Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They need an SC between Rockford and Mishawaka, Aurora SC proving itself lacking in so many ways. But I'm biased I admit. You say Lansing, I say Merrillville IN; I'll even say Kankakee, IL!!
--

I strongly doubt Merrillville, IN since the dot is definitely on the IL side of the border. I wouldn't mind having it in the vicinity of the I-80/57 junction, but as memcd states, information has been unobtainable up to now so we are just guessing and wishing. As for favorable sites, there are commercial areas of the kind that Tesla favors at the East Hazelcrest and Tinley Park interchanges. Que sera, sera.

Last edited:
I believe Tesla will open 70 superchargers in North America between today and December 31st.

Below is a list of 9 Super Chargers that are waiting on transformers or other items outside of Tesla's control (Cottonwood please clarify the technical language and electrical logistics :smile:) These 9 or 10 Super Chargers are at a point that historically took 2 or 3 weeks to come on-line (Again, Cottonwood or anyone else, please correct me if I've overstated the time line). Also, I hate to be the optimist, but I believe whatever is holding up Greenville will be resolved in 4 months. So, that is 10 North American Super Chargers. Also, Ocala Florida broke ground recently. My numbers are conservative because I have not thoroughly reviewed the Supercharge Progress Update Wiki (Supercharger Progress - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum) or the Super Charger Page (Superchargers)

Basically, I believe at least 10 more North American Super Chargers will be on-line by September 12th. And I believe Tesla will have another end of year push for an additional 60 in 3 Months (October, November, December).

Here is my list (I welcome all comments and additions/edits):

2 Log In Page Redirect:
QC, Drummondville Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors
ON, Cornwall Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

20 Coming Soon:
AZ, Casa Grande Casa Grande Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CA, El Centro El Centro Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CA, Los Angeles Downtown Los Angeles Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CA, Manteca Manteca Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CA, San Diego San Diego Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CO, Denver Denver Supercharger | Tesla Motors
FL, Gainesville Gainesville Supercharger | Tesla Motors
GA, Atlanta Atlanta Supercharger | Tesla Motors
ID, Coeur d’Alene Coeur d'Alene Supercharger | Tesla Motors
MA, Auburn Auburn Supercharger | Tesla Motors
NC, Charlotte Charlotte Supercharger | Tesla Motors
NH, Portsmouth Portsmouth Supercharger | Tesla Motors
NV, Primm Primm Supercharger | Tesla Motors
PA, Allentown Allentown Supercharger | Tesla Motors
*SC, Greenville Greenville Supercharger | Tesla Motors
AZ, Cordes Lakes Cordes Lake Supercharger | Tesla Motors
CA, Indio Indio Supercharger | Tesla Motors
FL, Tampa Tampa Supercharger | Tesla Motors
MA, Sagamore Sagamore Supercharger | Tesla Motors
ON, Kingston Kingston Supercharger | Tesla Motors

“Coming Soon” Dots added on July 11, 2014
CA, Oxnard
TN, Chattanooga

FL, Ocala Supercharger - Ocala, FL - Page 2
IN, Indianapolis
KS, Topeka
MD, Hanover About Arundel Mills - A Shopping Center in Hanover, MD - A Simon Property
ON, Barrie
ON, Hope

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this comprehensive list.

With regard to Florida, Tesla's website declaring Gainesville as coming soon in my opinion is misleading. I beleive the Gainesville location has been moved to Ocala. Google maps tells us the distance between Gainesville and Ocala is less that 40 miles. Your Ocala reference shows photos illustrating significant progress at Ocala. It is not likely Tesla will proceed with a Gainesville Supercharger anytime soon with one going in less than 40 miles away.

Larry

Last edited:
8-31-2014 6:00 pm

Surprisingly just 1 car charging at Hawthorne when I arrived but within minutes it was full.

IMG_0941 2.jpg
IMG_0938.jpg

I noticed that construction is partially done for a Supercharger at the Goleta,CA Rabobank. Has this been mentioned before?

I doubt what you saw was a Tesla Supercharger station in Goleta. That would be very close to the existing Buelton SC and the soon to open Oxnard SC.

Photos?

Maybe you have discovered an unannounced Tesla SC but I'd like to see photos.

I doubt what you saw was a Tesla Supercharger station in Goleta. That would be very close to the existing Buelton SC and the soon to open Oxnard SC.

Photos?

Maybe you have discovered an unannounced Tesla SC but I'd like to see photos.

I checked this out just now, and it's not a supercharger, but it is a related project. They're adding about a parking space's worth of equipment to install a single SolarCity Demandlogic unit: DemandLogic Demand Response - Commercial Solar Solutions | SolarCity

It look almost exactly like the units from these links (it's a small single unit, not the big multi-units they have at Fremont):
How Tesla Batteries Are Powering an Energy Revolution - The Atlantic
http://www.greentechmedia.com/content/images/articles/straubel3.jpg

The metal sled and the cooling unit with the big fan (from the second picture) both have small Tesla labels, but the power infrastructure they're adding isn't enough for an SC. The emergency shutoff is rated at 100 Amps at 600 Volts, and the Inverter is below that. The Goleta Rabobank has a long-standing Solarcity system and an associated free 20kW J1772 charger. I expect this is a project to add a small amount of storage to that system. It should reduce their demand charges, and make that very handy free charger more economical for them.

If anyone wants photos tomorrow, I can probably stop by and take some.