Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, the actual regen implementation is simple. But what if your engineers know nothing about the electronics and software for managing batteries? Then sudden, short switches from discharging to charging and back - at random SoCs - can cause damage to the precious cells.

Ford's lack of regen is indeed a huge red flag - an admission that they don't have a proper Battery Management System.

I drove the Mach E this weekend, it does have a one pedal regen mode, it's just not enabled by default. You have to bury down through a few menus to turn it on. It still doesn't feel as good as a Tesla does with one pedal driving but it's okay.

I've been wondering why I'm the only one calling out this care bear for meticulously detailing and linking to literally every single piece of FUD each morning. Quite overt.
I guess most of us choose not to feed the trolls?
It’s also tiring to read the bickering between folks who should just put each other on ignore.

Peace

No. All it shows is the little twitter bird followed by the https ending with /status/1373868817185714180 all in red

Actually it's the same for reddit links. Potentially others too I guess. Thought this was a new 'feature' from the forum upgrade.

Apparently this happens to many others as I got several likes on that post.

Any settings we can change?

Using a desktop. Same on both Firefox and Chrome.
Shows perfectly for me on MacBook (Safari) and Android (Chrome) phone. Haven't tested on my PC yet but assume it'll be similar.

For me, what you describe was the behavior of the old forum.
In the new version I see the entire tweet embedded, just like youtube links have a playable video window embedded.

ps: I see this on Firefox, both on Linux desktop and Macbook Air.
I also see the embedded tweets on Android phone using Chrome.
I used to see them. So apparently the forum upgrade broke this for some and enabled if for some others.

• Informative
Reactions: jerry33
I expect when people disagree(s ) they should let me know what they disagree and reason/proof to back up their reason. Would you help me to spell out the details of the disagrees. Thanks
You’ve been quite specifically told why, but let me try in even more direct language.

Your posts aren’t passing the sniff test. You are highly suspected of being a care bear. If so, you will go down in flames like every one before.

On the off chance you’re completely genuine and innocent; we aren’t your comrades (that takes more than a couple of weeks of membership) and we don’t require you to link to every anti-Tesla article or person on the face of planet and discuss ad naseum as we’ve been aware of all of it for many years and prefer not to give them attention they don’t deserve.

A few weeks ago I asked him for a source on a curious Tweet he wrote. My exact Tweet was: "Source?"

He reported it to Twitter as "Threatening physical violence/harm."

My personal account (my real name/photo) and the sub-account for my law firm were automatically locked and suspended. Twitter's automated support locked me out for 10 days and required me verify my phone number, upload a copy of my drivers license, and delete the tweet after the 10 day ban expired.

Adding insult to injury, his tweet was proven incorrect on these forums and elsewhere.

Suffice to say I won't cite him as a source here ever again.
How would you know he reported you? How do you know that report is what caused that to happen? I have reported things like "I would shoot him" on twitter and not seen the account limited. The tweet is no longer there though.

With regard to the Plaid MS and even more the Plaid X (and the new roadster) I am very curious as to how they solve(d) the enormous mechanical forces in bringing all that power to the wheels.
On our 2013 P85 we have now more than 300.000 km and while the car has proven very reliable (been driving all over Europe with it), it took more than a few drivetrains to receive one that can cope with the power of the P85, all on the rear wheels. But the car still drives like new, unbelievable.:cool:
I am sure Tesla learned a lesson or two with the drivetrains, but the mechanical challenge must be great.
As shareholder I would like to see as little messages of changed drivetrains as possible. Will give me all the more confidence for changing our cabrio for the new roadster!

What do you guys think about Tesla operating it's own semi fleet (potentially with FSD in the future) as opposed to selling semis to fleet operators?

Definitely worth an idea! The cost of semi is not big revenue generator. But operating / logistics can be one.

Although it is a whole new business. Operating too many businesses has its own issue. Look at GE, overtime your focus dilutes.

NO You are wrong.

No, I'm not.

The incident I cite, as I specifically said in the post you quoted as replying to, was like 12-15 months ago, with his suggesting just regular FSD well before the new beta did it with no disengagements....and no "slow" version was posted, just the sped-up version- you had to slow it yourself to notice he was being...less than full disclosure... about the disengagements for turns.

Not sure why you think citing stuff posted just in the last 2 months changes that....

(see also the more recent link I provided which WAS on FSD beta where he seems to deny FSD clipped a curb then the video sure looks like it did)

Did you watch the video? They seem to be using different cars unless they took the mylar off the center screen and then put it back on a few times.

While that would be odd- it'd be much less odd than your theory they somehow keep getting new factory cars, that all somehow have old firmware and also have beta FSD enabled on every one somehow....and ALSO have some interest in showing especially the bad Tesla stuff too?

So they're....what, a rogue tesla employee out to hurt the company or something....?

Seems a lot more likely they're just being more honest in posting both the good and bad on current firmware as they claim.

It's not like nobody else has ever posted any problems with the SW... and as I said, if there weren't any in the current version it would've been widely released by now.

Elon's already told us 8.anything isn't ready for that, wait on 9.

Their videos appear to support what he said, without need for complex conspiracy theories.

Ummm.... never? What about this Tweet from 2013?

It's newer than the video where he said on video at an investor luncheon "Tesla does not pay dividends, and never will"

Though it's still 8 years old at this point.

But as he notes in even the tweet, it'd mean he can't think of ANYTHING useful to do with money- which seems... well...

"They will pay dividends when Elon runs out of ideas" does not seem a sound investment plan to rely on.

Especially when he's often said, including far more recently, they do not want to be hugely profitable- they'd much prefer to keep profits quite small and instead make their products cheaper and get them into far more peoples hands.... (and that'll certainly include solar/energy, and other products core to the mission, not just cars)