Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appears the pins have been added back on.

WHEW.

Why is it that they're continually updating the webpage so haphazardly AND PUBLIC?
I mean, surely they have a preview function before going live with all these mistakes. It keeps happening.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 79
I don't think the database reflects expansions of existing sites does it? I think somebody speculated Tesla might be focusing on expanding bottleneck sites right now.

Management may have decided that the supercharger network is mostly OK for now and they are focusing on ramping up Model X production, getting the Gigafactory online, and getting the Model 3 done. A lot of the investment world was wringing their hands at Tesla's burn rate last year. Other than the slow down in the supercharger roll out, I can't put my finger on it, but since the end of last year it's seemed like Tesla has pulled in their horns and they are concentrating on keeping the burn rate down this year.

An entire week with zero changes to the supercharge.info database: Fri. 11th through Fri. 18th.
Can anyone recall or find the last time the hiatus was so long?
Oh I would bet there is stuff going on and we just have not found it yet. Think I-15 Idaho Falls and Pocatello.

May have to make some phone calls to planning and zoning next week and find out for sure.

My WAG is that they're conserving cash for Q1 since MX rollout is slower than anticipated. Stopping (or drastically slowing) Supercharger buildout is a quick and easy way to cut expenses. It's also the kind of thing that can be ramped back up pretty rapidly once Q1 is closed and the MX ramp (and demand) is showing promise.

Reactions: Lump
My WAG is that they're conserving cash for Q1 since MX rollout is slower than anticipated. Stopping (or drastically slowing) Supercharger buildout is a quick and easy way to cut expenses. It's also the kind of thing that can be ramped back up pretty rapidly once Q1 is closed and the MX ramp (and demand) is showing promise.

Could be, but there is very little reason to reduce the number of permits but that is what is happening. Only 1 permit so far in March for North America.

Could be, but there is very little reason to reduce the number of permits but that is what is happening. Only 1 permit so far in March for North America.
You're probably right (which is why it's a WAG) but remember that there's only 1 permit we've found in March. Certainly possible there are proceedings we've missed - this thread is proof that we can frequently be late to the game.

Again, you're probably on point. But.. just throwing that out there.

So Reno, Nevada, home of the GIGA Factory does not have a Supercharger? Or a Tesla "dealer"? Where are my neighbors taking their cars for warranty work? Roseville, California?
There are two public Supercharger locations in Truckee, just over 30 miles west of Reno. Tesla has private Superchargers at the Gigafactory. I could see them maybe adding one in Fernley eventually but Reno doesn't need additional coverage at this time, considering they are intended for long distance travel.

Reactions: SW2Fiddler