Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would not mention the tunnel just yet. Some logistics need to be worked out.

*rolls eyes*

Hysterical twitter poster is remarking on worrying about "asphyxiating" in a tunnel with cars that have no emissions....during a 'traffic jam' that delayed their arrival at the station by less than 60 seconds

Good Lord there seems to be a lot of effort holding TSLA back right now. I continue to be baffled by how the MMs, shorts, etc. piss into the wind and then expend tons of effort to keep from wetting themselves.

Seriously guys, if you just did a 180 and pissed in a downwind direction like us longs, you'd make money and stay dry without any effort at all. A side effect is that you go home at the end of the day smelling less like pee.

A bunch of nitpickers... perhaps, because Lucid delivered just a bunch of cars so far. That is like saying "all Lucid owners are nitpickers".

I have nothing against Lucid and I wish them success. But with so much issues preventing the car from being a daily driver, look like Lucid will have a hard time converting preorders to actual orders. The car is "rushed" for the sake of stock price and Warren is right about that.
Many things about Lucid doesn't sit right like being a Spac and the investors of CCIV got hosed without understanding the terms. However, Q people are not investors but are haters. It's a behavior designed to twist truths, poke holes, and fear mongering against hard working individuals who just want to see their product succeed. This is a practice Tesla investors should never participate in because that make us all hypocrites.

Good Lord there seems to be a lot of effort holding TSLA back right now. I continue to be baffled by how the MMs, shorts, etc. piss into the wind and then expend tons of effort to keep from wetting themselves.

Seriously guys, if you just did a 180 and pissed in a downwind direction like us longs, you'd make money and stay dry without any effort at all. A side effect is that you go home at the end of the day smelling less like pee.
They don't care if they smell like pee. They would kill their grandmother if they made money from selling her parts.

Rent seeking hollowed out shell of humanity...the lot.

Teslarati - today: Tesla’s workforce expansion at Giga Shanghai will grow ‘new model’ line by 50%

Excerpt:

Tesla’s workforce expansion at Gigafactory Shanghai in China will grow the electric automaker’s “new model production area” by 50%, from 6,000 to 9,000 employees. When the expansion plan is complete, Tesla will employ 19,000 workers at the facility.
Rob Maurer clarified some of this in his latest YT video:
His take is that it is a new "model line", not a "new model" line, and likely not a "Model 2" line either.

after reading the fact-checking twitter post, i actually like this being held back and consolidating more at this time.

sure we suffer a little while longer but the more it compresses the more the dumb shorts get bankrupted. the smart ones are really running out of dumb ones to burn. especially with rising rates and margins.
expect this whipsawing in market as the smart get more and more desperate to burn the dumb, because they know the addressable dumb market may be shrinking very soon.

my basic investing goal…just try as hard as i can not to be dumb

Last edited:
I'd love to trade options because that seems like that's where the SERIOUS money is...but I don't for this very reason. If the market were logical, I'd make a killing. But clearly the market moves in mysterious ways, often due to reasons out of anyone's control, and often completely contrary to common sense. This irritates me, so I avoid options trading. It makes me a HODLer which limits my gains, but I probably sleep a little bit better at night.
I've just started helping my parents w/ options for income since Q4 of last year. There's risk a lot of risk and time involved and while it can be lucrative, I've questioned whether I want to risk my parents savings on being wiped out by extreme volatility that goes against us. My personal account is 100% long TSLA stock, so the general not advice on the options thread is to no risk what you're not afraid to lose. Nothing wrong with staying long in stock.

Since shorting essentially involves borrowing, do rising interest rates make the cost of shorting higher? I'm assuming it does but wanted clarification. If so, perhaps one benefit of slightly higher interest rates is less pressure from shorts.
Nope, the cost for borrowing shares is based on the supply. There is ample supply of TSLA available so the rate has been 0.3% for a long time:

Nope, the cost for borrowing shares is based on the supply. There is ample supply of TSLA available so the rate has been 0.3% for a long time:

it’s based on both. if rates go up, cost to borrow goes up as well, even if it’s GC stock (general collateral rated securities),
i.e. the liquid stuff.

even if just a few BIPs based on prime rates

but yes, s&d has a more profound effect

and TSLA has had plenty of supply to borrow street-wide, for some time now

THEY got sick and tired of CALLs doing nothing so they did what THEY had to. Call's have been flying off the shelf now. This will continue today. THEY like having a balance of Calls and Puts. They make their money on the fees and premiums. If the Call are not selling they are only making half the profits.

Notice how MON-WED Calls or not moving much then Thursday BOOM off to the races.
010722 MP.gif

I'd love to trade options because that seems like that's where the SERIOUS money is...but I don't for this very reason. If the market were logical, I'd make a killing. But clearly the market moves in mysterious ways, often due to reasons out of anyone's control, and often completely contrary to common sense. This irritates me, so I avoid options trading. It makes me a HODLer which limits my gains, but I probably sleep a little bit better at night.
you mean a hodler that limits your losses

Model X Plaid: the configurator seems to only offer 6 seats now, so the base price just went up $6500. I know they’re *delivering* 6-seaters first, but do they really have no intention of producing the 5/7 seat versions? This could be temporary except the backlog means it won’t even kick in for quite a while… I wonder if they just don’t want plaids (eventually) sitting undelivered because of a less popular seating configuration? Or is this a supply issue?
At this rate, people will need to be happy if any Model Xs of any kind get delivered every. How long has it been since Tesla sold a new X? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Disagree
Reactions: MTL_HABS1909
I had agreed with all of this up until v11 software. What they did to the UI is unthinkable. I really have no opinion between the two different operating systems, but they jacked this up. It went from functioning like an iphone (which I don't have) to a child's play toy.
Not been my experience. I’ve adapted to it quite easily and have no issues using it. It’s neither better nor worse to me, it’s just different.

There will always be things that individuals prefer. Some things I preferred about the old, some things I prefer about the new. Meh.

I suggest that Tesla might just be open to making changes down the road if they hear compelling, logical and reasonable input from owners. You know, kind of like how they’ve always done that in the past.