Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lots to unpack with the all hands call leak.

CT delayed until late 22. That hurts personally, but it's a little embarrassing for the brand. I know it doesn't really matter but it gets old seeing the haters talk about how Tesla never gets products done. I don't like giving Ford and Rivian the lead in Trucks.
Small model, discussed to be released without steering wheel. I'm not buying that as happening.
FSD rollout is on track for just a few more weeks.
Craziest quarter for deliveries ever.

Having the stock jump due to FSD rollout will more than makeup for my Cybertruck delay.

Uber and Lyft do that already.
I'm not happy about it either but just think of it like GM getting the Bolt out before the Model 3.

My only concern is did cars mostly just arrive earlier. So will September deliveries lag compared to June.

As you can see on this map (Tesla Carriers Map) there are still plenty of ships, full of cars, in the pipeline for Q3:

- One ship on its way to Oslo, after having delivered cars in Zeebrugge already.
- One ship unloading in Zeebrugge.
- Four ships on their way from Shanghai to Europe (attention: the ship south of India is actually two ships, which you can see if you zoom in).

About the CyberTruck delay, maybe Elon is wanting to give Ford/Rivian a head start in the electric truck market. I’m sure demand for their EV trucks will skyrocket as a number of CT reservation holders undoubtedly will change their mind, putting pressure on these companies to step up their production plans.

This will also accelerate the EV adaption in the truck market (and help Tesla achieve it’s mission).
They just don't have the batteries ready IMO.

i'm also not convinced they've solved actual Cybertruck production. It's such a radically different design from anything they (or anyone else) has ever done, it's extremely unlikely that they've accounted for all of the difficulties in advance.

I think I heard somewhere that prototypes are easy, production is hard...

My goal was to be clear in stating how there is no law I have found that prevents Tesla (the company from Fremont, CA) from selling cars to Texans. This is the FUD that is oft repeated and establishes the mistaken impression that Texans cannot buy Tesla cars. It is not supported in fact, therefore it is false. Do you disagree with this?

You are being ridiculous and this is my last comment on your silly straw man argument.

I haven't seen anyone claim that Tesla can't sell their cars to Texans. Obviously they can - everyone on this forum knows this. The claim has always been that Tesla is not allowed to make the sale in Texas like every other major automaker can. This is not a level playing field.

Yes, steps can be taken to help minimize the disadvantage Tesla is put in but it cannot be totally eliminated until Tesla is legally allowed to compete on equal footing. It's not FUD, the disadvantage Tesla is put at is a disgrace. And you appear to admit that Texas auto dealerships would fight tooth and nail to maintain this anti-competitive law. That's all the proof we need to know that it works, that it disadvantages Tesla relative to the the big OEM's.

How I will love the day we don't call them the "big" OEM's any longer!

Last edited:

Yup, that's not news. Elon said during the 2021 Q2 Conference Call that Tesla has a better than even chance of being at a 100GWh/yr run-rate bty production by the end of 2022. That's been the plan for quite a while, and its a lotta CTs once that mill starts cranking out those puppies.

Even better news for shareholders, this also means that Fremont + Giga Texas will have enough Model Y production capacity to consume all the 2170s batteries that Tesla can make at Giga Nevada. Together with the new LPF packs from CATL, that's a whole lotta high-margin Y's in 2022. :D

Cheers!

Yup, that's not news. Elon said during the 2021 Q2 Conference Call that Tesla has a better than even chance of being at a 100GWh/yr run-rate bty production by the end of 2022. That's been the plan for quite a while, and its a lotta CTs once that mill starts cranking out those puppies.

Even better news for shareholders, this also means that Fremont + Giga Texas will have enough Model Y production capacity to consume all the 2170s batteries that Tesla can make at Giga Nevada. Together with the new LPF packs from CATL, that's a whole lotta high-margin Y's in 2022. :D

Cheers!

P.S. Anybody think the MMs want $730 ?
No.

/s

Umm - Did Anyone Notice What's Happening in Europe? 😲
For the countries where August data is available thus far, deliveries for the first 2 months are up 55% over Q2's first 2 months.
We are still missing Germany and the UK (2 of the largest EU markets); I expect the 55% growth to drop when these 2 markets report but the trend looks great so far.
Model Y is driving much of this.

View attachment 704617

Link to the data:

Germany now added. Waiting on the UK:

1630680262987.png

CT delayed until late 22. That hurts personally, but it's a little embarrassing for the brand. I know it doesn't really matter but it gets old seeing the haters talk about how Tesla never gets products done. I don't like giving Ford and Rivian the lead in Trucks.

Agreed, this bothers me too. :(

Although when the CT's do start rolling off the production line they will quickly outpace both Ford and Rivian and sell more than both of them combined most likely.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I can’t tell from the sped up video..does the car finally cede the center of the lane when oncoming traffic shows up?

Or does the oncoming traffic perceptively move to their right because the autosteer Tesla stays exactly in the lane center?

Until that subtle way of driving on two lane highways is sorted out, it will be a while before FSD will be beyond beta (outside freeway scenarios).

Lots to unpack with the all hands call leak.

Small model, discussed to be released without steering wheel. I'm not buying that as happening.
FSD rollout is on track for just a few more weeks.
Craziest quarter for deliveries ever.

Having the stock jump due to FSD rollout will more than makeup for my Cybertruck delay.

Uber and Lyft do that already.
Embarrassing?? That makes no sense to feel embarrassed. After all that Tesla has done, after all the other mfgs also have/had/continue to have delays, you’re embarrassed for Tesla?! Please.

Embarrassed should be bragging how you’re first to market with a 35k EV that’s going to be so much competition for Tesla as to quite likely put them out of business and then have to recall every single one because you cherry cheesecaked it.

Embarrassed is being a long established mfger bragging about how awesome your EV is and then parking them for months on end because uh, the software doesn’t actually work, never mind the cheating and lying that you also did for decades that prematurely killed and continues to kill people.

Embarrassment should be every intentional lie spouted, bought and paid for, and advertised.

What’s not embarrassing is delaying a revolutionary product with never before done mass production processes that will save lives via its 5* rating and its non-emissions. It’s not embarrassing taking the necessary engineering time to get this product right. It’s not embarrassing taking the time to get something else (production of MY) off your plate and ensure its success first.

About the CyberTruck delay, maybe Elon is wanting to give Ford/Rivian a head start in the electric truck market. I’m sure demand for their EV trucks will skyrocket as a number of CT reservation holders undoubtedly will change their mind, putting pressure on these companies to step up their production plans.

This will also accelerate the EV adaption in the truck market (and help Tesla achieve it’s mission).
I cant take any thinking that Ford getting a headstart when they only plan on producing 15K in 2022 and that is after doubling. Ford doesnt want to sell F150L in volume any time soon. Once CT starts production it will be constant ramp up.