Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we near the end of the 3rd Quarter, I thought it'd be a good time to post updates of some of my charts. Also, with the addition of the Grand Rapids Supercharger, Michigan has become less of an outlier on the charts based on vehicle miles driven.

Supercharger Progress (by quarter)
The bars represent new locations opening, and the lines are cumulative totals. Note that while there's a somewhat disconcerting drop-off in Q1/Q2 of this year, there was a similar drop last year, followed by a rebound, so perhaps there's a pattern developing and we'll see a rebound in Q3/Q4. This is a little clearer in the 2nd chart, which shows worldwide installation rates.

Supercharger Progress 2015-06-25.png
Supercharger Progress (Worldwide) 2015-06-25.png

Stalls Per Station (by State)
No major changes here, though I did re-sort by number of stations (descending) after sorting by Stalls Per Station. The overall average went up to 6.4 stalls, and I added an average number of stations per state.

Supercharger Stalls per Station 2015-06-25.png

Vehicle Miles (billions) per Supercharger and per Stall (by State)
This is still my favorite way to slice the data, as I think it best represents where Tesla should be focusing their efforts for the long term, in order to address travel needs for the broader car-buying public. In the near term, certain states will remain outliers in this regard because of their higher EV/Tesla uptake rate (i.e. California, Oregon) or their geographic proximity to those states (i.e. Utah, Montana)

Vehicle Miles per Supercharger Station 2015-06-25.png

Vehicle Miles per Supercharger Stall 2015-06-25.png

As we near the end of the 3rd Quarter, I thought it'd be a good time to post updates of some of my charts. Also, with the addition of the Grand Rapids Supercharger, Michigan has become less of an outlier on the charts based on vehicle miles driven.

View attachment 85260

Michigan will move to the right quite a bit soon with

Grand Rapids, MI (already online! per Supercharger - Grand Rapids, MI)
Ann Arbor, MI (pedestals in place, coming soon)

Tennessee will move to the right in about 5 days as Nashville, TN is about to come online.

That'll leave Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Texas on the far left.

I don't know of anything coming in Penn or SC but for Texas we have

Denton, TX construction to start in July, maybe open in August?

too many on the 2015 map that we don't know the status on to bother with the other states near the left side of the table.

Last edited:
I don't know of anything coming in Penn or SC but for Texas we have

Denton, TX construction to start in July, maybe open in August?

too many on the 2015 map that we don't know the status on to bother with the other states near the left side of the table.

There is a supercharger currently under construction at a service center in Houston (not yet entered on supercharge.info).

A LOT of activity at week's end, according to supercharge.info.

It would be wonderful if there were a way to toggle back and forth between maps(now) vs maps(12 mos. ago), etc. Almost all of us - in NoAm, Europe, Asia; plus in regional subsets - often are frustrated because SpCs haven't progressed as fast as we'd like, but when we look at the bigger picture, the build-out really remains exciting.

It would be wonderful if there were a way to toggle back and forth between maps(now) vs maps(12 mos. ago), etc. Almost all of us - in NoAm, Europe, Asia; plus in regional subsets - often are frustrated because SpCs haven't progressed as fast as we'd like, but when we look at the bigger picture, the build-out really remains exciting.
Well said AudubonB, it really is fun to watch the build out. I check supercharge.info every morning to see if any thing has changed since yesterday. Tesla is doing 10 times more than the nearest competitor with providing charge station locations.

The SC network is one of the big reasons my wife and I decided to buy our first Tesla about a month ago. After a month it still makes me grin every time I open the garage door and see that car there waiting for me.

The count for USA locations is now 198 and Sheridan WY and Albuquerque NM look to be close to completion. That 200 mark is going to fall pretty soon.

There is a WAY BACK function that allows you to see that.

On Supercharge.Info, go under "Map Options" and click "Way Back." Not exactly what you asked for, but fun... :biggrin:

I'd forgotten about "Way Back". That is fun to watch, indeed.

Ah well. Convalescent period has just about ended. Soon (July 4-5) back to the Land Of Hyperslow Internet Connection. No more videos, no more seeing any page pop right up. Rather, open a page, go cook breakfast....might be able to read it once eggs are ready. Ugh.

Nice stats and graphs, jvonbokel.
I've been saying that there's an underdeployment of Superchargers in Pennsylvania (in addition to the glaring absence of Erie, there's a huge "you can't get there from here" rural hole) and Michigan (you can't go north, pretty much). I'm glad to see that your graphs support that. I don't pay as much attention to South Carolina or Texas but I can easily believe that they have a shortage of deployment as well.

According to Tesla's prior schedule, we were supposed to be at 205 U.S. superchargers by the end of December 2014. That obviously did not occur. So Tesla is approximately 6 months behind their prior schedule for the United States.

According to Tesla's prior schedule, we were supposed to be at 205 U.S. superchargers by the end of December 2014. That obviously did not occur. So Tesla is approximately 6 months behind their prior schedule for the United States.

I realize that but I am wondering how far behind the pace they set for themselves for this year we are. I always forget how many dots appeared at the beginning of the year for this year. ie pace was set at 200 we are currently at 65 rather than 100. We are now actually at 54 I believe not 65.