Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm. That map shows fewer new charger sites in New Mexico than the live map on Tesla's website.

I think I'll stick with what Tesla is showing on its site. I sure hope they aren't going to push out the rest of New Mexico's build-out until 2017 or something. C'mon Tesla!

Hmm. That map shows fewer new charger sites in New Mexico than the live map on Tesla's website.

I think I'll stick with what Tesla is showing on its site. I sure hope they aren't going to push out the rest of New Mexico's build-out until 2017 or something. C'mon Tesla!
Tesla's map is only a goal. Supercharge.info is more realistic.

Nice article, though this statement could have used some explanation: "Rival car companies are spooling out their own networks of fast-charging stations, too".
What other EV manufacturer has started constructing an L3 charging network in the US, as opposed to just talking about it?

BMW (I forgot who the other partner manufacturer) has deployed a bunch of CCS. Not nearly the same as the SC network, but definitely have started this deployment.

Nice article, though this statement could have used some explanation: "Rival car companies are spooling out their own networks of fast-charging stations, too".
What other EV manufacturer has started constructing an L3 charging network in the US, as opposed to just talking about it?

You might get an argument from Nissan

Ok, how about this: What other EV manufacturer has started constructing a *reliable* L3 charging network *with multiple ports per station* in the US, as opposed to just talking about it?

Ok, how about this: What other EV manufacturer has started constructing a *reliable* L3 charging network *with multiple ports per station* in the US, as opposed to just talking about it?
...and carefully planned locations to facilitate long distance travel across the US? Answer: no other car company is doing that besides Tesla which has been building the Supercharger system for over 3 years.
Advantage: Tesla.

Oh, come on now. You don't need that many qualifiers when comparing the Nissan charger network.

only one per site: check
fan/filter issue: check
limited hours locked gates: check
lower power limit than non Nissan Chademos: check
less sites than Tesla: check

I have a Nissan Leaf and I don't even consider it true that Nissan has a charging network. I'd use a random 3rd party charger before I'd use a dealer charger even when the branding of the dealer matches the branding on my car.

You could make every supercharger location on the planet have only 1 cable and one parking space and it'd still be better on all 5 counts vs the Nissan network.