Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I ran into an E.R. doctor and his son from Ohio making a road trip through New Mexico. He allowed that I friend of his who owns a restaurant in Akron (the Iacominis I believe) is negotiating for a supercharger on his property. Just a heads up, probably worth a call by one of you local Ohioans!

Today I ran into an E.R. doctor and his son from Ohio making a road trip through New Mexico. He allowed that I friend of his who owns a restaurant in Akron (the Iacominis I believe) is negotiating for a supercharger on his property. Just a heads up, probably worth a call by one of you local Ohioans!

Why would Tesla install a Supercharger in Akron when there is a Supercharger in Macedonia OH 15 miles away?

___

HPWC makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up

Last edited:
Did they change the format of these pages or have I just not been observant? I don't remember the location specific "profile picture". Not sure if its just the new locations either. Couldn't find many examples of where the stock image has been replaced.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/macon

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/triadelphia

Don't think its only for new locations, but most of them don't have the location specific image. Here's another example.

http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger/buckeye

Anybody's image being leveraged for a location?

So the profile picture for Macon is no more, but the other two locations have them still. Whats up with the inconsistencies on these pages and the sudden changes? Not sure how they're deploying/updating these pages!

A new and different question, but rather than starting a new thread, I believe it can best be served through this thread:

A propos the frustrating delays for the Wickenburg, AZ SpC, does anyone know if there is any need at SpC sites for ATT 4G service? It would seem to me that some sort of communications is necessary at all times between each Supercahrger and Tesla HQ (at the very least, think of all the data at the Hawthorne map).

And I know, most unfortunately, that there is no 4G (or LTE) ATT service at that site. Nor any 3G, nor Edge, nor any ATT at all.

There is good ATT service to the south - in Morristown. To the west - in the boondocks on the way to Tonopah. To the north, in Wikieup. But Wickenburg is one big, black, ATT hole.

Postulating is one thing. Knowing precisely that each of the 94 (94+) US SpCs do or do not have such service could be more productive.

A new and different question, but rather than starting a new thread, I believe it can best be served through this thread:

A propos the frustrating delays for the Wickenburg, AZ SpC, does anyone know if there is any need at SpC sites for ATT 4G service? It would seem to me that some sort of communications is necessary at all times between each Supercahrger and Tesla HQ (at the very least, think of all the data at the Hawthorne map).

And I know, most unfortunately, that there is no 4G (or LTE) ATT service at that site. Nor any 3G, nor Edge, nor any ATT at all.

There is good ATT service to the south - in Morristown. To the west - in the boondocks on the way to Tonopah. To the north, in Wikieup. But Wickenburg is one big, black, ATT hole.

Postulating is one thing. Knowing precisely that each of the 94 (94+) US SpCs do or do not have such service could be more productive.

Couldn't they simply use a landline?

I am sure that they can use other cellular data plans and carriers, they just won't get the great corporate rate. At the sites I have looked at there appears to be a cellular data connection for each Supercharger Cabinet and for the Distribution Center. See below from Buellton. Those black blobs on the upper left of each Supercharger Cabinet door are the cellular data modems.

I agree there is no need for 4G, but I doubt that they have an easy way to connect to a land line.

Buellton-Cabinets.JPG

Audie -
That may very well be the reason for the delay in Wickenburg.

i'm surprised by the "AT&T black hole" in Wickenburg. We drove through there a couple weeks ago on the way up to Yarnell. Lost maps and Slacker just before the turn onto US60 from Carefree Highway in Morristown.

It it would make sense that the Supercharger cabinets would also be using AT&T connections with the discount they get... I wouldn't be surprised if they also want to be able to monitor the cars charging too -- and monitor both sender and receiver...

They changed the Europe format. Now resembles North America a bit more - http://www.teslamotors.com/supercharger

Im surprised more people haven't noticed or commented on it. This is a huge expansion for Europe. This explains the Q1 ER note on 200 new SCs by the end of the year. Anyone want to count them? Why so much more dense and seemingly important to have in general than in the US?