Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My best guess.....

Houston, TX

That will never happen. There are too many S's in the greater Houston area that the SC will be full 100% of the time with locals. I know, I know, SC etiquette ... but it's easy to overlook when you want to load up with electrons and there is 300+ amps right in your back yard.

Maybe outside of Beaumont ... but certainly not Houston

(and I hope I eat my words on this)

Three more Superchargers for me today: Kingman (just before dawn), Quartzite and Yuma. I ate breakfast at Kingman while charging, and I left with more Rated miles than I needed to get to Quartzite, so my stop at Quartzite was a little less than 15 minutes, a new record low for me at a Supercharger. I did a full Range charge at Yuma to tide me over until I can get back there on Friday on the way home: I'm kicking around El Centro tonight and tomorrow.

Here's a new-to-me piece of charging behavior: as I was finishing up my range charge at Yuma, the battery was only taking about 3-4kW and the display showed a Rated range of 257 miles and 67kWh added during the charge session (that 257 number is a few miles more than I was showing at home when finishing a range charge at the beginning of the trip!]. I was sitting in the car with the A/C running in Range mode and decided to switch Range mode off so I could cool the car down quicker: as soon as the fan and compressor had spooled up the displayed Rated range dropped to 254 and stayed there, and the 'charge added' value dropped to 66kWh. A minute or two later I switched back to Range mode and the numbers climbed back to 257/67; just to prove it wasn't a fluke, I switched back to full climate power again, and the numbers went back to 254/66.

I think that's pretty bizarre, but I suspect what's happening is that the traction pack's DC voltage drops a tiny bit when the A/C load ramps up, and the displayed numbers are based on battery voltage.

Not bad, but I think could be a stretch between some of these. Circles are 85mi.
tx-fl.png

created using supercharge.info

Wondering what others are thinking on the following:

Wiki map has gone down to 6 chargers under construction. Tesla has not updated their map of coming soon and there are only a couple left to be built. But all of this seems to conflict with the 2014 map that shows pretty much a doubling of Superchargers this year. Is this simply a lack of communication on TMs part ? Are we seeing a slow down in construction ? Is any of it partly because of the supposed upgrade to Superchargers to higher power ? Please expound ....