Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Always worth posting Rob Maurer videos here just in case people don't religiously watch them. This is his battery day predictions. At the end of the video Rob says he left out one prediction which he believes more important than everything else he mentioned. My guess is the potential of Tesla Energy enabled by larger better battery supply. Tesla energy is going after a bigger market than auto. The reason very few have focussed on it is because thus far Tesla has not had enough batteries to go after energy as ambitiously as auto. In the Autonomy Day presentation there were clear figures showing how a robo taxi fleet would blow away the competition and be a huge profit generator. Batteries does the same thing when applied to the energy sector.

If there's anyone here not watching Rob's videos, then strongly recommend you start...

Elon said that casting SS was not possible as it would just break the casting machines.

No, pressing SS is not possible. It would break the press machines.

SS is usually provided in sheets or rolls. You can cast it, but because it melts at a higher temperature you need more equipment and that would negate some of the cost savings (which are basically from using just flat pieces and putting a single bend in them and doubling the "skin" of the car as the support frame).

EDIT - I see @ZachF beat me to the explanation.

Rolled 4 Puts expiring today. (made ~ 1.2K on each)
New Strikes - Oct 16 520. with $113premium. If exercised, cost will now be ~400 (if Sept profits included).

(Plan to sell some CC's Tue afternoon ;) )

The call premiums are juicy right now. Sold a $575 for $9.90 and I am wondering if I should wait to sell more next week or just sell them today.

Reactions: elasalle
Those pesky macro's:mad::confused:
And they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you pesky kids.

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Logically you’d want more than one. What if there’s a maintenance problem? You going to risk shutting down your production line? Of course not. Secondly, does anyone know the cycle time of it? How many pieces per minute can be made? Is it one piece at a time or six? Is it 30 seconds or 2 minutes to make a piece?

Pages behind, so sorry if someone has already provided a better answer, but I timed a smaller/older one from the same company at 30 seconds cycle (from memory).

Newer should be quicker but bigger should be slower - so hard to know.

No, pressing SS is not possible. It would break the press machines.

SS is usually provided in sheets or rolls. You can cast it, but because it melts at a higher temperature you need more equipment and that would negate some of the cost savings (which are basically from using just flat pieces and putting a single bend in them and doubling the "skin" of the car as the support frame).

EDIT - I see @ZachF beat me to the explanation.
I was confusing the two. That would require an entirely different metal though. The plan is to use cold rolled steel which is a very different process than casting. With my limited understanding of course.

Before the Tech Recovery That Wasn’t over the last week, the Nasdaq was last at these levels on Friday, when TSLA was at $365. That’s a nice ratchet up.

TSLA continues to ratchet up - the ‘Daq is now where it closed last Friday, when the SP was $370.

If the macros are better early next week, it could be fun, though I don’t have much reason to believe they will be. Double bottom? I wouldn’t count on it, but fingers crossed.

Reactions: Christine69420