Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In addition to the California changes, there new ones appear to be Hope BC*, The Dalles OR, Billings MT, Topeka KS*, Chicago south side IL, Indianapolis IN, Okeechobee (?) FL, Orlando FL, Chattanooga TN*, Lake City FL*, Maryland DC suburbs (?), and Hartford CT.

* TMC already had knowledge of these upcoming locations.

Edit: the Okeechobee and Orlando dots might be the long-rumored Ft Drum and Lake Turkey service plazas on the Florida Turnpike.

The "MD DC suburbs" one looks to be up near Baltimore. An obvious spot, given Tesla's other locations, would be the Arundel Mills mall in Hanover, MD, just south of BWI airport.

About Arundel Mills - A Shopping Center In Hanover, MD - A Simon Property

Google Maps

Aren't superchargers great? I was just comparing your charging screenshot with mine from the Angola, Indiana supercharger and noticed that where yours says 120 kW, mine says 391 mi/hr. I hadn't noticed before but I guess you can choose which to display?

Yes, in the settings of the car if you choose to display charge energy units on kW/h rather than miles or KM's, you get that for your supercharger display as well.

FL, Gainesville Gainesville Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Unfortunately (for me) it appears that Gainesville is probably not in the works - with the new Lake City "Coming Soon" dot, it appears that the Gainesville dot got shifted south, likely to Ocala... Probably is a better location at I-10/75 juncture, but was hopeful to have one for our visits to Gator Nation. Will be glad to have Lake City nonetheless.

>> I think the top media markets aren't really relevant. What are much more relevant to Tesla's vision (IMNSHO) are traffic patterns. How heavily are routes traveled? [dirkhh]

The East West route was determined by Elon's Trip with the kids.

The 2nd cross-country route can be achieved by building an SC north of KC on US36, another SC further east at Hannibal MO, and a 3rd between Champaign/Urbana and Indianapolis. This would take advantage of the existing SC at Normal IL. This 2nd X-country route will become the Route of Choice for most coast to coast travelers as it is short and avoids urban impact.

The point being made here is NOT to simply follow existing traffic density flow but to draw motorists to the more efficient route. TM would be saying: THIS is the best route. Forget we did that other route, sorry about that :redface:.
--

Does anyone have a screen capture of the previous "Coming Soon" map to compare?

This was a screen I took on 5/20 because they had a bug that I reported. Don't mind the blue and black dots in AZ, that was the issue.

5/20/2014
01 - Tesla - Coming Soon - Gila Bend.png

The MT dot is on Billings, which is logical since it's at the junction of I-90 and I-94. The I-90 corridor is pretty well ironed out if the 2014 dots are to be believed: Coeur d'Alene, Missoula, Butte, Big Timber, Billings, Hardin, Sheridan, Gillette

The BC one is definitely Hope, which may be ready to begin construction soon.

I put money on Bozeman even if it does not have a dot, it's just a good distance from Billings.

In Canada, besides having a lot of hope for Hope coming soon. Cornwall will not Lands End for Tesla; in fact, I predict an early beginning for Tesla there.

- - - Updated - - -

This was a screen I took on 5/20 because they had a bug that I reported. Don't mind the blue and black dots in AZ, that was the issue.

Better yet, here are some great animated GIFs of before and after the recent changes: Changes to Official Supercharger Map: Archive and Animations

They have adjusted the 2014 and 2015 maps as well. The changes are too numerous to mention, but for 2014 place a focus on continuing I-70 and I-90 at appropriate spacing and adding an additional north-south route along I-65. The biggest casualty is I-84 and I-80 north and east of Salt Lake City, along with several sites in northern states that don't link major cities.

Yeah, they kicked I84 to the curb. Major disappointment as I wanted to hit Sun Valley in the MS.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, looks like they took pity on the Canadians and made Squamish Number 100.

Although we know Tifton has power and somebody reported charging at Wickenburg, although they still apparently had a couple of hours work to do.

I think that's kind of cool. It's like Elon saying "Oh Can-a-da!"