Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im surprised more people haven't noticed or commented on it. This is a huge expansion for Europe. This explains the Q1 ER note on 200 new SCs by the end of the year. Anyone want to count them? Why so much more dense and seemingly important to have in general than in the US?

Europe is a potentially larger market than North America.

Im surprised more people haven't noticed or commented on it. This is a huge expansion for Europe. This explains the Q1 ER note on 200 new SCs by the end of the year. Anyone want to count them? Why so much more dense and seemingly important to have in general than in the US?

I think they have different living situations than in North America. Older buildings, more densely populated areas may mean that they need more Superchargers in their cities unlike the the US/Canada.

20140521_234713.jpg

Not sure if this is any different from the website but some have asked me to take a pic of the screen. So here we go ;)

...just compared it to the website. It seems that on this screen there are some listed and 'coming soon' that are already open. Odd, I would think this screen is the most up to date, but looks like it is isn't.

It clearly is wrong. There are 4 SCs Washington (vs three on the board). Ritzville is compeltely missing.
View attachment 49945
Not sure if this is any different from the website but some have asked me to take a pic of the screen. So here we go ;)

...just compared it to the website. It seems that on this screen there are some listed and 'coming soon' that are already open. Odd, I would think this screen is the most up to date, but looks like it is isn't.

Yes that is definitely out of date...so much for that being the "live" map that we all thought it was. Very odd, as they must have an actual live map somewhere!

Electricity is more expensive than it is in the US too though. IIRC, the electricity prices in Germany are more than double what we pay on average.

This varies wildly across Europe. In Norway electricity is quite cheap, I paid around 12 cents per kWh last month (for both power and distribution). France and Sweden is also pretty cheap while Denmark is expensive.

The delivery rate is accelerating. In late March, the total was 4.0 million kWh. That is 1.8 million kWh delivered in the last two months. At $0.20 per kWh, that is $360k worth of electricity.

Divided by $2K (Supercharger cost per vehicle) equals only 180 Model Ses. Not bad! They won't need solar canopies on all of these locations yet, but it wouldn't hurt.