC quite a bit around town.

I cancel it anywhere there's objects to pass within the marked traffic lane (either parked cars or cyclists), no matter how wide the lane is - it just doesn't like things in the marked lane. And there's no way I'm crazy enough to try and use it through a roundabout.

I think others have mentioned that it slows down sooner and more smoothly if you increase the following distance. I think I tend to leave it on 5 these days.

wall connector software needs a way to have multiple charging windows. Electricity plan I’m on is 8c from midnight to 6am, and free from 11am to 2pm. Be good to take advantage of the free period sometimes without stuffing around with the car and wall connector settings.
The way I'd handle that is leave the wall connector schedule open midnight to 2pm, then have the "scheduled departure" option set for an off-peak end time of 6am, and the "scheduled charge" option set for a start time of 11am. Then you just use the app to switch between scheduled departure or scheduled charge depending on which window you want to charge in next (it remembers the times in each schedule so you are only flicking one switch in the app to change each time).

I use this method to switch between overnight off-peak charging in the week, and free middle of the day charging on the weekend.

Is there any way to know if I've enabled the Ultra-Wideband Phone Key correctly?
UWB only available in the Highland

Electricity plan I’m on is 8c from midnight to 6am, and free from 11am to 2pm. Be good to take advantage of the free period sometimes without stuffing around with the car and wall connector settings.
Agree

I think there a 2 ways:

Have you tried Scheduled Departure Off peak charging- I think this tells the car when to stop charging. You can toggle when Off peak ends. I would use this for overnight charging. Be aware that it might start prior to midnight if it thinks it needs more than 6 hours to charge to your set limit.

Then there is Scheduled Charging - this tells the car when to start charging. I would use this for the 11am-2pm. But you need to ensure the charging session is only 3 hrs or less by manually toggling charging rate and charging limit.

TACC is handy if you want to look for your sunglasses and put them on or maybe take a drink from your water bottle. That's about the limit of it around town IMHO.
For me TACC is good most of the time. Well I have a tendency to have a bit heavy foot and my Model 3 has a tendency to want to accelerate way past speed limit when my heavy foot sits on accelerator, so I tend to just accelerate close to the speed limit and enable TACC to keep me near that limit without going over it. Though the car does have its moments when I need to disable TACC as it gets jittery with too many cars parked next to the lane or too many curves on the street, and I have to be constantly ready to step on accelerator as it sometimes wants to slow down or break check at totally random locations.
Regardless I use TACC extensively most of the time. Over 5 years I have learned to anticipate most situations where it messes up so I anticipate it trying to break and already hold accelerator a little on, so it does not do anything too drastic.