Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if this unloaded cars in Zeebrudge already? Would be great news if they’ve already dropped off 2000 cars and have another 1800 to send to Oslo. This should put March deliveries over 3000 for Norway.

Thank you Norway.

Per Tesla Carriers,
9 of the 16 ships have already reached their destination. So we have 7 more ships remaining to unload goods.
The last ships in this list have arrival ETA of March20,22,24 ..
If all the ships make it by 24th, I think there is a good chance that end of quarter surge will ensure most of them will get delivered in the final week. ~ cheers!!

Per Tesla Carriers,
9 of the 16 ships have already reached their destination. So we have 7 more ships remaining to unload goods.
The last ships in this list have arrival ETA of March20,22,24 ..
If all the ships make it by 24th, I think there is a good chance that end of quarter surge will ensure most of them will get delivered in the final week. ~ cheers!!
Is it actually possible to deliver a car within a week of arrival? Big if true

Casual mocking does not rise to the Supremes' legal definition of "malice":

"it is not enough to show that it is false for the press to be liable for libel. Instead, the target of the statement must show that it was made with knowledge of or reckless disregard for its falsity."
New York Times v. Sullivan

The completely ludicrous "no yellow caution tape at the Factory" (despite numerous photos showing yellow caution tape at the factory) article in Business Insider -- was that Linette Lopez? -- would meet the standard for libel.

That was reckless disregard for the falsity of her statements.

Most of the other FUDsters have been on the safe side of that line...
....but Larry Fossi/"Montana Skeptic", who got corrected with citations in the comments to his own articles and refused to correct the articles, could also be proven to have knowledge that his statements were false.

Pretty positive article on CCN front page about the model Y.

View attachment 386281
Did we read the same article? My favorite is the list of negative articles at the bottom just in case you didn't get the idea that Model Y is basically a Hail Mary for an almost bankrupt company.

Edit: oh yeah and this quote:
"That raises the stakes for Tesla's launch because it risks losing its grip on the electric car market."
LOL

All of the points raised in that editorial the other day (sorry, I don't have a link or remember the author's name) would be key bullet points. Might also mention how this heavy-handed overenforcement on the comes on a part of the settlement (the social media policy) that 2 out of 5 commissioners didn't think appropriate to include to begin with. Another potential bullet point would be to mention the constant short-seller campaign to tag SEC_Enforcement and formally register complaints, e.g. effectively weaponizing the agency against Tesla in order to profit off of it.
Do you mean this one? Why is The SEC Picking on Elon Musk Instead of Mark Zuckerberg?

Wow. I thought that particular misinformation had been fully debunked a decade back. Amazing that you met someone who didn't know that EVs have the best acceleration, in this day and age.

You're probably right that it's a lot more common than I think. I'm spoilt living in Ithaca, everyone knows EVs are fast here (though they didn't 10 years ago -- I heard the "EVs are slow" nonsense a lot 10 years ago)

And people say no about advertising eventually. I’m not saying a full blown Super Bowl commercial and granted people talking about and showing their model 3’s helps, but this still doesn’t reach folks outside of CA CO NY etc. and penetrate into a state like Nebraska. A lot of people in this forum have a serious disconnect with what a large % of Americans know or believe about EV’s.

Obviously this becomes more of an issue as you go after larger market share.

At the very least a YouTube video series going over basic information would be helpful.

Maybe you won’t call it an ad campaign but a misinformation campaign. It also does not need to be in a traditional format.

Last edited:
Did I understand things correctly, that there is a trade agreement between the USA and Mexico under which a US car maker like Tesla is required to use a certain fraction of parts from Mexico?

Could some wiring and maybe floor mats come from Mexico? (I believe Elon Musk once told of a shipment of Mexican floor mats that got held up in US customs, because there were bullet holes in the truck due to some shooting that was unrelated to Tesla).

Anyway, my most important question is:

Would exports to Mexico involve any tariffs?

Model 3 has more than sufficient North American content to qualify for tariff free importation to Mexico.

It also has quite a bit of Mexican content. Wheels and brake system just to name two.

You might hear some FUD that Model 3 starts at the equivalent of $42k in Mexico.

The nationally advertised price for a vehicle in Mexico must include sales tax,destination fee,documentation fee,any salesperson commision, and any other fees except licence plates because those vary from State to State inside Mexico.

I also find Musk's decision to fight the SEC quite interesting, as the SEC are the ones that must approve any equity raise by Tesla.

I had a telecon with the SEC about this. The answer was a registrant's S-1 (initial offering/IPO) is subject to prior SEC review and questions before shares can be sold. Tesla has been using form 424b5's for follow-on offerings. These DO NOT require prior SEC review, but are subject to retrospective reviews--both scheduled and random. Most of the scheduled and random reviews are initiated as a results of tips and/or on-going investigations.

It's baffling what benefit Elon perceives from continually poking the hornets' nest, but as Darrel Royal said "ya gotta dance with them that brung ya."

Did we read the same article? My favorite is the list of negative articles at the bottom just in case you didn't get the idea that Model Y is basically a Hail Mary for an almost bankrupt company.

Edit: oh yeah and this quote:
"That raises the stakes for Tesla's launch because it risks losing its grip on the electric car market."
LOL
Yes I did! I actually think this counts as a positive article compared to most in major media. ;)

And people say no about advertising eventually. I’m not saying a full blown Super Bowl commercial and granted people talking about and showing their model 3’s helps, but this still doesn’t reach folks outside of CA CO NY etc. and penetrate into a state like Nebraska. A lot of people in this forum have a serious disconnect with what a large % of Americans know or believe about EV’s.
Having talked with a good number of people in Nebraska while showing my S85 (several times or several years), I found very few negative comments, and most of those had to do with range. The big hold-up in Nebraska (besides politicians) is the lack of SCs for travel. East-West is fine, but North-South is really poor--especially in the winter. Most N-S routes have 200 miles between SCs. Half of what's needed.

At the very least a YouTube video series going over basic information would be helpful.

Maybe you won’t call it an ad campaign but a misinformation campaign. It also does not need to be in a traditional format.

I think the question comes down to “when” not “if”. They only need ads when their production capability is high enough to meet demand. Until that happens(and, yes, I’m ignoring the bears once again illogically saying it has already), airing an ad just means making the line longer and making some people eventually just decide to not deal with Tesla.

Reactions: wipster and humbaba

I live in a small town in the midwest. A friend of mine considers himself knowledgable about Tesla, but appears to get his information primarily from blogs and the mainstream media. The last time he brought up one of the FUD lines about Tesla I was close to losing my cool because it gets so tiresome.*

The thing is this: while it might be tempting to think that advertising would change this, unless it changed blogs and headlines it wouldn't have any real effect on him. In fact, I don't think advertising even addresses the issue. Whether they are conscious of it or not, I believe most people view advertising as a tainted information source. So when it affirms what they already think, they believe it. When it goes against what they already think, they dismiss it.

Perhaps more to the point: the information is readily available. Anyone with access to blogs can easily discover FUD debunking -- it is a matter of where they choose to obtain their information from.

So when they relate the FUD, sure I try to debunk it. But obviously I'm just a working class guy and those smart analysts on CNBC can't be wrong, and besides Wired and the New York Times have been exposing Musk's erratic behavior and drug addiction. I'm just saying they're wrong because I'm a member of the cult of Elon.

And yet, when I registered my Tesla in early December it was the second one that particular DMV employee had registered that month. I haven't seen any other Teslas myself, but I hear about them.

So maybe those people who choose to get their "news" from purveyors of FUD and reject facts aren't all that important. Tesla still keeps growing their sales and the ICE vehicle sales keep dropping. I'm really looking forward to when the legacy makers collapse and new ICE vehicles are a niche market for those who can afford the "prestige" of being luddites.

* as an owner of an MR, I had to be told that I was going to have problems with ice freezing the windows, preventing the door from opening -- because it had not happened to me despite the arctic cold. Someone asked if I could give them a ride and when I asked them to be specific about where to they decided my Tesla wouldn't have the range for it (for the record, when they finally divulged where to, yes, it would not have been an issue, but they preferred someone drive them in an ICE vehicle anyway). And that isn't even getting into the familiar FUD about demand, Musk's alleged instability, Tesla's bankwuptcy, etc.

It's baffling what benefit Elon perceives from continually poking the hornets' nest, but as Darrel Royal said "ya gotta dance with them that brung ya."

Did I miss something? I’m assuming you aren’t just referring to the reply to the charge of contempt, which was asked for by the judge and laid out reasonable arguments against it... if he can’t do that, he might as well just give up now. They’ll keep peppering him with inane nonsense until they decide to remove him entirely.