Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just for clarity's sake, the only way to be sure a supercharger is online/open is to plug in at the location. If you start charging, it's online. :wink:

Several have appeared on the car map, the website, or both and still been days away from completion.

Tesla has "jumped the gun" several times when adding chargers to their database (overzealous intern?).

Just ask Islandbayy about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for clarity's sake, the only way to be sure a supercharger is online/open is to plug in at the location. If you start charging, it's online. :wink:

Several have appeared on the car map, the website, or both and still been days away from completion.

Tesla has "jumped the gun" several times when adding chargers to their database (overzealous intern?).

Just ask Islandbayy about it.

Madison's supercharger page was created and was accessible, but it was never posted on the website or the map. Gallup is actually visible on the site in public view.

Is that solar array for the supercharger?

If you look at the Utah Supercharger thread entry, it looks like those panels were put in by the town for the Visitor Center, well before the Supercharger started going in.

On another topic:
Finishing the Elon Route?

With all of the Superchargers getting installed and turned on, it looks like Holbrook, AZ (Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ) and Cranberry Township, PA (Cranberry, PA Supercharger) will be the last two missing links to complete the Elon Coast to Coast route. Both could be hopped over with some hypermiling, especially in good weather in an 85, but that is no fun. Besides, it would really cramp the total charge time claims that Elon has made to range charge on a Supercharger.

The question now is when will these two missing link Superchargers start, and when will they be finished? Any guesses? :confused:

The question now is when will these two missing link Superchargers start, and when will they be finished? Any guesses? :confused:

I suspect that the timing of at least the announcement of the finish date will coincide with Elon's trip, if they can keep the wraps on it that long, to avoid anyone stealing his glory. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one salivating over the map, checking it multiple times a day and seriously contemplating taking an epic zig zag cross country journey of a lifetime from BC to the tip of FL and back, just to prove it can be done! It's so close to being doable I can taste it.

One way to deal with this would be to let the S owners have at it first, with some lead time of some weeks and have Elon follow in the X, potentially milking more press from the whole thing.

If you look at the Utah Supercharger thread entry, it looks like those panels were put in by the town for the Visitor Center, well before the Supercharger started going in.

On another topic:
Finishing the Elon Route?

With all of the Superchargers getting installed and turned on, it looks like Holbrook, AZ (Supercharger - Holbrook, AZ) and Cranberry Township, PA (Cranberry, PA Supercharger) will be the last two missing links to complete the Elon Coast to Coast route. Both could be hopped over with some hypermiling, especially in good weather in an 85, but that is no fun. Besides, it would really cramp the total charge time claims that Elon has made to range charge on a Supercharger.

Cranberry Twp, PA will start after the crew is done at Somerset, PA, which should be soon:

UPDATE: Heard back from the Somerset Borough zoning officer; he just did a site inspection today, and spoke to the foreman. Construction is well underway, but they are still waiting on the transformers. Scheduled date for Somerset PA coming online is January 9, 2014.

Tesla Rep I talked to said official switch on date is between 1/12 and 1/15.

A picture is worth a thousand words and sometimes many more. Here is an annotated picture from Blanding, UT yesterday showing the major components of a Supercharger site. Also, included for reference is a diagram of these components from page E-4 of the Tesla Supercharger Application to Madison, WI.

See my post, Tesla Supercharger network - Page 309, for more description.

Hopefully, this will help all those Supercharger scouts out there!

Blanding Equipment-2.jpg

Supercharger Diagram.png

Kevin I am heading up there in a few minutes to scout around, and I will let you know the address as soon as there is definitive evidence either way.

Looks like they have decided on the Residence Inn location off Freedom Rd, see item 23 on this page. I believe this implies that this permit application was approved:

Cranberry Township - Official Website - Opening Soon

23. Tesla Motors Supercharging Station - 1308 Freedom Road (Residence Inn)

I will keep an eye on this location starting tomorrow, and post pics of any activity.