Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was 32 miles (Deer Trail) from Limon yesterday. I almost drove to Limon to take a peek. I will be out there again in a couple of weeks. My chiropractor drives out to Limon on Mondays. He is going to look as well.

Great. I'm assuming they'll be done in a few weeks. I think the contractors have been on site for about a week now. These crews are really turning them around quickly now (again).

Wow... could the cables at the NB side of the Milford, CT superchargers be any SHORTER?? I had to re-position my car three times before I could get close enough to insert the plug. There's no "loop".. just a 3' or 4' cable mounted straight up and down.

Send a picture.

That sounds like the original pedestal design that went into the first six California Superchargers; you have to position perfectly for those old designs. Milford, CT and Newark, DE were installed in December 2012, just a month after the first six in California, so you are probably seeing that awkward first gen design. Is it the same in Newark, DE?

You can see completion dates at TMC Wiki - North American Tesla Supercharger locations

Wow... could the cables at the NB side of the Milford, CT superchargers be any SHORTER?? I had to re-position my car three times before I could get close enough to insert the plug. There's no "loop".. just a 3' or 4' cable mounted straight up and down.

Yup, and as Cottonwood mentioned it's the original design. I did the same thing on the southbound side about a month ago. It's a pain, isn't it?

It makes me wonder what Tesla Motors engineer thought that was a good design? Where there different constraints involved back then? Shorter allowable cable lengths, etc? I can see it being not hard where you have a long straight runway to pull straight into the spot, but at Milford, you have to turn tight into one of the two spots, and there's no way you can do that, AND get close enough to the cable in one shot. Someone fell asleep at the drawing board on this one.

It makes me wonder what Tesla Motors engineer thought that was a good design? Where there different constraints involved back then? Shorter allowable cable lengths, etc? I can see it being not hard where you have a long straight runway to pull straight into the spot, but at Milford, you have to turn tight into one of the two spots, and there's no way you can do that, AND get close enough to the cable in one shot. Someone fell asleep at the drawing board on this one.

That's why we are on the Gen III or IV Pedestal design; they learned. I know some of the pedestals have been swapped out in Hawthorne and some of the other California sites. Hopefully, they will do this to all the Gen I Pedestals; they are a pain!!!:eek:

Did they change the format of these pages or have I just not been observant? I don't remember the location specific "profile picture". Not sure if its just the new locations either. Couldn't find many examples of where the stock image has been replaced.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/macon

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/triadelphia

Don't think its only for new locations, but most of them don't have the location specific image. Here's another example.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/buckeye

Anybody's image being leveraged for a location?

These two are now live and on the map! Up to 94 in North America!

94 in North America, 4 under construction on Superchargers and that does not include Limon, CO, yet, where we have confirmation from the Arby's manager that construction started a week ago.. 94+4+1=99; just one more in the under construction category and the magic 100 Superchargers for North America is coming into sight!