Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect there has been a bit of "let's go try out the supercharger" and "let pick up our car from the factory and drive home via the supercharges" contributing to the heavy usage in some places. And maybe that will never go away as long as there are first time purchases.

But I suspect (speculative) that the Model 3's will spend less time at the charger to get to the next charger based on watts/mile and battery size. Or it will be exactly the same.

There will have to be a social shift for the people that visit a local charger though because they going to be impacting the intended user more and more with every tesla sold.

Woh I just realized my idea got picked up by Tesla
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457207423.050252.jpg

Colorado has a $6000 tax credit. It would probably be higher on the list if Tesla was legally allowed to have more than one store in the entire state.

Yes, but on the flip side, doesn't Colorado have a sliding scale for vehicle licensing fees, based on the value of the vehicle? That could be a factor, though probably not as significant as the sales limitation.

Washington was number 2 on that list because EVs had no sales tax in 2014. The legislature eliminated it for vehicles over $35K in value and raised the vehicle tab fees in 2015 so I'm sure the numbers for Washington are lower now. California has a hefty state tax break as well as the federal and the support network for Teslas is better there than anywhere. Both Seattle and California have HOV lane incentives too.

Oregon has essentially no incentives for EV ownership and it's down in the pack on that chart. Though there is some pressure to start some incentives in Oregon. Oregon also only has one Tesla store and I don't think they can build any more. Washington has two in the Seattle area and that's it, though between the three counties that make up the Seattle metro area, more than half the state's population lives there.

Hawaii has the highest electric rates in the US, but gasoline is very expensive there too. The utilities have been discouraging solar installations, but getting a solar array and an EV is financially a good move there.

Yes, but on the flip side, doesn't Colorado have a sliding scale for vehicle licensing fees, based on the value of the vehicle? That could be a factor, though probably not as significant as the sales limitation.

It's possible as the registration fees vary from county to county. When I purchase, my first year's registration will be over $1700 and it will gradually decrease using a (county) specific formula each year.

I think the fact that they can only have one store is probably more of a limiting factor as it takes more effort for potential customers to see the car in person. They are going to have to pay registration fees no matter what.

NNnnnh. I'll appreciate the serendipity when they get around to emplacing one in Teslin, Yukon Terr. That's one of the key sites on the clamored-for Alaska<---->Lesser-48 link up...... :)

Has anybody mentioned how synergistic it would be to put a Tesla Supercharging installation in Tesla, West Virginia? Roughly halfway from Wytheville, Va to Pittsburgh?

They really need more than one due to elevation changes. My vote would be Beckley,WV and Morganton, WV. Beckley would help with I-64 in addition to I-77 and Morganton would help with I-68 in addition to I-79 and they would act as bookends for US-19 as well.

Also would be super helpful for ski trips ;)

After quite a dry spell, the Warsaw, NC Supercharger is open.

Supercharger Proposal for NC - Warsaw, NC - Page 5

That one was 9 days from construction to open on supercharger.info

I'm not sure what the record short construction to open period is but if they can put one in in just over a weeks time it bodes well for a quick ramp up later this year when Tesla is flush with Model X funds.

That one was 9 days from construction to open on supercharger.info

I'm not sure what the record short construction to open period is but if they can put one in in just over a weeks time it bodes well for a quick ramp up later this year when Tesla is flush with Model X funds.

It was actually a little longer than that because the site wasn't discovered until it was already under construction, but it still seemed to go very fast.