Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me that adding Superchargers at Harrisburg, PA and Binghamton, NY in the near term would have outsized impacts.

ProposedNESuperchargers.png

Binghamton covers the last remaining big highway direction out of media market #1, New York City. It makes Supercharger travel from NYC to Buffalo and Syracuse more direct and Supercharger travel to Rochester and Buffalo possible.

Harrisburg, PA significantly enhances coverage for media markets #4, Philadelphia, and #9, Washington DC. It helps make provide access to lower NY state from DC/Baltimore going due north, and going due west from Philadelphia to Pittsburgh.

St George, Utah: I checked Starbucks this morning and the construction for the SC is underway. The crew were really nice and said they had done the Blanding and Moab sites. the station will be on the south side of Starbucks parking lot and I'm kind of disappointed that there will only be 4 pedestals but 4 is better than none. There might be some problems with Iceing also but it seems most people going to Starbucks seem to park on the North side. I don't think it will take them long to get this one up and running.

TechMaven - I couldn't agree any more! Binghamton and Harrisburg are needed in a big way....

+11 ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY.

Add in Erie, PA and you'll have all the major Canadian cities covered too-- not to mention an easy link to the rest of the West-East network by way of Buffalo-Erie-Pittsburgh OR Cleveland. Erie is just critical and seemingly missing on all of Tesla's plans.

ERIE

BINGHAMTON

HARRISBURG

please please please

In the first three weeks of July 2014 (actually in the first 19 days of July 2014), this many Supercharger stations went live:

Europe 16
US 3
Canada 1
China 1

That's even more than 1 per day.

Because North America (USA and Canada) needs to turn on 4 Superchargers per week to get to 200 by the end on 2014, we are way behind the needed rate. I hope installs will accelerate in North America.

In the mean time, go Europe!